The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Champion Hurdle 2010

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Champion Hurdle 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 579 through 595 (of 881 total)
  • Author
    Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Agree the price is a shade anaemic now, Bulwark. There’s barely a rizzla between several of them, and it should probably be about 11/2 the field.

• Total Posts 1046

Just thought I’d mention that the reigning Champion Hurdler purred and powered in his prep, will have ideal conditions again and an excellent jock on board.

:wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 1141

How many Champion Hurdle winners won a 1m handicap on the all weather in their last prep run before the race? :lol:

Starluck (maybe a bit of a forgotten horse?) showed his versatility and well being tonight and probably sharpened himself up nicely for a tilt at the CH.

If the better weather keeps up and the ground dries up a bit I’d give the horse a squeak in an absolutely wide open race…

• Total Posts 1217

Yes, couldn’t believe the price of Starluck tonight, 7/2 for a top class hurdler against some average flat horses, a very versatile horse indeed.

Everytime I study the field I keep turning to Celestial Halo, think conditions will be ideal for him and is a big price. His Cheltenham record is 122 as well which is encouraging.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1820

i had a little bit on Celestial Halo in November at 10s – the ground should be right for him with drier weather forecast, but i’m not convinced and neither is the market with a drifted price of 16s!. But i’m sure Nicholls will have him as ready as he can be.
    Also had an e/w bet on Medermit at the end of November at a price of 40/1 and I’m thinking he’s got an excellent e/w chance – in fact, could be the real ‘improver’ in the field who will keep on progressing!

colinf
    • Total Posts 144

Celestial Halo is a huge price for me at 16’s …. looking back at last year’s race he travelled and jumped best all the way down the back … maybe the scrap he had with Osana softened him up for Punjabi but he never flinched and was only five last year … Punjabi’s good run as a five-year-old steeled him for victory last year.
    With no other obvious front runner Walsh may have it much easier this year.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

Nicholls said in his Racing Post piece last Thursday he thinks 16’s is tremendous value.

Can’t see past Solwhit. Form is rock solid. Zaynar is worth backing at 8s from a value persepctive.

• Total Posts 2440

I do think this is going to be a fantastic race, just highlighted on here by how many people are backing or going to be following so many different horses.

Solwhit, Go Native, Zaynar, Medermit, Celestial Halo, Punjabi, Khyber Kim, Starluck, Sublimity, etc… a great line up, and it’s nice to see that the novices of last year are a very good bunch of horses.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Binocular being backed today on BF!

€58 previously matched at 1000

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Who’d want to back a horse( Binocular ) who is not an intended runner ? :?

Besides, Go Native will sluice up. :wink:

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Roseblossom
    Participant
    • Total Posts 353

Somebody in the know judging by the story that’s just appeared on the Racing Post…

• Total Posts 2440

So if they have done tests, etc… and found no problems with him, then what is to blame for his very below par runs? ? ?

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

They did find out what was wrong with him and probably the treatment has worked better than expected, if he schools well over hurdles I guess he will run.

• Total Posts 1046

Thought he ran to form myself. Not top class is he we know that.

Duke Of Marmalade
    • Total Posts 79

Somebody in the know judging by the story that’s just appeared on the Racing Post…

Can’t access RP at work and nothing on Sporting Life, could someone please give me a brief synopsis of what the article said.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

BINOCULAR was back in training at Nicky Henderson’s Lambourn stable on Thursday with a Smurfit Kappa Champion Hurdle challenge a renewed possibility after being given a clean bill of health following a body scan and other exhaustive veterinary tests.

Henderson said on Thursday night that he was “ruling nothing in but ruling nothing out” for the one-time ante-post favourite, but promised to keep the public fully informed of developments in the countdown to Cheltenham.

Third inlast year’s Champion when 6-4 favourite and beaten half a length by stable companion Punjabi, Binocular had this winter given connections, in particular jockey TonyMcCoy, cause for concern because in three races he had not reproduced the same trademark fluency with his jumping.

As a result, his season looked over last month when it was feared he was being troubled by a recurring muscular problem, and Henderson announced he would miss the Champion, for which he was as short as 6-1.

However, with all tests negative he has returned to training at Seven Barrows.

“Binocular is looking and moving extremely well, but we’ll wait until he schools over hurdles for AP [McCoy] next week before we formulate a plan,” explained Henderson.

He added: “Binocular is still entered for the Champion Hurdle and if there was a realistic chance of his running at Cheltenham to the best of his ability, then who knows?

“After he’s worked and schooled next weekwe’ll have a far clearer idea of where we are."

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Thought he ran to form myself. Not top class is he we know that.

What a day 1st i lose on Mikael,now i here Binocular is back in the reckoning! I still think he is the biggest danger to Celestial Halo,i hope he doesn"t run! I have good place wagers on both Medermit and Go Native,thats my 3!

Viewing 17 posts - 579 through 595 (of 881 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.