The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

ATR New Look – Booth to be dropped

Home Forums Horse Racing ATR New Look – Booth to be dropped

Viewing 13 posts - 69 through 81 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 616

You were right espmadrid. Two runnings of Fairyhouse,I didn’t bother to check if they ran Yarmouth twice,

just assumed that would be the case

It was :roll:

You can imagine how little of the other 15 meetings we’re going to see on the review during Royal Ascot next week. :evil:

....and you've got to look a long way back for anything else.

BlackGold
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1487

Well, they usually spend the first hour running Ascot in detail anyway (race, comments afterwards, etc) so that’s a given. If this is their last year to show it, they’ll probably make even more of it.

Participant
    • Total Posts 616

Could have shown Hexham today.

But no, reviews of Doncaster and Cork twice instead.

steveh31
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1927

I notice they are using the graphics with the old theme on them for Royal Ascot so obviously they have decided it isn’t worth making some new ones or editing the new theme tune on the graphics.

I get the impression this year they are so peed off with losing Ascot that they are not really trying and just starting the countdown.

Normally there would have been so much more publicity for their premier meet they all seem so lethargic and downtrodden there is no spark among the presenters for the meet this year.

Participant
    • Total Posts 616

I think they stopped trying about a year ago.

How can ATR expect to keep all their media rights when they fail to cover the racing properly.

"News" and betting plus previews and betting with general chat seem to take priority over showing the actual races.

All I want to see is each race broadcast once in full without any split screens, betting crawlers or voice overs, preferably with a full screen betting and sp graphic.

Understandably this isn’t always possible during the live coverage, which is why we used to have a full review programme.

Now that has been cut there are numerous examples of races that are never shown full screen in their entirety.

BlackGold
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1487

Here we go again, Ascot, Ascot, Ascot. No reviews of the other meetings from yesterday scheduled to be shown.

I’ve sent them the following:

You do realise I hope that some people want to watch the other meetings that were on yesterday? Racing News (Ascot), Racing Review (Ascot), Racing News (Ascot), Racing Review (Ascot), Racing News, Ascot Preview, etc, etc.

I know it’s a big meeting, but not everyone wants it shoved down their throats all day long. You have other meetings to cover/review – please do so.

Participant
    • Total Posts 616

That’s what I thought when I saw the schedule on the website which is very misleading.

Why they can’t show an accurate schedule on screen at 9.00am is another mystery.

At least we got to see Brighton and most of the Stratford races at 10.15.

Hopefully it will be Ripon and Uttoxeter tomorrow.

Going to be frustrating on Friday morning though. With 5 other meetings on Thursday we probably won’t see 3 of them. I predict there is absolutely no chance of Ffos Las being shown.

Participant
    • Total Posts 616

What an absolute mess ATR made of the review this morning. Only Wolverhampton and Roscommon shown and then an attempt at repeating them at 10.15 until they experienced "Technical difficulties".

Who was in charge of the VTR this morning, the cleaner? Actually the cleaner could probably have done a better job.

Seriously, ATR need to sort themselves out.

Participant
    • Total Posts 817

Forgot to post this one so here goes.

On Sat 29th June the Doncaster review of Mr Snoozy’s win in the previous day’s 5.20

MG Law Education & Social Care Law Handicap

was replaced with Mr Snoozy’s victory at the same track 27 days earlier in the

Ladbrokes Mobile Handicap

So, from some geek recording the edited highlights, through assitant producers, directors, and producers they missed this glaring mistake.

I dont watch the review every day but had a winnning bet in the race so wanted to watch it and so set the Sky +.

One wonders how many times they have done this in the past without anyone noticing. Shoddy doesn’t being to describe it.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2936

Who’s the guest analyst on ATR this afteroon ? Appalling. Can barely string two or three words together without repetition or a three second pause

Roberto1972
    Participant
    • Total Posts 45

The Tuesday afternoon studio guest was Newmarket trainer John Berry. Usually he is reasonably good and knows a lot about international racing. I think he was having a bad day, but working with Robert Cooper can’t be easy. Found the coverage of the sale at Lingfield (after the seller that is) especially painful!

steveh31
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1927

I just don’t get the Robert Cooper thing, is the bumbling bafoon thing an act, I see the Cooper/Ryan Moore thing is also an act we know Moore hates talking to the media but the joke between the two has lost any funnyness it had.

Watching Cooper on a quiet afternoon with one meeting and no guest is painful.

I do have to say getting Matt Chapman out onto the racecourse out of the booth/studio was a genius idea he is much better wandering around the track finding people to talk to.

After the embarrassment of his commentating period last year maybe his mid life crisis is over and he has found a new spark.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1635

Agree about the Orange One. He’s much better out on the course with people to talk to. He can be a bit irritating, but he’ll spend his time running round finding connections to interview rather than just spouting his own views, which is a plus. And no he couldn’t commentate to save his life.
    Robert Cooper is a bumbler, but I like him. He’s got personality.

Viewing 13 posts - 69 through 81 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.