The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Champion Hurdle 2010

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Champion Hurdle 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 783 through 799 (of 881 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Go Native’s a stonking each-way bet at 9/2 for me. Might have a saver on Solwhit more out of loyalty than anything else mind!

Participant
    • Total Posts 32971

People insist there won’t be any pace, and it will favour speed horses such as Go Native, but races at the Festival are rarely run like that. Go through the results for the last 10 years and you might find a handful of races not run at a true pace, (none of them Champion Hurdles, incidentally).
    In any race with half-a-dozen or more classy horses all trying to win (11 in the CH,imo) even if they don’t go too quickly for the first half-mile, these good horses will be vying against each other for most of the race, and every good jump or small burst of speed by one of the leaders puts more pressure on the field as a whole. Championship pace isn’t a myth, it holds true for nearly every race at the Festival, similarly at Royal Ascot, and most of the bigger and well-contested races races throughout the year.
    I wouldn’t bet anything in these races in expectation of a modest pace, it just is not going to happen.

My idea of the winner – Solwhit, with Punjabi a big danger.

Reet,

Not

saying it

will

be slow. Just, with not many front runners in the field; the

possibility

of a "

slower than normal

pace" is

greater

Value Is Everything
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Nicky Henderson seems more upbeat about Punjabi than he does Binocular or Zaynar but asked what he thought was the best bet of the day was, he said Khyber Kim :shock:

• Total Posts 403

He looked shocked when Punjabi won last year. I think the best idea would be not to take any notice of anything he says.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32971

Zaynar is now marginal value in my book, but am put off by one of his owners (Victor Chandler) now going equal top price of 11/1. Seems to want to lay his own horse.

Value Is Everything
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I’ve got Celestial Halo at 16/1 and i win bet on Go Native. I rarely do 2 horses in 1 race but i couldn’t leave it at that price 2 weeks back.

If it’s a strong race Halo should like it and he’s 4lb better off with Khyber Kim from their last race. I think also Ruby will ride his own race on him and not play the waiting game.

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

Zaynar is now marginal value in my book, but am put off by one of his owners (Victor Chandler) now going equal top price of 11/1. Seems to want to lay his own horse.

Probably more of a worry than lack of pace, Jockey, or the going tbh. So long as nobody tells Zaynar!

Participant
    • Total Posts 1229

Probably more of a worry than lack of pace, Jockey, or the going tbh. So long as nobody tells Zaynar!

Well, ive had only one bet today and that is solwhit..hope he runs well. I just think that if he is a proper race horse.

SHL

• Total Posts 1982

The last hurdle being moved arguably had an effect on the result in the first.

Which horses do you think will benefit after watching that race?

Will it have any effect on the result / the way jockey’s ride the race?

• Total Posts 403

As I suspected Victor has nowt to do with the horse’s odds as he’s semi retired. His money is down in any case.

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Have done a safety on Zaynar 9-1 aswell as having Celestial Halo 16s and Won In The Dark 100s, think all 3 have ground in their favour for a good run.

• Total Posts 1982

Fist????

• Total Posts 2440

That was very, very impressive by Binocular.

• Total Posts 81

impressive

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

Holy f****** christ!

Time to take cover, I think…

Participant
    • Total Posts 1141

Oh dear….. :lol:

• Total Posts 1982

C’mon, Fist.

You tell ’em. Your public demand you speak!!

Viewing 17 posts - 783 through 799 (of 881 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.