The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Anyone hear a pin drop ?

Home Forums Lounge Anyone hear a pin drop ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2728

About a day or so ago ? <br>  

<br>

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

..sure did!

Colin

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2728

Thanks ‘bird<br> I thought I was hearing things :biggrin:

ricky lake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2358

gamble ,  too  many crones do distort the hearing aid , try  some beer for a change

:biggrin:

happy new yr old chap

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2728

<br>bake a new year cake Lake<br>cover it with thick chocolate<br>delusion then allow your mind<br>to expand… and slowly eat

My bathroom cabinet might surprise you,<br>or am I even able to reach it ?

if …

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2728

<br>bake a new year cake Lake<br>cover it with thick chocolate<br>delusion then allow your mind<br>to expand… and slowly eat

My bathroom cabinet might surprise you,<br>or am I even able to reach it ?

if …

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

could senility be setting in<br>surely not<br>just trigger-happy<br>finger

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2728

<br> Seeing Lake throw the :old: card at me<br> and try to change a lifelong crone habit<br> made me double up.

<br> flatcapgamble…seeing Barbara Stanwick at the top of the stairs with just a towel to cover her fraud also had Fred in stiches – but he handled it well  :biggrin:  Wilder films are full of goof

Ricky you old-fashioned,<br> chocolate-cake eating romantic<br> get these down your gullet :buddy: <br> then mobile up and finish<br> with a white-haired crone<br> – but beware the wet months

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Gamble old chap, have a peek in your PM box.:cool:

Colin

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2728

‘bird I cannot get in :biggrin:

ricky lake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2358

frst good grin of the year , thanks gamble , had my car borrowed and burned on new yrs eve , been a bit grumpy since

heres  to you wolly !!!!

cheers

ricky :biggrin:

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2728

burned and burrowed<br> and you only gave her a lift !<br> hmmm sorry to hear that Dick

Actually my referencing Double Indemnity<br> was quite a serendipity

Fred MacMurray, as you’ll remember was<br> an insurance agent wearing a stylish hat<br> who calls on Stanwick to renew her husband’s automobile    insurance. Now why oh why didn’t I think of that !

There’s an instant attraction<br> almost like hot metal<br> and that mungo summer of 76.<br> Who’d ever think up a plot like that..?

…Zoz bird and Katy bird<br>    decided to start up their own<br>    prattling house.<br>    They arranged a party for the first night.<br>    with very strict rules -<br>    everyone had to wear a dress.<br>    Jillyboots stood on the trestle table<br>    collapsing it and all the cucumbo sangers<br>    all cut in delicate quarters with a paper napkin underneath.

That’s when the two<br>    start talking murder…<br>    Barbara slips upstairs to get her towel on<br>    and Redman’s feathered face<br>    pops out from the toilet to check her out

<br> flatcapgamble…it’s not difficult but I’ll stick to the original, and who anyway could re-create Edward G  in his shirtsleeves and those massively gnarled wooden houses in 44 America with real telivision inside.:bounce:<br>    

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2728

Deep respect for those that enter here<br> at your peril as I am in pig shaking mood<br> and that could mean extreme discomfiture…<br> particularly if I don’t take to your name.

A simple slap on the back<br>  followed by a steeled claw sensation<br>  resulting in <br>  awful persitent pain covering the whole nervy area of the back.<br>  Control freakery mind games are the stapled desert.

You might be lucky though <br>  I am only half monster

a diary account -11/01

A man in a black anorak<br>  was pacing outside a coffee republic,<br>  back and forth, back and forth.<br>  So athletic were his fidgety movements<br>  he could have been planting the stuff.<br>  The regular city types inside, near the window,<br>  became irritated by the unusual view and the<br>  indecision of the pushmepullme <br>  that they turned to the side to sip<br>  as they might in bed.

He’d read the tooting guide but still felt<br>  disenchanted with the grimes of the centre,<br>  or possibly it was his particualr postion in London,<br>  rather than simple location.

He could not decide.<br> Whether to go in at all ?<br> Or whether to risk the blase, uniformity of the chain ?<br> Or sneak in next door to the unknown Amici -<br> which offered far better, far richer views of the Adwych -<br> oh and the BBC2 building with its twelve feet fig-leaved<br> statues carrying a random torch – but the coffee might be iffier<br> and the service over familiar or tight ?

He settled for Amicis and the pacing stopped.<br> £1.40 was a good sacrifice for a large cappa<br> with a free paper napkin thrown in like a hat.<br> He’d bothered to mention the benefit of the continuing<br> existence of the small family enterprise<br> at the counter,<br> and he might have spiced a drink or been talking to thin air,<br> such was the snub – just a greasy flick of the head,<br> like a fly swat.

Of course he realised why !<br> Didn’t fit the matrix pattern .<br> An anorak in suit country,<br> Someone that engaged,<br> that spoke,<br> that dared<br> that..

sat down by the window on a ledge seat.<br> That being a seat that was under a ledge.<br> He was pleased to have caused a ripple,<br> right there in the centre of London<br> bang opposite the BBC2. <br>   <br>  

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2728

Sandyman you’ve drawn the lucky joker,<br> and I have to say,<br> your froth is<br> impressively staccato.

I’ll have a go at that gate

here goes

splat… :(

ricky lake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2358

a bird stood on my window sill , pecking at my paint , cheky b………, I rushed out and yes m he left me a parting shot , oh dear this is not my year so far , steeped in bird poo , I travel on , as the song goes , things can only get better ……:cheesy:

rICKY

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.