The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Champion Stakes Today

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Champion Stakes Today

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4811

What a very disappointing turnout for such a big prize. Would the proximity to the Arc and Breeders cup be the reason?

Ugly Mare
    • Total Posts 1294

A small but select field with Mr O’Brien having 50 percent of the field, as is usual in Irish races these days isn’t it?

Too many group 1’s across Europe. They should be the exception and some should be demoted to Group 2 status in my view. Not this one though, it’s worthy. I wouldn’t have thought the Breeders Cup was the reason for the lack of numbers though, maybe the Arc trials next weekend more likely? I’d like to see the Foy/Niel with penalties for Gr. 1 winners.

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4811

Maraahael – Never won above Group 2
    Red Rocks – Seems best at a mile and four
    Duke – No more than Group class
    Red Rock – No better than useful
    Finsceal – High class no doubt but still has to prove that beyond a mile

Surely a penalty kick for Dylan which is disappointing given the race’s status and prize money.

Seems like the Arc and Breeders Cup are becoming something of a Cheltenham for flat trainers once the clasics and Royal Ascot are out of the way

Ugly Mare
    • Total Posts 1294

be interesting to see Finsceal Beo over 10f, but what a race to try it out on. The trouble with Irish Gr. 1’s is it’s general failure to attract runners from France, you hardly ever see any these days over there.
    I think taking the race over the last few years, it’s a worthy Group 1 though, even if it’s a disappointing turnout this year.

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

Year in year out this race attracts a top class line up every year…one dodgy looking renewal and everyone goes over board.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.