The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Attheraces Camera work

Home Forums Horse Racing Attheraces Camera work

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    thewexfordman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1200

I’m just watching the first race from fairyhouse here. The camera work is absolutely awful. Looks like they only have one camera to cover the whole course

Participant
    • Total Posts 784

Yes, they often just show the runners behinds over a fence! The quality is awful sometimes on their coverage, looks like it’s been filmed on an old mobile phone.
    Swings and roundabouts! Some of the comments are a bit better than Channel 4 and Channel 4 say it’s DD and some of their coverage is from ATR, initially had me moaning about my HD TV!

Participant
    • Total Posts 525

ATR’s coverage is absolutely dire full stop. They are levels behind Racing UK. The Sunday Forum and Ask The Handicapper are the only things worth tuning in for.

ATR have had the same graphics for what seems like decades also. CHANGE THEM FFS!

thewexfordman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1200

I actually like the ATR graphics its just the camera work. The problem with racing uk is they spend ages reviewing a race instead of looking to the next race. They replay finishes 7/8 times. But anyway camerawork is awful on ATR particularly in Ireland

droffats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 611

I though they got the pictures from SIS and the Irsih equivalent so not really their fault.
    However compare that with C4 coverage which to me is absolutely dire and why Racing UK use them when they are televising is beyond me.
    I absolutely hate those close ups when you can’t see the whole field. In one race today you only saw the leader jump the race and none of the others.
    Personally I can’t wait for the day when they stop broadcasting and stop those stupid close ups.

steveh31
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1927

ATR don’t do the Irish Racing Pictures :scratch: They use the feed from the Irish coverage which is why Dessie never speaks to the presenter.

I can’t believe people think ATR send cameramen out to Ireland.

steveh31
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1927

ATR’s coverage is absolutely dire full stop. They are levels behind Racing UK. The Sunday Forum and Ask The Handicapper are the only things worth tuning in for.

ATR have had the same graphics for what seems like decades also. CHANGE THEM FFS!

ATR last updated their graphics in 2012 at the start of Royal Ascot when they moved to Milton Keynes which makes them not very old.

Participant
    • Total Posts 615

ATR last updated their graphics in 2012 at the start of Royal Ascot when they moved to Milton Keynes which makes them not very old.

Wish they hadn’t bothered as they’re rubbish, the previous graphics were much better.

....and you've got to look a long way back for anything else.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.