The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

BetFred – Does It Get More Pathetic?

Home Forums Horse Racing BetFred – Does It Get More Pathetic?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4518

Phoned up today requesting an ante-post price for the Albert Bartlett and was told couldn’t give a price until the entries were out.

What on earth do odds compilers do?

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26575

Who is the horse Stilvi?

value is everything
    stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4518

Harry Topper

Participant
    • Total Posts 26575

Sometimes Stilvi, a bookmaker will not give a price if they know the race is not a target. William Hill have told me in the past "we are not giving a price on that one sir, as the horse is highly unlikely to run. It’s interesting Harry Topper is not quoted on Oddschecker by any bookmaker, despite winning today.

Alternatively… Don’t know what time you tried to bet Stilvi, may be their odds compilers were working on something / watching something else, other than Wincanton, so are yet to see how Harry won today. Try again later.

value is everything
    KINGFISHERKINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1511

Sometimes Stilvi, a bookmaker will not give a price if they know the race is not a target. William Hill have told me in the past "we are not giving a price on that one sir, as the horse is highly unlikely to run.

You are having a laugh there Ginge? Bookmakers love to price up a horse they think wont run,its money in their pockets.William Hill gave me 50/1 about

Albertas run

winning the 2012 Grand National 2 years ago.Corals gave me 66/1 about

Calgary Bay

winning the 2011 Gold cup 2 years before the race too,i think i put that one up on here! :oops:

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4518

I think you are being very generous to the odds compilers. The race did not clash so no excuse for not seeing it. Racing is not my profession and I could have given the horse a quote the moment it passed the line. Let’s be honest nobody knows the entries for Cheltenham and the Albert Bartlett is more about speculation than many of the other events. I nearly rang for a quote after Uttoxeter, that would probably have been even more difficult. As it happens I managed to get a few quotes today, the best of which was 25/1. Needless to say I declined the offer.

KINGFISHERKINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1511

Stilvi,25/1’s what you’d get on the day if the field stands as it is for the Albert Bartlett but they will all be running for 2nd place if

Sea of Thunder

turns up anyway! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 26575

You are having a laugh there Ginge? Bookmakers love to price up a horse they think wont run,its money in their pockets.William Hill gave me 50/1 about

Albertas run

winning the 2012 Grand National 2 years ago.Corals gave me 66/1 about

Calgary Bay

winning the 2011 Gold cup 2 years before the race too,i think i put that one up on here! :oops:

I am not talking about when there is a 25% or even 10% chance of the horse running Gord. Of course they will offer prices on them.

If you look at Oddschecker for the Champion Hurdle:
    Every other bookmaker bar Tote/Done is offering prices for Oscar Whiskey, varying between 20/1 to 9/1. Yet he’s almost 50/1 on betfair and obviously far more likely to run in the Stayers Hurdle.

Fred Done / Tote are not yet offering prices for Al Ferof in the Champion Chase either. So may be they’re just slow in pricing up when there might be question mark about running.

value is everything
    Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17518

stilvi,

just so you know, I put a Mug 31 on for Cheltenham this morning with Bet 365. 3 of them weren’t quoted, but they gave me a price for them anyway. They even advised me that my Gold Cup selection was highly unlikely to run, which they didn’t have to do.

Couldn’t hurt to give them a bell if you really want on. Good luck.

deltaman
    • Total Posts 190

There are no odds yet for the 1:15 from France
    Hardly Anti-post!! :evil:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.