The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Champion Bumper 2010

Home Forums Archive Topics Champion Bumper 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 161 total)
  • Author
    petercreek
    • Total Posts 51

Having just watched a repeat of the performance of Dr. Whizz from the Thomas Mullins yard when winning at Cork yesterday I thought it time to start a new post.

I realise that between now and March there will be hundreds of potential champion bumper horses being introduced.However, he was very impressive and given that Cork is a flat fairly easy test I was impressed by his travelling speed and the ease which which he quickened.

The race could prove to be a little weak but the yard expect Dr. Whizz to improve for a stiffer test and he certainly wouldn’t mind some juice in the ground.

His current odds of 14-1 with Paddy Power are a bit cramped and it would be worth waiting a while for a few more to put down markers before getting involved as I am sure you will get a bigger price before Dr. Whizz runs again.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Merchant Royal will enter the market when he wins his bumper (bold statement from me I know :P )

• Total Posts 2184

Every chance that Dr Whizz might go hurdling in the next few weeks. Tom said that he’ll leave the decision up to JP.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

You wouldn’t have to look far to find a better prospect than him………Lucky William on the same card looked in a different class.

Thought the Mullins horse looked very ordinary to be honest

arkle 1
    • Total Posts 1

i think its a bit early for mullins to have his top bumber horses for cheltleham out yet,to long to keep them on the go

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

This Noel Meade horse may not make it to Cheltenham however he was very impressive today.He is called
    Monastrell.Anyone see this today

Lami
    • Total Posts 12

megastar

• Total Posts 2184

Some Slam will have another run in one of the Leopardstown bumpers at Christmas. If he wins he’ll be prepped for Cheltenham.

Really impressed by his win down at Listowel. Katie could barely pull him up after he finished. Summit Meeting has done the form no harm.

Lami
    • Total Posts 12

Kawbeew

Lami
    • Total Posts 12

kaybeew

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

Megastar sounds interesting…

• Total Posts 2184

Dr Whizz holds an entry for a maiden hurdle at Fairyhouse on Saturday so that rules him out of the reckoning.

Tom Mullins still has Some Slam for the top bumpers though and he holds an entry in what on paper looks to be a very informative bumper at Fairyhouse on Saturday. Some potentially very decent sorts provisionally entered up and it looks like it could well be the best bumper ran in Ireland so far this season.

I’ll be staying loyal to Some Slam if he runs. The form of that Listowel bumper is working out very well.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

"thehorsesmouth" wrote: Merchant Royal will enter the market when he wins his bumper (bold statement from me I know :P )

Runs in the bumper tomorrow, dare I say let him pay for Christmas?! No, i dare not! I remember another Weld inmate was hotly fancied on his initial run last season, Lead The Parade, but scoped badly after running a ashocker. Well, he made up for it anyway, but lets hope the Merchant will have nothing to make up for :wink:

• Total Posts 2184

Some Slam will hopefully be out on Tuesday. Willie has two winners entered so it should be a good test of his credentials.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Not a lot of bumpers horses stand out so far why do you guys think that is.

petercreek
    • Total Posts 51

Dr Whizz is another gone from the Bumper list having just won his maiden hurdle the only consolation being that I backed him at the very generous odds of 7-1!!!

He looks like a smart recruit and seemed to have a bit in hand and will certainly be better over further.

With regards the bumper picture you are right at this stage there aren’t any real stand outs. We could even see an English winner in 2010!

petercreek
    • Total Posts 51

Another one bites the dust!!

Thats Some Slam’s chances over given a very disappointing performance. Beaten by over 20 lengths by one of Mullins lesser lights.

I think Hurdling beckons now for Some Slam.

What about Robbie from the Reveley stable who ran well in finishing second while running very green he has apparently improved hugely for his debut(as you would expect!)?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 161 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.