Arkle

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    cheltmancheltman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 82

In the arkle they is one horse for me Un De Sceaux.. The horse travels like a dream,i can see ruby riding him from the front. in un de sceaux hurdle and chase runs it dosen’t come off the bridle this been a major plus at the festival.His jumping has been a bit sketchy that’s a worry,He made a mistake at the first last time out!.I guess with ruby ridding him from the front at least he will be out off danger!

I guess the value has gone with vautour been so dissapointing and maybe that was the time to back un de sceaux!.But with the 2 mile novice chasers been not off a great quality i can see un de sceaux going to the front come arkle day and just keep pouring it on…The only worry is the jumping.But this looks a very solid 5-2 shot imo.

milbear0milbear0
    Participant
    • Total Posts 274

Best of luck with UDS Chelt but 5/2 is not for me. The arkle is not a race you can win from the front unless he’s exceptional. UDS has fallen once, completed once and only run on soft or worse ground beating inferior horses. He’s also never raced at Cheltenham or travelled to Britain. He may go on to win but with UDS taking such a chunk out of the market with that many negatives it strikes me as perfectly formed to find one against the fav EW. I hope Gilgamboa goes this route but Vibrato Valtat may just be the answer to a forced pace.

cheltmancheltman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 82

Un de sceaux just strikes me a horse who does everything very easily.Remember willie mullins was considering having a crack at the champ hurdle with him,so he must be held in sum regard!

I just feel that the 2 miles novice chasers arent up to much this year to press.the irish saint and three kingdon form i don’t really rate.Josses hill struggled first time out over timber.

I just feel un de sceaux will be able to boss these as a novice hurdler he just gallops relentless i think he could gallop the oposistion into the ground.We will see come tuesday but it’s one off my biggest wins at the festival to press i’m very happy with him atm and looking forward to his prep run on the 25th.

Blunkett
    Participant
    • Total Posts 423

Josses Hill is declared tomorrow and Donny – hope he runs well. Although he didn’t jump that well LTO, it wasn’t a bad run and Ptit Zig has won well since. He must have been doing something right at home too as his price is almost what is was before his debut.

Still think he’s the most likely winner. UDS has too many question marks, Vautour probably won’t turn up and the rest aren’t good enough.

Gord’s punt on VV is a fair shout – there’s a better than average chance of a small field. And who knows what’s in VV’s head – he may even fancy a crack at winning the thing!

skettisketti
    • Total Posts 343

Am I the only one who thinks Vautour is now a cracking price? I am fairly confident he will run in this. THe JLT is an option but Ptit Zig and Mullins other horse VL are making that look a hot contest. This race is weaker. There has been a massive over reaction to Vautours last run. He nearly went and totally clattered the one he hit. He lost after that. I am certain the form would have been upheld but for that mistake.

8/1 about him. Monster price in what I think is a four horse race.

Shack1Shack1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 513

Am I the only one who thinks Vautour is now a cracking price? I am fairly confident he will run in this. THe JLT is an option but Ptit Zig and Mullins other horse VL are making that look a hot contest. This race is weaker. There has been a massive over reaction to Vautours last run. He nearly went and totally clattered the one he hit. He lost after that. I am certain the form would have been upheld but for that mistake.

8/1 about him. Monster price in what I think is a four horse race.

9/2 Vautour to win any race is a fair bet with Hills.
    Willie Wont-he gives us many sleepless night in the run up to the festival with these multi-choice entries !

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20958

7/2 now with Hills any race.

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    Shack1Shack1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 513

7/2 now with Hills any race.

Backed him on Friday at 9/2. Clearly my twenty quid has sent ripples through the market :)

Had the same bet on Douvan yesterday at 9/2 any race. The vibes from the yard are he’s in the same bracket as last years pair of novices…Alisio Ville is highly regarded too but obviously Ruby wont be on board so it will be interesting which way they go with him.

steeplechasingsteeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5734

Gilgamboa

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

skettisketti
    • Total Posts 343

I’ve been eying up Gilgamboa as another JLT type. I am not sure whether to back him or not. I won’t over 2miles but would struggle to avoid over further.

Shack1Shack1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 513

Gilgamboa

That’s said with some degree of certainty SC ! :)

steeplechasingsteeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5734

Gilgamboa

That’s said with some degree of certainty SC ! :)

:D Why waste words?

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

MarkTTMarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2629

Josses Hill is declared tomorrow and Donny – hope he runs well. Although he didn’t jump that well LTO, it wasn’t a bad run and Ptit Zig has won well since. He must have been doing something right at home too as his price is almost what is was before his debut.

Still think he’s the most likely winner. UDS has too many question marks, Vautour probably won’t turn up and the rest aren’t good enough.

Gord’s punt on VV is a fair shout – there’s a better than average chance of a small field. And who knows what’s in VV’s head – he may even fancy a crack at winning the thing!

Ptit Zig is just an underrated horse, just as Conti was prior to his first Betfred win. Josses Hill lost little in defeat, in my opinion, and the jumping errors were exaggerated on RUK during and after the race.

I reckon Ptit Zig is excellent value even at 11-2 for the JLT, although i see he’s shortened up in recent days.

cheltmancheltman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 82

What was peoples thoughts on josses hill’s arkle trial today?.I thought jumped sketchy stayed on well as he always does!…i can see JH staying on well in the arkle and getting placed but think he could get too far behind!.

skettisketti
    • Total Posts 343

Wanted to watch him jump again (today) before making any decisions. I would want a cleaner jumper over 2 miles.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 126 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.