The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Bravest racehorse of all time

Home Forums Horse Racing Bravest racehorse of all time

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Kotkijet
    • Total Posts 226

Hi everybody

After making my first post in the racing section of this forum for something like a year, I got a pretty good kick out of it and I feel like some more. Anyways, this isn’t about me….it’s about the racing.

I can only vouch for my time though there has been some good examples of warriors in the shapes of Persian Punch, Dessie and Giants Causeway. But for mememe, it has to be Tiznow.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 438

Viking Flagship: heart as big as himself.

Kotkijet
    • Total Posts 226

Good shout yquem21

Him, Deep Sensation and Travado gutting each other at Cheltenham is pretty much what got me into racing in the first place. If only Remittance Man had stood up!

(and had Baydon Star bothered to stay alive!)

Edit=Pretty bad taste above since as well as it not being very relevant as he was a novice that season (a grade 2er at best on balance) I really shouldn’t use a horses death to emphasize a point. Even if Jair Du Cochet would have won every Gold Cup between and including 2004 and 2007, with Kauto Star winning it next year as he will be at his peak at that time

Oh yeah, since I’m editing, I should mention Tiznow’s 2nd epic with Sakhee…. one of the very few to make Sinndar look like a horse rather than Pegasus!

(Edited by Kotkijet at 1:51 am on May 12, 2007)

empty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Never saw him run bad race, you knew if you backed him  he’d try his hardest  even when conditions were against him

<br>A warrior and a punters pal

<br>Hope Flints enjoying his retirement :cool:

jonny33
    • Total Posts 51

what about red rum?

betlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2676

Oh come on, showing my age but it has to be…

…Willie Wumpkins!!!

Mike

johnt4124
    • Total Posts 36

Persian Punch for me. His 3 short head victories in 2003 at the age of ten were incredible. In each case he had been passed and looking beaten having been under pressure from over half a mile out yet fought back to get up on the line.

Most of the other horses talked about were better ability wise, but for sheer courage give me Persian Punch!<br>

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4812

Desert Orchid in the ’89 Gold Cup.  Off the bridle 4 out but battled all the way up the hill on ground he clearly hated.  Marvellous stuff!

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

Agree with a lot of these, but Giant’s Causeway & Dessie stand out for me. GC used to HATE letting another horse past him. If ever I were to show a non-racing fan that the horses do indeed know they’re racing each other, I’d use him as an example. And Dessie stood out as a front-runner who could be headed and get back up.

Aside: Jair du Cochet winning 4 GC’s? Behave yourself! He might have won it in ’06, but that’s it. Matey, KK & KS are three stand-out animals, JdC was just very good. If there was ever a young horse taken from us before dominating Cheltenham it was Gloria Victis.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

I had Persian Punch down as ungenuine rather than tough.

jonny33
    • Total Posts 51

ungenuine, david johnson, are you for real?

betlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2676

I had Persian Punch down as ungenuine rather than tough.

<br>Errm…

Mike

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Obviously no one has heard of Humorist…..

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

You’re in fine form this morning TDK :biggrin:

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

…not just his connections he managed to take the p**s out of, TDK…:biggrin:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.