Betfair Chase 2019

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Betfair Chase 2019

• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 1 day ago by KevMcKevMc.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16078

Market up now…

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/national-hunt/betfair-chase/winner

Hardly a surprise to see Bristol De Mai at the head of the market here, and it would be a brave man who fights him off for this.

Lostintranslation should have a huge season ahead of him, this is the plan, and I can see why he’s so short.

This is a race where I’ve never had a big bet, usually a race to enjoy, but I was hoping that Frodon would be bigger than 5’s. I was going to bet him, in the hope that this would set him up for Kempton, but if he stays at that price, I’ll be willing him on without a bet. Need a big run from him here to have any hope.

Can’t remember the last time, if ever, the three horses I liked, occupied the first three slots in the betting, so unusual territory for me.

I’ll no doubt bet one of the rags.

Red Rum 77Red Rum 77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1185

No doubt that if Potato wasn’t blocked he’ll turn the thread about Elegant Escapes but I think Delta Works looks interesting. Going to wait for the card to come out on racing post before seriously considering this race. :good:

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 794

Frodon would be the one for me

Looks no value in his price at this stage though

Probably because nicholls has confirmed it’s his target

steeplechasingsteeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5734

Regulars will know I think Bristol De Mai is a superstar, but I’d much sooner take 25s Elegant Escape EW than 2s the grey 6 weeks ahead of the race. But Tizzard won’t decide on the betfair for Elegant Escape until after the Charlie Hall, according to his stable tour, whereas he has Lostintranslation earmarked for Haydock already. A heavy ground Betfair would be the last place for a solid Gold Cup contender – beaten both runs on heavy, and the last thing he’ll want is being gutted on his first run of the season.

Elegant Escape in a heavy ground Betfair would be a cast iron EW nap. The Charlie Hall looks a chancy choice; the ground has been soft on only 5 occasions since 1997 – better ground on all other runnings.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

Ex RubyLightEx RubyLight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1267

Great thread as usual for a great race. Does anyone know how Sizing Tennessee is being campaigned this season? Still a lightly raced horse for an 11-year old with a great record at trips between 3m and 3m2f.

Don’t think he’ll go the Betfair route, but with a horse rated 164, where do you go with it at all?

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2541

Unless last season has done bad things to his wind as well as whatever problem he had at Aintree that made him jump so miserably badly. Poor horse should have been pulled up.

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16078
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5565

FRODON 6/1 Will improve for that debut run of course be hard but got pace as well think can win

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8730

I don’t make many comments on NH races as not as knowledgable about the jumps horses and their form being a flat racing fanatic. However I do love seeing these wonderful old favourites come back year after year and Bristol de Mai is in my books a rising star getting better each year. Still only 8 years old he seems to have been on the scene forever and on Saturday I would just love him to bloom to superstar status and win the Betfair and doing so join the ranks of the great Kauto Star and Cue Card in winning this race more than twice .

I’m not having a bet just watching and hoping that he wins but most of all that he comes home safe. :heart: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 794

Very little rain forecast this week

Be interesting to see what the ground is like, the better the ground the better the chances for the speed horses lostintranslation and frodon

On soft or worse it would take something top class to beat bristol de mai

Illavim
    Participant
    • Total Posts 46

Disappointing there are so few runners, but hoping to see Lostintranslation proving he is a real Gold Cup contender.

KevMcKevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1109

Lostintranslation 15/8

I was very iffy about that JLT form in the GC thread, but now that form appears to be very hot i have had to reconsider my opinion on Lostintranslation for all i don’t fancy him for the KG or GC. BDM for me is a slogger in general, so with the ground looking no worse than soft i have to take him on with what i believe is a better, faster horse.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.