The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

International Hurdle 2006

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion International Hurdle 2006

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    dave 22
    • Total Posts 339

Does anyone know where i can find the entries for the Boylesport International Hurdle race? I read Jessica Harrington hadnt entered Macs Joy in the race, so im assuming the entries must be closed. At this stage it seems like all the irish stars are steering clear of the race which seems a shame.

Venusian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

Please could you edit the thread title to read "Bula Hurdle"?

Thanks.

dave 22
    • Total Posts 339

Haha. Unfortunatly not! doesnt quite sound as good as the Bula hurdle though does it!

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3106

<br>The Bula Hurdle is a normal five day entry race, so entries will be made next Monday, Dec 4th. That’s unusual for such a valuable race, but of course it wasn’t quite such a big prize when the Program Book was published.

AP

dave 22
    • Total Posts 339

ok, thanks. i think im going to be dissapointed with the entries next monday then! No brave inca, harchibald, Macs joy, Iktitaf, Asian maze or feathard lady. English side looks weak too with straw bear going to kempton. i bet the Detroit city camp are happy! although it wouldnt supprise me if Black jack ketchum was dropped in distance for the race.

dave 22
    • Total Posts 339

this could be a very good race between hardy eustace and detroit city. hardy looked back to his best at ascot and has clearly got over last year. the race has been reopened but i cant see anything being entered that can upset these 2, providing asian maze, al eile and brave inca stay in ireland.

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

I hate to be boring but the prices look about right to me. Detroit City gets a few pounds and I expect it to win but I won’t be taking 4/7. I’m just a bit concerned as to whether Hardy Eustace’s victory last time is as good as people say it is.

Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

Member Dave 22 pointed something out earlier about a mini-slump in form of the Hobbs horses.

He’s had one winner from 20 runners this week, including eight horses beaten at less than 5/1.  Manhattan Boy disappointed the market today, (burst BV a possible excuse).as did his nicely backed novice hurdler in the last.

This might mean nothing tomorrow – Fair Along did the business in some style last week – but I wouldn’t be ringing Ocean Finance for a 24 hour seven grand to put on this one.  

And Hardy Eustace has been there and done it time and time again. Tough as old boots.

4/7? Nah. Not for me. There are plenty of odds on shots to choose from tomorrow, if you’re that way inclined.

But good luck.;)

empty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Sorry, but if Detroit City is a 4-7 shot and  Hardy Eustance is a 2-1 shot, i’m eat my hat

DC has it ALL to prove against top class horses like Hardy Eustace, Hardy has to prove nothing, he’s been there got the t-shirt etc, ground not a problem , in fact the ground should suit HE more by making the race more of test

<br>

(Edited by empty wallet at 10:59 pm on Dec. 8, 2006)

The Market Man
    • Total Posts 396

Ground looks very soft. If Detroit City handles it I expect him to make all and win comfortably.

empty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

Only way DC wins comfortably is if Hardy Eustace ain’t in the same form as LTO or HE falls imhaho

Venusian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

Ferfuxake, why can’t posters refer to this race by its correct name?!

empty wallet
    • Total Posts 1631

That is it’s correct title Venusian

Move with the times m8:)

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Regarding the race name, what’s the point of naming a race after a famous horse if they are just going to sell out a few years later. Surely it makes no difference to boylesports if the race is called the boylesports Bula Hurdle or whatever.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

Imo Hardy Eustace is far more likely to be inconvenienced by soft ground than Detroit City. He has been plenty of times in the past, whereas DC ran his best race lto on genuinely soft ground, despite what the formbook tells us.<br> I can see it becoming another procession tomorrow, with could result in DC becoming a much shorter price for the Champion Hdl than the form would actually warrant.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.