The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Another good day using Racing post

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Another good day using Racing post

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    silkyuk9
    • Total Posts 44

Had a nice lucky 15 in today,

Fontina 13/8
    Toby Jug 5/1
    Marsool 5/4
    Absolutely magic 11/4

Pays £39.07 for a 10p stake.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that if you look on the racing post web site and check out the best backed horses of the day you can pick whats being backed.

out of 2 lucky 15’s today i had 5 winners from 8 horses, but, 4 were on the same slip.

yesterday i had 6 from 14 and most days i get at least half of the winners mentioned in the best backed horses. you just have to hope that you get them on the same slip if you are having lucky 15’s for example.

try it out, im sure you will the winners and not always at low prices, ive had some 5/1’s a 7/1 (Poet) 7/2’s all kinds of prices.

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

I’m sure you’ll get much longer shrift if you post your bets up before racing (in the ‘Daily Lays & Plays’ section), than you will by posting them after-the-fact.

Aftertiming is rightly considered a Cardinal Sin.

Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1537

After timing is the work of the devil.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Had a nice lucky 15 in today,

Fontina 13/8
    Toby Jug 5/1
    Marsool 5/4
    Absolutely magic 11/4

Pays £39.07 for a 10p stake.

.. that’s great .. only another seven or so winning days like that and no losing day’s and you’ve paid for a year’s subs.

Much better for you if you post them before racing or everyone will think your just another numpty from the betfair forum.

yesterday i had 6 from 14 and most days i get at least half of the winners mentioned in the best backed horses

.. in fact you probably are .. :D

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

It isn’t aftertiming if he’s previously mentioned the RP best-backed horses boxthing.

Pompete
    • Total Posts 2391

I think we maybe being a little unfair to Silky – notwithstanding it should be posted elsewhere.

He has mentioned this in the Systems sections and the selections are available for all to see on the RP Betting Site (I don’t know about the RP site).

Still, rather you than me Silky but good luck anyway.

dandan
    • Total Posts 199

People can be so up their ar**s when it comes to aftertiming. Big deal, the lad’s just sharing his experience. Probably enough to put him off now.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Of course it’s after-timing, Gerald, even the thread (such as it is) in the ‘Systems’ section is littered with winners he’s apparently already backed. Most people could bring such a pattern to the attention of others by simply saying ‘I’ve noticed this and it would seem to be profitable’, but not the sinful after-timer [general]. Even now there’s no indication of how horses should be grouped, or indeed when the bet(s) should be placed – do you use the best backed list at 11am, 1pm or 30 seconds before the first race? Are Lucky 15s formed by using the first four in the list, followed by the next four and so on? How far down the list do you go? What is considered to be a significant number of bets (i.e. to make the list workable)?

And it’s got nothing to do with people ‘being up their own a*ses’ dandan, just people not having the patience to wade through tale after tale of punting success with absolutely no reasoning or evidence to support them. Without prior discussion, who cares how much Mr Faceless won? Would you like to read daily stories about the thousands I have won if they’re always posted hours after the race?

Silky may be perfectly genuine, but there are ways and means of communicating – posting after-the-fact isn’t one of them.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I agree with Equi to a certain extent although I’ve no problem with someone saying "look guys that thing I posted a while back actually works why don’t you have a go" But I emmediately thought of the same question………there could be 10 horses there at 11am and all could be gone by 12 noon.

However if it’s working for Silky and it works for someone else who tries it Great!……the other problem I see is working out who to back them with…you would surely want to get on at early prices if teh horse’s price is dropping by the minute…a horse might vary with one firm like 5/4 and be 7/4 with another but horse 2 could be 5/1 to 7/1 and so on…would take me longer to work out who to try and put the bet on than it would to run the races :roll:

Visions of a huge payout has put me in the mood to do some trebles and an accie today :) ….AP for a field day at hereford?

silkyuk9
    • Total Posts 44

I wouldn’t have thought this thread was going to be one thats things get said to and frow.

I was a little happy that I actually got a lucky 15 in for a change and I only put on a 10p one.

This is not a system as such or something ive invented its plain to see on RP.

anyway, ive done 2 more today, only 10p ones as im not a big backer. (infact i could have said I had a 50p one.

todays.

True Brittania 2-10 H
    peter Grimes 5-50 K

Sunceleb 4-0B
    Fleeting spirit 3-30H

Nornborne Bandit 4-10 H

Walcott Square 2-30 B
    Boho Chic 8-50 K
    Patavium Prince

These are not tips, just the best backed according to RP

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4825

The numbers look very suspicious imo. The same figures keep coming up for each race and race after race….

759 bets
    483 bets
    276 bets
    230 bets
    23 bets

all seem popular :roll:

silkyuk9
    • Total Posts 44

not a good day yesterday, only one out of eight won, True Brittania at 2/1.

ill put in 8 more in the late morning when they are up on Racing Post.

silkyuk9
    • Total Posts 44

Unfortunatley I have to go out today, so im not going to be able to get the horse late morning, ive just had a look on RP and early horses that are being backed are.

Shamander 3-50S
    My Kingdom 4-0E
    Tropical Paradise 4-25S
    Hi Skinko 3-25E

I normally wouldn’t look at this time in a morning (10am) as horses will change as the morning goes. but lets see how these 4 get on today, ill have a 10p lucky 15 my only bet today.

silkyuk9
    • Total Posts 44

Not bad result today, 3 from 4 won.

shamander 9/4
    tropical Paradise (excellent price) 8/1
    Hi Skinko 9/4
    my kingdom 3rd 13/8

my 10p lucky 15 payed £17.96

silkyuk9
    • Total Posts 44

Just a quick look at the late racers and just have time to get these on again another 10p lucky 15. Accordeing to RP these are being backed

5.35 Covert ambition
    7-50W Aspro Mavro
    5-20R Carnivore
    8-20W Leahurst

hope these come in as well.

silkyuk9
    • Total Posts 44

Just a quick look at the late racers and just have time to get these on again another 10p lucky 15. Accordeing to RP these are being backed

5.35 Covert ambition
    7-50W Aspro Mavro
    5-20R Carnivore
    8-20W Leahurst

hope these come in as well.

2 winners Carnivore 8/1 and leahurst 6/4 pays £3-40 for 10p lucky 15, £1-90 profit

last 2 races at wolves, 8-50 Veroon and at 9-20 Valid Point, is well backed.

Stacelita
    • Total Posts 202

:D Thanks for telling us this and keep up the good work.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.