The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Breeders Cup Mile 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Breeders Cup Mile 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2370

Siskin 10/1

Got a £10 free bet to chuck away and came down on this

If we get good ground at goodwood then I expect him to win and hope that this will be his main target for the end of the season

He seems to be very ground dependent as cut blunts his blistering turn of foot

So avoiding the autumn European ground and aiming for the quick ground and sharp mile in a breeders cup just seems logical

And with the owner winning this with expert eye in 2018 theres hope it may happen

Istabraq
    Participant
    • Total Posts 296

4 year olds only have to give 3 pounds to the 3 year olds in this race so its hard to see siskin reversing the form for this race, for me

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2370

Depends how much Siskin improves between then and now I guess

Youd fancy either of them against pinatubo or the American horses

mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 684

Exactly. If Circus Maximus gets a better draw and witchita can pull him to the two furlong pole then he’ll be hard to catch.lope y Fernandez I think over a sharp mile will be thereabouts and I suspect Kameko will be the best of the three year olds. Remember romanised too and we could have the best mile race this century.

Clints
    Participant
    • Total Posts 192
    mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 684

I hope they send Wichita. On the sharp track will take some stopping.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1312

Itching to back Kameko! Arh! I really couldn’t be more than 50/50 on whether he goes or not though. I’m sure AB really wants him at Ascot.

Really frustrating news about Pinatubo, annoyed at Godolphin for not taking him to America. Bad for the sport not to, presumably based purely on breeding financial risk/reward. Big shame. Can’t really blame them if that’s the case just tough to take for racing fans

botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3990

I hope they send Wichita. On the sharp track will take some stopping.

He is in quarantine in Australia being aimed at a couple of races down there Mickeyjp

mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 684

Missed that. Ta.

Clints
    Participant
    • Total Posts 192

Wichita fractured his right hind leg whilst doing some trackwork in Aus and needs surgery, so I wouldnt be surprised if he gets retired.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1312

Looks like he’s in…..

Kameko 5/1

Mike987654
    Participant
    • Total Posts 330

Kameko is heading here after being ruled out of the QE11 because of the ground. 5/1 hills best price.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2370

Siskin is being trained for this

But

“It has been lovely ground at Keeneland, but I got a video through yesterday of torrential rain. I worked in Keeneland so I’ll have to touch base. I wouldn’t like to see him over there on soft ground,” said Lyons.

Could be a massive negative for both him and kameko

Clints
    Participant
    • Total Posts 192

Not necessarily relevant to this specific post but not sure where else to put it (not a retirement as such).

Wichita sadly passed away after complications with his surgery to fix his latest injury.

https://amp.theage.com.au/sport/racing/horse-euthanised-after-trackwork-injury-at-werribee-20201025-p568fz.html?__twitter_impression=true

mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 684

Terrible sad news. Tough horse who was hard to beat on good ground. Not a good start to the week.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.