The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

A ton of bricks

Home Forums Horse Racing A ton of bricks

Viewing 17 posts - 222 through 238 (of 279 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Australian horses on steroids :shock: Well, I never !!! :wink:

Well at least that explains why

So you think

,great big bull of a horse got beat by Al Zaroonis

Rewilding

,one was going through ‘Cold turkey’ and the other was ‘Buzzin’!! :shock:

UM ok so you know nothing about horses so let me explain,you don’t give entires steroids for muscle growth because….they have their own testosterone and….if you wanted to bulk them up it would make them too top heavy and only increase greatly the chance of breaking down…. :roll: But like you and a few others on here that doesn’t matter you can speak untruths because it is Australian.

Jolly,we Brits have whats called a Sense of humour there are times when we laugh about things we probably shouldn’t a bit like when you should laugh but dont…….At yourselves! :lol: ‘Irony’ is a word we use here in your Mother land to express the opposite of literal,I used it

humouressly

to describe just how Ironic the fact was that your Australian superstar

So You Think

(connection of Aussie horses and Steroids)got beat by a British trained horse who’s trainer has been caught using said banned substance! Thats Irony! :lol: I sense its just one of those words thats gone straight over your head………But then again with a name like ‘Jolly’???…Humour???……..Oops how Ironic! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 6010

Mt Benbulben, Drone!!!! The horseman rode on all right, and won the darned race.

:) yeah, but peace still comes dropping slow

JollyP needs Innisfree, nine bean rows, the linnet’s wings and a hive for the honey-bee

Mahmood is already there in his 5-star cabin of of sand and marble made

The Sheikh will pass by once the glimmer of midnight has gone and a royal-blue noon returns…God is everywhere Grimes, and moves in mysterious ways :wink:

Blocked
    • Total Posts 540

Irony.. you say TAPK… Well how ironic is it that if any Australian horse has won over there after using steroids they did it legally. Though their counterparts there,one has proven guilty,one has admitted using them which is illegal under the rules there and he states that he believes a hell of a lot more have been injected with the stuff. Ok now i will play the part of a smug poster on here. ‘It begs the question was Frankel perhaps one of those horses’ :shock: hmmmm….See how it feels big mouths :wink: PS.. A surefire way to get the pin pulled on your account by mentioning Frankel or Henry Cecil.Now you know how Moody must feel about the trolls who state these things :wink:

Blocked
    • Total Posts 540

I don’t see how that’s casting "aspersions" when it’s well known that steriods are used in australian racing?

No only Australian racing but right across Australian sport according to the recent Australian Crime Commission report.

Have you by any chance got my rose coloured glasses Paul? A bit rich after todays events i think.Also coming from the person who wrote about Black Caviar getting too much attention just before Royal Ascot,or the biggest joke comment i have read when you stated ‘it was shame that Black Caviar had DETRACTED from Simenons efforts’….. :roll: Yeah they all came to see Simenon :wink:

Blocked
    • Total Posts 540

:wink: I think my work here is done :D

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

We have an expression here :

Good riddance to bad rubbish. :roll:

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

If a good vet comes to the yard regularly there is no need for a trainer to have all the above skills.The trainer trains the horses. The vet keeps them healthy.

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

I don’t see how that’s casting "aspersions" when it’s well known that steriods are used in australian racing?

No only Australian racing but right across Australian sport according to the recent Australian Crime Commission report.

Have you by any chance got my rose coloured glasses Paul? A bit rich after todays events i think.Also coming from the person who wrote about Black Caviar getting too much attention just before Royal Ascot,or the biggest joke comment i have read when you stated ‘it was shame that Black Caviar had DETRACTED from Simenons efforts’….. :roll: Yeah they all came to see Simenon :wink:

the rose coloured spectacles, as you well know, refer to an entirely different matter.

As for my quotes re Black Caviar and Simenone – it doesn’t require any level of intellect to take comments out of context and twist them to suit your own perverse argument – as you have ably demonstrated.

Indeed it simply underlines the paucity of your own case.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

You’ve said that before Jollyp. :lol:

I hope TRFers don’t think all Aussies are like you.
    Have joined an Australian forum and (so far) found them polite and friendly. :wink:

Value Is Everything
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Have joined an Australian forum and (so far) found them polite and friendly. :wink:

I have a lot of family in Oz so have been there several times over the years. Wonderful people, warm and welcoming with great sense of humour. Jolly is not like any I met over there. Vile man.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Blocked
    • Total Posts 540

I have a lot of family in Oz so have been there several times over the years. Wonderful people, warm and welcoming with great sense of humour. Jolly is not like any I met over there. Vile man.

Deleted:

Blocked
    • Total Posts 540

That is exactly what you said Paul and in that context.Too much attention on BC and that it was a shame BC detracted from Simenon!

Blocked
    • Total Posts 540

Australian horses on steroids :shock: Well, I never !!! :wink:
    :D :D :D :wink:

BlackGold
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1487

Now someone’s advised him to appeal!

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-ra … t7DaysNews

Um, you dopped horses, got caught, admitted it, been banned. What’s to appeal for heaven’s sake!

lennylion
    • Total Posts 11

Have been following this as a professional in legal matters

MAZ never claimed he didn’t do it, he said he did it but that he was unaware it was not legal in this country

To my eyes the BHA and Godolphin have not proved beyond doubt that he knew the rules. Negligent and unprofessional yes, but not the monster they are trying to make him out to be

I would have no doubt that an appeal is in order

He even had his legal representative taken away at the hearing – what sort of treatment is that?

More like a banana republic than a civilised country

Having to defend himself in his second language with all the intricacies of the case, astonishing. Godolphin and the BHA should never have allowed it to proceed with a solicitor to assist him

Unfortunately, the appeal could unearth an even bigger can of worms

Len

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Have been following this as a professional in legal matters

MAZ never claimed he didn’t do it, he said he did it but that he was unaware it was not legal in this country

It is clearly stated in the rules the use of anabolic steroids is illegal – it is the responsibility of the trainer to know the rules.

You say you are a professional in legal matters, in which case you will be aware ignorance is not an excuse in the eyes of the law.

To my eyes the BHA and Godolphin have not proved beyond doubt that he knew the rules. Negligent and unprofessional yes, but not the monster they are trying to make him out to be

On a technical point Godolphin do not have to prove anything.

The basis of a disciplinary hearing is not the criminal level of beyond reasonable doubt but balance of probability.

However as Al Zarooni admitted supplying the drugs and with the strict liability rules there isn’t exactly much for the BHA to have to prove

He even had his legal representative taken away at the hearing – what sort of treatment is that?

Who took his legal representation away – are you suggesting the BHA said he could not be legally represented?

More like a banana republic than a civilised country

Like Dubai you mean – at least Godolphin would feel at home – that’s if your assertion is correct of course

Having to defend himself in his second language with all the intricacies of the case, astonishing. Godolphin and the BHA should never have allowed it to proceed with a solicitor to assist him

He pleaded guilty what was there to defend? He chose not to have legal representation. The only possible use a legal advocate may have been is in entering a plea of mitigation. However I cannot see what could be said in mitigation, especially as he got off lightly with an eight year ban anyway

Participant
    • Total Posts 2805

Untrue, total garbage.

Mike

Viewing 17 posts - 222 through 238 (of 279 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.