The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Advice needed….

Home Forums General Sports Advice needed….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Deano H
    • Total Posts 60

Probably a really stupid question that has been asked and laughed at before but…..

Having put a tenner on Michael Rassmussen to win the Tour De France @ 80/1 with a high street bookie, and chuckling smuggly to myself for the last week, I now realise I can no longer find the betting slip.

In view of the fact that he is now 8/15, assuming my slip does not re-appear, and assuming that he goes on to win, does anyone think I will get any joy, taking into account that I can name the time and date the bet was put on, and the fact that they probably don’t have an abundance of similar bets, or is the slip everything?

Apologies for the stupid question, have never lost one before and usually bet on-line.

Thanks in advance

SwallowCottage
    • Total Posts 1008

Unless things have changed recently ( I also do most of my bets online nowadays ) then the bookmaker will ask you to write out a duplicate of your b/slip and give details of the date/time bet placed + your address etc and you will get your money if he wins.

Deano H
    • Total Posts 60

Unless things have changed recently ( I also do most of my bets online nowadays ) then the bookmaker will ask you to write out a duplicate of your b/slip and give details of the date/time bet placed + your address etc and you will get your money if he wins.

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

It depends on which bookie you place it with, although most if not all will require roughly the same thing. SC has decribed it pretty accurately, but there may be additional hoops to jump through if (as is likely) the payout is over a certain amount (usually £50 or so). You should take along photographic proof of identification and proof of address that match the details you give on the aforementioned ‘lost claims’ slip. This is a formality, and I’ve never heard of these coming back to anybody. A pest, yes, but I’d imagine it’s worth it for a bet struck at 80-1!

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Depends how slack the manager is and if they know your writing lol. For 810 quid they really ought to ask you for prove of identification but one of my managers wouldn´t lol. You would need to write out a duplicate and give them a rough date and time. You would also want to hope they haven´t wasted the slip, as that would make things more difficult, though I probably would of wasted the slip!

You´ll get your money though in the end I´d be pretty certain about that.

Deano H
    • Total Posts 60

Kicked off the tour for not informing drug testers of his whereabouts.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

At least there’s no need to keep looking for the slip now :(

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

Ouch. I suppose that’s now a risk you have to factor in to betting on the Tour, as basic knowledge of human endurance tells you that practically all the riders are on performance-enhancing substances.

Deano H
    • Total Posts 60

Ouch. I suppose that’s now a risk you have to factor in to betting on the Tour, as basic knowledge of human endurance tells you that practically all the riders are on performance-enhancing substances.

Very True.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.