The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Champions Sprint 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Champions Sprint 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1307

Yeah it is but purely a value play this one. He won’t go off at 8/1 that’s for sure. Plus we have one more race to go on and Golden Horde seems to be a solid form guide.

I was mostly against him for the Sprint Cup because these sprinters are all beating each other and winning back to back Group 1s looks beyond them. The enforced break might actually play more into Oxted’s hands now. Let’s hope Mr Teal gets him there ready!

Won’t be my only pick in this though that’s almost for sure

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2208

If there is any kind of soft in the going description Oxted wont win I think. I like the horse as you know but I believe he is a fast ground horse. He was taken out of Royal Ascot as the predicted going would’ve had ease in it and Teal targeted him straight for the July Cup. Even if he was right in the build up to Haydock he would’ve likely struggled once the going turned Heavy by the Thursday.

Dream of Dreams will probably win.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1307

I thought the same Mike, but RT comments were interesting and do make perfect sense. They’re all much of a muchness these sprinters.

I’m not even sure Dream of Dreams will turn up, be better to go and win the Foret maybe

Guess they could do both

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2208
    Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1307

I’ve cashed it out on reading that, doesn’t sound promising

Kris
    Participant
    • Total Posts 623

I think that I’ll have one last bet on The Tin Man here at 20-1.

His best days may be behind him, but it would be great to see him do it.

Sentimentality aside, I will add Glen Shiel nearer the time.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1307

I took 8/1 on Golden horde this weekend think he’s overpriced, 7s still available

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2208

Dream Of Dreams 5-2.

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2850

Sonaiyla stays in. She’s entered up in both listed + G3 races in Ireland this week too, but given she’s owned by a stud and already has placed g1 blacktype you’d imagine they will go here. I won’t go into her chances again, as i’ve already touched on them earlier.

20/1 i’ll go half a stake for now + see what way she goes in the market.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1307

Bit of a messy antepost for me this one, cashed out the Oxted one and then got burnt on Golden Horde coming out this week.

It doesn’t look like any extreme conditions this year which is great. Should get at least soft all over and possibly Good to Soft by Saturday if no more rain.

I think it’s therefore between 3 to win. Oxted I’ve been put off by Roger Teal’s comments about not running him, I still think they might put him away for the year yet. Dream of Dreams is the obvious one, but the record of Haydock Sprint Cup Winners is poor here. 0/9. Compare that to beaten horses that have won 4 times in that last 9 years. I think that’s a positive for Art Power and I agree with your comments earlier Jack that an Ascot 6F could be right up his street actually.

Going to hold off just for now and try and get some more confidence he is definitely running.

One Master won’t get her preferred ground now, Glen Shiel I think it’s unlikely as much as he ran well last time out and Starman is incredibly short for what he’s done so far.

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2850

Yeah Frenchy, i’ll probably have him as a bet too. Sonaiyla for now though.

I see Make A Challenge has been left in the 6f on Thursday which i find weird as it’s listed compared to this G1, but i guess it might now be more pot picking exercise.

I’d definitely have Sonailya shorter than 25s (in a place) for this. She beat off the opposition and for me they thought they had done enough before Glen Shiel caught them.

He’s 10/1 and given his run vs DOD i’m happy with that line with Sonailya for all i don’t think she’s necessarily certain to beat DOD, i do think a stiff 6f on softer going is perfect for her. People will be quick to rule her out, but it’s worth considering her trainer is one of the shrewdest about and she’ll be ready to give a good account.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1307

It’s worth a shout, in career best form this year. From a trends perspective it would be a surprise if she won and personally I won’t usually back a horse even Each Way unless I think it can win. 25s is a decent price though if you can get that.

25/1 33/1 and 10/1 the last 3 winners of this so you couldn’t put anyone off anything based on that!

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2850

I can get it for a minimal stake- but i’ll back it anyway. One of those that comes under the terrible saying “she owes me nothing”.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1307

Art Power is jocked up in the Racing Post, never a definite that, but found a quote that said this was the target, so should be fairly sure he’s running. 12/1 best price at the moment, I think that’s a bit huge actually.

Art Power 12/1 EW

Kris
    Participant
    • Total Posts 623

I agree Frenchy, that’s a good looking price. I was going to go with Glen Shiel, but I’ll take Art Power at 12-1 to go with The Tin Man.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.