Challow Hurdle 2019

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Challow Hurdle 2019

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Mike007 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5709

Champ could take too much out of himself tomorrow with his keenness and scrappy jumping. Backed Brewin’Upastorm at 11/2. Looked like he could have gone round again at Huntingdon.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4514

KATESON for me Joe at 15/2.
    I think he has improved with every run and if he continues to do so will win this

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2542

I was all over Champ last time as I’d said on here before the race.

I’d waited a long time to see him run in a decent handicap but to win like he did, after being that keen, was very impressive to my eye.

I hope to see him settle better tomorrow as this race is often a proper stamina test and he could leave it out of him. However, he’s potentially one of the best novice hurdlers around and could just be far too classy for this lot.

If he does outclass them, my bet at 10s for the Ballymore for him is definitely in play. If it’s a stamina sapping battle as is often the case and he manages to outstay them instead, I think they’d suddenly be very tempted in the Albert Bartlett. The perils of betting antepost I suppose. Hopefully he’s just too good for them and oozes class.

Champ @ 11/8

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15795

Kateson 7’s with 3 Places is really decent, but only a small bet for me, so win only.

viktors89
    viktors89
    Participant
    • Total Posts 337

Coolanly at 12s for me.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2276

Ailsa mix for me at 11/1

viktors89
    viktors89
    Participant
    • Total Posts 337

Good performance by the winner.

Getaway Trump looks to be on the up with every run, at one stage looking the likely winner. Might have an ante for him on the ballymore.

thewexfordman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1077

How long will it be before this race is downgraded to it’s true level of listed standard

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4514

What a farce of a race!! A three furlong sprint up the straight!! :wacko: :wacko:

WELL DONE CHAMP BACKERS :good: :good:

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1093

wexfordman regarding horses that ‘beat nothing’. Plenty of them horses over the years beat what is front of them regardless of class and then go on to win at the festival. Buveur Dair is an example one could argue. Sometimes certain horses frighten off the opposition so they can only beat what is front of them on any given day. Not an exact science of course as we would all be rich. B-)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.