The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ayr – Tuesday 3rd January

Home Forums Archive Topics TRF Group – Outlaw Tom & The Village Ayr – Tuesday 3rd January

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    robnorthrobnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4563

Outlaw Tom is entered in the 3m 1f handicap chase and I understand the intention is to declare him. A note of caution is that the going is currently Heavy (Soft in places), snow forecast overnight tonight and then more rain from Mnoday into Tuesday. That could have a bearing on whether or not the meeting goes ahead, and conceivably whether or not Tom takes his chance.

Rob

robnorthrobnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4563

The meeting goes ahead with the ground now Heavy, showers and strong winds forecast. Decision to be made on whther Tom runs once Lucinda gets to the course.

From my point of view there’s a red warning out for high winds in Central Scotland. Too risky for me to travel at the moment, and I suspect the meeting will be in doubt because of the winds, so might have to give this one a miss.

Rob

robnorthrobnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4563

Outlaw Tom is a non-runner. The box turned back due to ridiculously strong winds which made it too dangerous to travel.

Alternative engagement is a 3m handicap hurdle at Newcastle on Saturday. It’s a 0-135, but the entry doesn’t look strong (14 entered* and top rated only 127) so Tom may well take his chance.

Paul Brierley tells me he’s frustrated at the moment as the future racing programme is only coming out in a trickle and opportunities, particularly in staying chases, are few and far between. Catterick for the North Yorkshire National was a possible, but the opinion seems to be that the course will not suit out gelding.

Rob

* 14 entered if you read the Racing Post site, 30 if you look at the Sporting Life site!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.