Betfair Stayers Hurdle 2019

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Betfair Stayers Hurdle 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16555

Always a decent field here, and more often than not, a decent winner too….

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/23/haydock/2019-11-23/742313

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/national-hunt/betfair-best-odds-on-itv-races-stayers-handicap-hurdle/winner

I’m hopeful of a big year for Geordie B, and he’s my idea of the winner at the moment. On what’s he’s achieved you could say 10’s is short enough, but I think he’s promising enough, and there’s a chance that that price could disappear this afternoon.

Others on the shortlist…..

Top Notch 20’s
    Lil Rockerfeller 25’s
    Sykes 33’s
    Man of Plenty 66’s

Red Rum 77Red Rum 77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1257

Got my eye on a few here.

ACEY MILAN best odds 16/1

Had a wind op and usually contesting races of 2.5 miles. His only attempt at 3 miles he was one paced back in 8th.

ASK BEN best odds 25/1

First run of season, more use to trips around 3 miles and ground ranging from Good to Soft, this according to Graeme McPherson is one of his early targets. Might be outclassed in Graded Company though.

GEORDIE B best odds 10/1

The race earlier in the week (7th November) wasn’t ran to suit him, and Timeform’s opinion is that Chasing would suit him better but likes soft going and should improve for the run.

HIGHLAND HUNTER best odds 16/1
    First run of season. Timeform’s opinion is he’ll make a chaser, is proven over 3 miles and still potentially well treated.

REMASTERED best odds 20/1

Ridden too fast on his opening ride. Suited by soft going and 3 miles.

THE WOLF best odds 20/1

Untried at 3 miles, won easy for first time out for new trainer Oily Murphy, all his races have been around 2.5 miles.

All Jeff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 124

I think that it’s easy to see why Lisnagar Oscar is prominent in the betting here. I won’t bet on this until the week of the race, but I hope that 12-1 is still available.

I also like Tedham at 16-1.

• Total Posts 16555

Pleased I waited, as Geordie B doesn’t go now. He was the certainly at the head of the shortlist, along with Top Notch, who is also absent.

No money down yet, but shortlist currently….

Ask Ben 14’s
    Lil Rockerfeller 25’s
    Man of Plenty 50’s

EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 135

I’m with RedRum :-) , I like Ask Ben in this one. I think he’ll run well and I see he’s been backed down to 10/1!

• Total Posts 16555

Final field declared.

Slight change of plan for me and I’m going with Tedham, along with Man Of Plenty.

I still really like Ask Ben, but this isn’t a race where I could justify betting three.

Not a race to go mad on anyway, as I’m not that strong on the pair I’ve settled on.

Tedham has looked fairly threatening without following up, but I’d give him a chance here at 10’s, for all I’m waiting to see if I can get bigger.

Man of Plenty currently 66’s, but I’ll watch the market with him too, as I’d like that 66’s to maximum places.

KevMcKevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1157

Flash The Steel 14/1

Form on his first start of the season beating Champagne Court looks strong, that horse has won twice since although both over fences TBH. FTS is bred to very much appreciate this step up to 3 miles and although the jockey has reduced my optimism slightly (BA has won a few big handicaps so i could be being a bit harsh), the 14/1 more than makes up for it.

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6275

I fancy Potters Corner a fair bit for the Welsh National, and backed him at
    40/1. He was a bit unlucky in both the Eider and the Somerset national when he came down late
    on in both with every chance. He won the Midlands national back in March and was pulled up at
    Aintree a couple of weeks back after a 6 month break. I know this might be on the sharp side,
    and it may be a prep for the Welsh Nat, but he did win over this distance last back end at Wincanton.
    I was going to just watch and see how he gets on, but 66/1 6 places with Paddy Power was just too tempting. He’ll be running on when others are flagging and is a decent E/W shout.

raymo61raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4623

Am on EIGHT AND BOB 11/1 five places and ECHIQUIER 25/1 five places.

Eight and Bob is a pretty rare Mullins hose in a handicap over here and looked like a thorough stayer LTO and the french horse could be anything or nothing bu on its Hexham run could easily outrun its price!

:good: :good:

EuroalienEuroalien
    Participant
    • Total Posts 135

I like Tedham and Ask Ben – think they’ll both go well.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2369

Acey milan for me

DBRDBRDBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 381

I like Acey Milan for this, but his price shortened a lot. So I’ll go for Sirobbie at 20/1 EW. He is a young improving horse (5 years old) and has been winning since stepping up trip. He won a decent class 2 race last time at Uttoxer with a bit in hand. If he keeps improving he should be a least a decent EW shot.

Sirobbie 20/1 EW 6 places.

• Total Posts 16555

I’ve taken the money and ran here.

I’ve laid Tedham for profit before the off, and that’ll do for me.

Lots of chopping and changing for me, and could still go with half of them, so just made sense, so I’ll sit back and enjoy.

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 21287

I’m on the same two as Raymo61
    both look very fair prices

Member since March 2008
    All Jeff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 124

If I was starting again I would be the same Nathan, but I’ve already bet Lisnagar Oscar on Monday.

I’m happy with the bigger odds, but I’d rather be with Eight and Bob and Echiquier ew. I’m not betting both of them, so I will just add Echiquier ew at 25-1 with 6 places in it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.