The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Call me old fashioned but..

Home Forums Archive Topics Systems Call me old fashioned but..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 66

.. I think developing these systems to pick the most likely horse to win, will help when picking selections, but after seeing TAPK reach an outstanding achievement today with Dawn Approach winning (picking him 9 months ago at about 20/1 I think), I don’t think you’ll ever make more profit through a system then you will by actually knowing your horses.

On the plus side – Your system might pick a horse that completes the race distance in the fastest time, therefore being the most likely winner.

On the negative side – Somebody might know that this particular horse, for whatever reason, isn’t as likely to win the race as it seems. (i,e the horse is much older/heavier than it’s last run or whatever)

Thoughts? Agree/disagree?

I’m interested to know people’s opinions.

Today, I had a treble on
    Dawn Approach
    Windhoek
    Moment in Time

I picked these horses because I have been following them (or they recently caught my attention and I have researched a bit more) however a system that my friend uses, had different horses. All 3 won.

There’s a bloke who come’s into my local Coral, he’s about 60. The amount of winners he picks is unreal, he’d be a millionaire if he ever staked more than 20p! For example, He took a quick look at the 2:05 Sandown last saturday, and tipped Stopped Out at 22/1, so I chucked a tenner of my profit for that day on it, and it only came in! Against a strong favourite too. And he uses no system, just knowledge of a sport that he loves.

May seem like a pointless thread, it’s just intriguing to me.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.