Albert Bartlett 2019

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2019 Albert Bartlett 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1149

Dickie Diver 14s ew.

Trainer says he is going here all being well and will have 1 run beforehand for experience.

Cheltenham Novice Chase
    Participant
    • Total Posts 302

I’m on him at 25-1 to win Mike. I think he’s a good thing.

VautourVautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 639

I wouldn’t rate Dickie Divers chances of winning this at all. His only run so far has been over 2 mile 3f; this race is usually always won by an experienced horse.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1991

Agree Vautour, for all this year is a year where horses have probably raced a little less so there might be a trend or two bucked.

CNC, a good thing? Really?? He looked very promising and all that, but couldn’t go that far

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Cheltenham Novice Chase
    Participant
    • Total Posts 302

CNC, a good thing? Really?? He looked very promising and all that, but couldn’t go that far

Fair point – I might have got a bit excited Jack. However, I think he looked good and more importantly I think he’s a horse Nicky Henderson rates highly. I’ve had a bet on both Dickie Diver and Dinons for this race.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1149

Vautour too early to write off, as he’s not had his final prep yet. :bye:

atthepost
    Participant
    • Total Posts 219

Two horses which I have backed for this with Bet 365.

Kateson 33/1 EW
    Carefully Selected 20/1 EW

good look all

KevMcKevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1111

Kateson was the one i wanted to know plans about, just had a search on Twitter and RP reporter has said Lacey is looking at Haydock next month as a trial for this.

33s is huge, ran very well behind Champ in the Challow when he wouldn’t have been suited by the slow pace (franked by Brewinupastorm until he fell) and his sire has produced a couple of good stayers in Sam Spinner & The Giant Bolster.

I’ve taken some of that price now, thanks for the reminder atthepost.

VautourVautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 639

Mike007; 1 more prep will make no difference. Horses with less than 10 starts to their name tend not to win this race. Penhill, Martello Tower, UnowhatImeanharry all had an average of around 16 starts under their belt. It’s because it’s 3 miles on good quick ground. Inexperienced novices dont settle and go way too fast; expericeced horses always win this. Dickie Diver is 14/1; I’d give you 100/1.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1991

Agree Kev.

Vautour, this year could be slightly different given ground who knows.

VautourVautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 639

Nah Jack, last year was slightly different because the ground was heavy; Kilbricken Storm was having his 8th start when he won it last year but I’d call that a noutlier because teh ground was slow. This year you’d imagine normal service resumes and experience will be vital.

Dinons and Rockpoint at 25/1 & 20/1 respectively look like great each way shouts; they’ve both have 12 runs each under their belts including course and distance wins

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1991

Not for me: Last years ground at the festival was different- what i was meaning was, as the ground has limited so many of the novices to start their campaigns, there will more than likely be quite a few less experienced horses going to the AB this year + therefore, a greater chance the trend will be bucked.

P.S. this is just something i’ve been thinking about. A lot of trends in recent years have qualifiers such as, how many times a horse has ran etc. This year a lot of trainers have struggled to run their horses as much. Just a thought.

Cheltenham Novice Chase
    Participant
    • Total Posts 302

Dinons seems to have gone largely under the radar for this. He was clearly coming through to challenge in his last race before being badly hampered by a faller. Vautour – I agree 25-1 is a great price. He has course form from earlier in the season and likes good ground, which appears to be key to him. I’m tempted to top up.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1149

Jack i would tend to agree, overall number of runs in the season I can see this trend going in some races, hopefully this one as it stands.

Woolly Jumper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20

Morning all, long time reader first time poster.

Does anyone have an opinion on Pleasure Dome for this? She has some good form in behind Derrinross on her last couple of starts, and was the one that caught my eye at Limerick.

Entered in a couple at Leopardstown this weekend, a 3m handicap and the mares 2m 2 handicap.

Plenty of runs under her belt for a six year old both on the flat and over jumps for Jonjo and now Willie. Also her best form seems to be over 3m on better ground.

Do you think she has the quality for this? Or maybe a sneaky handicap entry at Cheltenham maybe the Martin Pipe or Coral cup.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.