Albert Bartlett 2019

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2019 Albert Bartlett 2019

This topic contains 60 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  FinalFurlong91 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    Vautour
    Vautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 594

Everyones favourite race of the week :scratch:

One to watch here is Carefully Selected. 7 year old when Cheltenham rolls around; has 6 race starts to date; could be going to Cheltenham with 9 or 10 starts behind him; definitely a Stayer, good experience and has form with the best Irish Bumper horses from last year.

20/1 with Ladbrokes :good:

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15431

I like it too Vautour, though never a race I’ve had that much success in.

I went for Stay Humble a couple of months back, and I’m hoping he ends up here, although I’m always a bit wary of following those novices who’ve appeared in the summer months.

Stay Humble 50’s Each Way

Vautour
    Vautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 594

Summer campaigns are usually a positive for AB horses, VtC. Penhill, UnowhatImeanHarry & Martello Tower all had Summer campaigns before the AB; experience is key. The good ground experiecne over 3 miles is vital. Novice’s experiencing good ground for the first time tend to go way too fast.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15431

I like the sound of that Vautour, you’re building my hopes up already lol

Vautour
    Vautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 594

I had the same strategy last year but it didn’t work out due to the ground. Don’t think Kilbricken Storm would have won that on Good Ground. Hopefyully we’re back to good ground this year

DBRDBR
    DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 316

Dinons was quite impressive yesterday.

Vautour
    Vautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 594

Yep, and he’s another who’s had the summer good ground experience.

KevMc
    KevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1031

Dorells Pierji was decent last week i thought. Looked to enjoy grinding it out.

atthepost
    Participant
    • Total Posts 202

Carefully selected for me at 20/1. Surely this has got to be his target. I have dumped him in few EW multiplies

Cheltenham Novice Chase
    Participant
    • Total Posts 299

Dinons was quite impressive yesterday.

I agree DBRDBR. I think of all the staying Novice hurdlers we’ve seen so far Dinons has put up the best performance – possibly of all the Novice hurdlers we’ve seen so far. I placed a bet on Dinons after his performance at Cheltenham. Massively impressed with how he went clear and won by some margin in the end. It good that he got practice at Prestbury Park. Trained by Elliott, had Richard Johnson on board – what’s not to like?

Cheltenham Novice Chase
    Participant
    • Total Posts 299

Dickie Diver was very impressive today. I wouldn’t be surprised if he developed into a strong candidate for this. I think he would have won today had the eventual winner not be allowed to sneak a 5+ length lead two out.

charlie87
    charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 770

First bet on this. Derrinross @ 20/1 B365

I know it’s cliche but were he trained by Mullins or Elliot and not Philip Dempsey I think he would be a lot shorter. Other than At Fishers Cross and Bob’s Worth this race tends to be a waste land for short priced favourites so happy to look away from the front of the market which includes quite a few Mullins/Elliot horses that remain untested over 3m. Derrinross is clearly enjoying his racing over 3m having won a Grade 3 at Cork beating Sams Profile who I thought ran well finishing second over too short a trip in the Lawlor’s Of Naas Novice Hurdle. Derrinross then went on to win a Grade 2 over 3m giving weight away at Limerick beating Defi Bleu. Taken from Sportinglife ‘The Limerick contest, registered as the Dorans Pride Novice Hurdle and formerly run at the Guiness Novice Hurdle, has produced a long list of high-class winners since its inception in 2003, with the likes of Weapon’s Amnesty, Faugheen, Martello Tower, Up For Review and Penhill winning in recent season’.

I debated backing this now as I don’t think his price would be too different but Dempsey has said ‘if he gets soft ground he could run at the Dublin Racing Festival’, so I decided to get on now as he won’t be under the radar with a good performance there. He’ll want soft ground at Cheltenham, but this relatively unexposed imposing 7 year old is definitely a player so happy to take 20/1 with the the AB definitely being the plan.

MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2593

I wonder if Easy Game will be stepped up in trip, as he could be another Bobs Worth type that does his winning over shorter right up to the festival and then finally gets his ideal trip.

I like that he’s held up during races and has the experience similar to previous winners

Stamina on the dams side and same sire as Baie Des Iles.

Cheltenham Novice Chase
    Participant
    • Total Posts 299

Ask Ben looked a beautiful horse whilst running at Ayr yesterday. He ran from the front the whole way with his ears pricked and despite winning by 19 lengths he wasn’t stopping at the line one little bit. Very interesting.

MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2593

And the fourth from Ask Ben’s Newcastle win absolutely bolted in today, albeit odds on at Sludgefield; that one wants watching for a Spring handicap.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.