The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

ACCBANK CHAMPION HURDLE

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion ACCBANK CHAMPION HURDLE

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Now this looks a tricky contest. Hardy Eustace looks sure to make the running and hes been in good form all season, would have to have a chance. Iktitaf has proved himself to be a promising hurdler this season and this would be his biggest prize to date. Mac’s Joy has been lightly raced and at his best would also have to go close.

It’s difficult to see anything else getting a look in unless Harchibald can return to his best form but personally I doubt that.

Tough to choose between the three principals. All should go on the ground.

Views anyone?

heffo
    • Total Posts 319

Iktitaf is a lay for me. He only seems to prevail in small fields, 3 of his last 4 wins over hurdles came in fields with just 4 runners,the other had only 7. He also seems to need to have ‘soft’ somewhere in the going description.<br>There may be only 8 runners tomorrow but it looks to me like Noel Meade’s first choice, judging by jockey bookings, will need everything go his way if he’s to triumph.<br>A repeat of Hardy Eustace’s Leopardstown run would surely see him hard to beat.<br>Macs joy’s recent, promising, run out in the Curragh puts him firmly in the picture. The winner comes from the old guard for me.

Money on
    • Total Posts 178

Sweet Wake looks overpriced to me, i think he is a horse who doesnt enjoy big fields but does like a strong pace. Apart from Macs joy the rest must nearly be over the top and i can See Sweet Wake reaching a place at least.

johninrialto
    • Total Posts 16

its unfortunate that sublimity doesnt run, and for me the 3 to concentrate on are HARDY EUSTACE, IKTITAF, MACS JOY. would expect them to be the first 3 home, with the old boy hardy eustace getting there first. DUBLIN HUNTER 2.50 punchestown friday, 20/1, could be a good thing.

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Quote: from johninrialto on 11:19 pm on April 26, 2007[br]its unfortunate that sublimity doesnt run, and for me the 3 to concentrate on are HARDY EUSTACE, IKTITAF, MACS JOY. would expect them to be the first 3 home, with the old boy hardy eustace getting there first. DUBLIN HUNTER 2.50 punchestown friday, 20/1, could be a good thing.

<br>A 20/1 good thing? Lol they are the type of good things I like. Why do you fancy it so much mate?

Can’t be much worse than 5/4, 6/4 good things like Aces Four and Mighty Man anyway.

I’m returning to my previously unbroken rule = Never back any horse under 2/1. It just isn’t worth it.

<br>

(Edited by Flash at 11:23 pm on April 26, 2007)

johninrialto
    • Total Posts 16

hi flash. hes a good horse,who stays all day, will love the track and conditions, (think he won this race a few years ago), and connections are expecting a good run. could back him each way if u wanted, im going for the win.

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Quote: from johninrialto on 11:30 pm on April 26, 2007[br]hi flash. hes a good horse,who stays all day, will love the track and conditions, (think he won this race a few years ago), and connections are expecting a good run. could back him each way if u wanted, im going for the win.

<br>Hi John.

I doubt I’ll get involved to be honest as I tend to do things my own way but I’ll cheer him on for you.

If I have a bet tomorrow it’ll probably be on Hardy Eustace. He’s just over 4/1 at the moment on Betfair, the bookies that are quoting odds have him no bigger than 7/2 so could be getting a bit of value. Will probably be interfered with by a run away sheep on the run in the way my luck is going this week.

<br>

(Edited by Flash at 11:37 pm on April 26, 2007)

johninrialto
    • Total Posts 16

cheers flash. agree with u about hardy, 4/1 , 7/2 , is not a bad price at all. he is clearly the class horse in the race,and if he runs anyway near his best, he ll win. hope the week gets better for u, starting with hardy, and i have a certain loyalty with DUBLIN HUNTER, so have to back him, and think he will run a good race.

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

I really can’t see passed Hardy Eustace at the moment.

Whether or not he returned from Cheltenham under the weather (I am generally sceptical when something like bad blood only surfaces after defeat, despite the pre-event confidence of connections) his victory over Mighty Man at Ascot was simply stunning. The trip may well have played some part in that, but if he’s in anything like the same mood today he has to be the one to beat.

Macs Joy hasn’t achieved much over hurdles this season and I expected him to fair better than he did in a recent outing on the flat. He looks vulnerable now.

Iktitaf and Harchibald look fairly similar horses to me – travel supremely well but aren’t always keen to knuckle down when the pressure’s on. The former will obviously be the favoured Meade runner, and it’s not hard to understand why, but he’s running for a place at best.

Elsewhere on the card Noel Meade may get on the board in the shape of Aitmatov, whilst I expect a decent run from Willie Mullins’s Alexander Taipan.

johninrialto
    • Total Posts 16

agree about aitmatov. he s a decent horse. could be a nice double with hardy.

Money on
    • Total Posts 178

Aitmatov is a place lay in my eyes, His form doesnt impress me at all and Catch Me will be far too good for him. Both Brennan horses are also better than Meades and Glencove shud go well if jumping better

johninrialto
    • Total Posts 16

this is a new trip for catch me, 2 and a half miles on good ground, seems perfect for aitmatov. no doubt ,catch me , is the one to beat, but aitmatov is the one to catch him !!

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

A slight concern for me is that Hardy could get an uncontested lead but I believe that Iktitaf would have served it up to Sublimity but for his uncharacteristic mishap at Cheltenham and I’ll side with him.

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

I thought he was starting to feel the pinch when he fell in the Champion. I’m wary of Meade’s horses in a finish.. Macs Joy has disappointed me this year as I thought that with BI and HE gettin on this would be his year. Not really happened for him. I hope he wins to be honest but I wn’t be backing anything. To many questions to answer.. Hardy looks the safest bet.

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

You should know by now Grassy that he’s always underestimated. He must have been the most profitable horse to follow of the last five seasons. Unfortunately for me I haven’t been following him enough!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.