The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Bob's Buster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Wins on the bridle at Wetherby. Could this fella make into a Champion Chase contender yet?

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

…except this was a race over 3m1f.

You read that right, folks – "Bob’s Burster", as we used to dub him before he got his bloodvessel problems sorted out, was somehow cajoaled by Kenny Johnson to his first ever win beyond 2m1f.

It was the, um, always engaging Joe Haywood who used to display the assertion – "Bob’s Buster – Champion Chase Winner" proudly as his signature. Clearly after this performance he needs to change that to read "Cheltenham Gold Cup winner". :biggrin:

Jeremy<br>(graysonscolumn)<br>

(Edited by graysonscolumn at 9:38 pm on Oct. 27, 2006)

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

non vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

In that case I wonder if O.J.Carter has any training vacancies just now?

Actually BB did me a big favour in the placepot (had the other placed horse), and he seems genuine enough, so I shouldn’t mock!!!

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

He fancied it enough under a super rider today, NV. However, like the "lark’s vomit" warning on boxes of the Whizzo Luxury Chocolate Assortment in Monty Python, BB is usually best thought of as bearing a big, red label containing the legend – WARNING: MOST LIKELY TO FIND TWO THIRDS OF BUGGER ALL OFF THE BRIDLE.

Tom O’Ryan stated straight after the race that BB is not guaranteed to repeat the dose next time, and that’s the biggest understatement committed to tape on any racing channel so far this week.

Jeremy<br>(graysonscolumn)<br>

(Edited by graysonscolumn at 10:37 pm on Oct. 27, 2006)

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.