The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Champ

Home Forums Horse Racing Champ

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Avatar photoThe Tatling Cheekily
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2723

Why hasn’t the Henderson yard been allowed to enter him in any chases? Disgraceful.

BUY THE SUN

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

You have to assume the back surgery hasn’t worked and hes still jumping like a snooker table and that’s why he’s in the long walk

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2723

Not according to Henderson. There hasn’t been any races for him over fences. You’d have to wonder why he wasn’t allowed to run in the Charlie Hall, Hennessey, Paddy Power, Betfair Chase, Ascot Chase, John Durkan, Old Roan, Labdroke Champion Chase, etc etc. I think the bloke has quite possibly lost the plot. What on earth is he talking about?

BUY THE SUN

Participant
    • Total Posts 32901

Usually defend Henderson but this type of nonsense can’t be defended.
    Strongly suspect he’s telling porkies about why Champ isn’t entered in chases.
    Conclusion: Champ just doesn’t jump – either for physical or simple accuracy. The horse has never been a good jumper.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

Henderson’s antics are now very tiresome. It is always a case of either no available races or the ground being unsuitable.

Does he actually want to run any of his horses before Cheltenham? The Only Meeting That Matters, as he said on Tingle Creek day last year.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4118

The racecourse gallops at Newbury seem to be a very attractive option for the Seven Barrows team.

Otherwise the stable is extremely quiet at this time of the season. People will remind us of Corkey’s departure almost two years ago, but this can’t be all of it.

Colin Phillips
    Participant
    • Total Posts 313

Henderson is very like Boris Johnson in some ways.

Kendicate
    Participant
    • Total Posts 370

For me this is mostly about the trainers who are sponsored by bookmakers.

Henderson enters them probably knowing the horse is never going to run, then needs to make some sort of excuse as to why its not showing up. I would love to see the numbers in terms of how much he gets paid by Unibet and how much they take on the antepost book. I could be completely wrong on that, it could be only a small amount.

Then theres Betfair Nicholls with his weekly “I’m sweet on this one for the big saturday race” headlines at least he runs his horses to give him his dues.

Big owners seem happy to tolerate the nonsense and keep sending him horses though so maybe theres no problem?

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

He,s only 10s now for the stayers , if he runs well on Sat this may well be the path he takes …..I’m on at 20s so hopefully this is the case

Participant
    • Total Posts 32901

Don’t think it is anything to do with who sponsors the stable, Kendicate. More like the trainer’s age, older trainers often don’t like telling Joe Public much at all. That and (this case in particular) owners wanting him to keep punters and bookmakers in the dark about potential targets. Not surprised Champ has now been backed for the Stayers Hurdle. :whistle:

Value Is Everything
    Salut A Toi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 194

Henderson is very like Boris Johnson in some ways.

That’s a bit harsh Colin. At least Henderson used to be alright, not sure that can be said about the other individual.

Mind you See You Then never used to run much either and that was 35 years ago 😉

Participant
    • Total Posts 1989

Would usually be the first to slate Hendo, but there’s only so much you’d be wanting to say about one of JP’s in public.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2723

You think he is aiming him at a spring handicap TKF? I doubt it.

He is just bonkers and not happy unless there is a two runner conditions walkover available somewhere.

BUY THE SUN

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

“it could be only a small amount.”

It’s tiny.

I’ve been friends with their Head of marketing for 25 years and these week of race ante-post books like on the Tingle Creek are just a bit of marketing to support races they sponsor and they hardly take any money at all on them.

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/
    It's the "Millwall FC" of Point broadcasts: "No One Likes Us - We Don't Care"

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 2553

What’s that clanging sound?

TROY111
    Participant
    • Total Posts 280

God I hope he’ll be ok for the 2022 derby :good: :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 5683

I’ve been friends with the bottom of marketing for nigh on 50 years and he leaked out
    Champ needs a break.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.