The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Badger Ales 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Badger Ales 2020

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16271

Five Day Decs……

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/90/wincanton/2020-11-07/768258

I’ll almost certainly go with two Antepost here……

Danny Whizzbang looks the progressive type that Nicholls usually sends here, while the penultimate run of Tizzards Sizing at Midnight put him straight in the notebook for this.

They’re the two that jump out, though Sumkindofking looks interesting off 5lbs lower than last year.

Danny Whizzbang
    Sizing at Midnight

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16271

Market up…..

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/national-hunt/badger-beers-silver-trophy-handicap-chase/winner

You can get 7’s for Danny Whizzbang with Corals, but his entry at Sandown on Sunday rules out any potential Antepost.

I wrongly thought that Present Man has been given a bigger hike for his Chepstow win, but it’s only 2lbs, and that puts him in the picture. He’s best 13-2 now, so like his stablemate, I’m happy to leave till Final Decs now.

Put the brakes on an Antepost altogether at moment, as I thought that Sizing at Midnight would be bigger, though I’ll watch market with him.

No bet for now.

Silver Spoon
    Participant
    • Total Posts 116

Two win selections for me in this. Potterman and Danny Whizzbang

TheTinMan87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 153

It’ll be two win only for me as well, not terribly original but Danny Whizzbang did impress me in the Reynoldstown Chase, he jumped and travelled at least as well as Copperhead and looked a much better horse than he had in his first two starts over fences, presumably emptied out due to his wind which has been tweaked. He is still very inexperienced but then in fairness so are a lot of these its quite a novicey field bar a couple.

The other one is Just A Sting who was maybe the 2nd best horse in last years race bar a few mistakes late on, is on a competitive mark on that run and his Kempton win and goes well fresh.

All Jeff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 299

Good luck with Danny Whizzbang lads. I wanted to side with him, but in the end I went with two outsiders.

Irish Prophecy looks a big price to me at 25-1, while at 18-1, Kitty’s Light represents a combo I really like, and they’ve being doing well with this horse.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2712

Nicholls said he needs to get a run into DW before the Ladbrokes Trophy. Backed him for that at 14s and will just watch this one.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16271

Finally came down on two here.

I was hoping for 13-2 Present Man, so pleased to see I can get 7’s right now. He’s drifting right now, so I’ll hopefully beat that.

Sizing at Midnight is also drifting, so I’ll leave him right now as well, but those are the bets.

It’ll be tough if Danny Whizzbang wins, but at around 9-2, I can handle that.

Present Man
    Sizing at Midnight EW 5 Places

DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 560

Some Chaos at 16/1 EW for me. He got good course form, ran two good races in the past month and he gets his ground.

peter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1325

Kitty’s Light could have any level of improvement in him and stays very well. A very big price I’m happy to have a go on.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 986

Kitty light got a monster amount of weight from Tizzards horse last time out so there’s work to do even there , this is present man’s GC so played him , I like Danny WhizzBang but worry about the ground , also value in cobra de mai,s and played him e.w , good luck all

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3807

Hard luck Silver just chinned. Great run from Potterman and the winner. Hope the fallers all ok

Silver Spoon
    Participant
    • Total Posts 116

Thanks Greenasgrass, I thought I had it there for a moment.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.