The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Betfair Exchange Trophy 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Betfair Exchange Trophy 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17303

I had one in mind for this long term, but then I clocked the Henderson entries….

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/2/ascot/2020-12-19/771814

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/national-hunt/betfair-exchange-trophy/winner

He’s got an incredibly strong team with….

Allart
    Buzz
    Call Me Lord
    Fix Sun
    Marie’s Rock
    Mister Coffey
    Time Flies By
    Verdana Blue

That would be some race on it’s own, but it’s obviously unlikely that they’ll all trap here.

Buzz was dynamite here last time. Can’t argue with him being head of the market. An eleven pound rise here makes life tougher, but he looked as if he could cope, and think he could step out of this company in time.

Mister Coffey was outstanding last time too, and off his current mark, I reckon his price of 10’s looks generous.

The two I also like though, are Allart and Time Flies By. I’m very interested in this pair long term, could see them being regulars of mine, and if the 14’s holds, that support could start sooner than I thought.

Away from the Seven Barrows mob, I also like this quartet….

Harambe – Very reliable type, who should run his race. Beaten when falling in The Greatwood, but he had ran a solid race up till then. Down another pound for that, and every chance here if his last two spills haven’t had an adverse affect.

Malaya – My long term fancy for this. She looks the type that Nicholls does do well with, and I thought there was loads to like about her run here last time. She should be able to build on that, and she’s a cracking price, but I just worry they’ve a nice mares race in mind for her. Very risky at this stage, so I’ll wait for now.

Night Edition – I’ve been waiting to see where he reappears, and though I didn’t pencil this in for him, in hindsight it looks a good choice. I’d suspect he’s ahead of his mark, and 16’s is appealing.

Proschema – This is the division where I’m most interested in Skelton horses, and Proschema looks the type they’ll have some fun with. Flopped big time in The Greatwood, but market support suggested there’s more to come.

Long term, I’m really hopeful about Allart and Time Flies By, so they go on to the shortlist, with stablemate Mister Coffey, and a three of the quartet mentioned.

Shortlist
    Allart 14’s
    Malaya 20’s
    Mister Coffey 10’s
    Night Edition 16’s
    Proschema 20’s
    Time Flies By 14’s

Can’t have a bet just now, with a shortlist like that, but right now, if I had to, I’d go with my long term hope….

Malaya 20’s

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17303

I know that he’s popular on here, so for info, in case anyone was considering an early bet, Edwardstone has an entry in a Novice Chase next week.

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 92

Yeah i’m with you on Allart, VtC. He’s one i’m hoping may even progress into a champion hurdler, although i was disappointed to hear that chasing is mooted for him at some stage. Must every horse be sent over fences these days?..

His run in the Supreme was very encouraging considering he looked raw in all of his previous starts and he should be an even better horse this year. I’d rate him considerably higher than Edwardstone.

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1747

Kicking myself I didn’t get stuck into Benson before today at 25s, instead just having a few quid on him today. Had tons more left than the manner of today’s victory suggested, and barring an unlikely spanking from the handicapper, I can’t imagine they’ve got to the bottom of him yet.

Had a good bet post-race at 12s, better late than never :unsure:

@TomBarkley87

buckers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 574

I will have have two early bets in this.

The first one I like is Proschema at 20-1. He’s my win bet. I think that the market support in The Greatwood that Venture mentioned, was noteworthy. I think that we will see a different horse here.

Talking of The Greatwood, I bet Not So Sleepy + although I don’t have to explain what happened with him after he didn’t run at Cheltenham, I think that he is a possible here at 25-1. It would only be a small ew bet just now, but I do like the horse. He is certainly quirky though.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17303

Happy to see no other entries for Malaya, and I’ll definitely be betting her.

I might split stakes three ways here, but I’ll watch how the market goes with this trio….

Harambe
    Malaya
    Time Flies By

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17303

I took 16’s for Malaya, and I’m fairly hopeful she’ll come here, while the price for Harambe was too good to refuse. The price for Harambe is still available, which makes me think he isn’t going.

Trying to keep it to one horse per race for Antepost purposes just now, but I thought those prices made it worth the risk.

I’d have no problem having three in a race like this, and as those are just early plays above, I’ll be topping up anyway, and I do want to have a few quid on Time Flies By

Harambe 25’s EW
    Malaya 16’s

Coneycard
    Participant
    • Total Posts 35

Hi VtC, where is the 25s still available for Harambe? I have also bet him for this (but didn’t get 25s!) so it seemed like bad news that he was available at that again. I’ve looked on Oddschecker and can only see best price of 16s, with a couple of lesser-known bookies actually trimming him to 11s earlier today.

Thanks!

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17303

It’s with Corals mate

Edit……sorry Coney, they’ve slashed it now

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2941

Bobby he goes according to King in Weekender.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17303

Aah, that’s why it’s been cut then, Cheers Jack, that’s encouraging.

Coneycard
    Participant
    • Total Posts 35

Thanks both, good news. Betfair are still 16s with boost available if anyone wants 18s and five places at this stage.

Lemons68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 466

Two for me. Belfast Banter looks like a very interesting one, a fairly unexposed type, and I’ll also bet Night Edition.

Both will be to win, and I’ll take the early prices, but I’m just waiting to see how the markets are priced up. I’m hoping for around 16-1 for both.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17303

I like Night Edition Mark, definitely one to keep an eye on.

I’d have considered him another day, but with my pair declared, along with Time Flies By, who I’m also itching to bet, I might have to stick with the two.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4823

I’ve got 10 within 7lbs here and the bottom three worry me as they are lightly raced with no handicap form. It’s basically this week’s version of equine bingo, but my top is OAKLEY (12/1) who has solid form in this sort of company and won’t be inconvenienced by track or likely testing going. Hinted first time up that he’s in the sort of form that saw him go close a couple of times back end of 2019.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.