The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Big Races Existing Threads

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Big Races Existing Threads

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 15015

In the current absence of a merge function on here, thought it might be worthwhile keeping a list of future races, which already have a thread, and aren’t on Page One.

Will save any duplication, and save me getting abuse (hopefully) when I delete the new one.

I’ll keep this up to date regularly, as Page One changes.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12998

This is a really useful thread because, really, truly, honestly, I never deliberately duplicate a thread – worst I’m ever guilty of is being a bit lazy and not wanting to keep scrolling back looking to see if a thread already exists.

I also try to follow the what I perceive to be excellent naming convention of not using sponsors names unless vital to identify the race and adding the year as the suffix to differentiate it from previous renewals.

It takes me back to my old newspaper production days and is a bugbear of mine – for example, the name of the big race at York in August is the International Stakes, Juddmonte are merely the sponsor.

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/
    It's the "Millwall FC" of Point broadcasts: "No One Likes Us - We Don't Care"

• Total Posts 15015

Yeah, thought it worth a go, though I never thought for a minute that anyone started the duplicates on purpose.

In fact I deliberately waited to do this when there hadn’t been any for a good few weeks, so it didn’t look as if it was a reaction to someone doing it.

Just trying to keep things tidy, and avoid having to offend when I have to hit delete.

• Total Posts 15015

Updated 16th October

These Races on Page 2

1000 Guineas
    Derby
    Commonwealth Cup

Just a reminder/heads up, as per the recent Forum Changes threads, we’ll keep this section for threads dedicated to Big Races only.

Also can we please stop puting up Antepost Prices that are long gone, especially when a thread has been open for a while.

Any threads for Meetings, Undercards, Races which are Class 4 and below, related markets etc, will move automatically to the Betting Forum below. Exception currently made for Punchestown Festival.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.