The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

A ton of bricks

Home Forums Horse Racing A ton of bricks

Viewing 17 posts - 205 through 221 (of 279 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Leave him be and pat yourself on the back H et al. Resorting to

argumentum ad hominem

is the last resort of one who has lost the argument

I recommend a smug smile

Sound advice as always, Drone.

:)

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

wit
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2171

One thing the BHA could do……..

….would be to ban all GB horses from racing in any jurisdiction that allows drugs (eg US, Australia, Dubai), and ban all horses coming to GB from those jurisdictions.

after all, why expect more from Sh Mohammed than you are prepared to do yourselves ?

wit
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2171

as regards testing, according to the IFHA in 2011:

HK tested 11,616 horses for its 759 races

France tested 11,398 horses for its 7,183 races

GB tested 7,619 horses for its 94,786 races

GB has by far the sorriest record of testing in the IFHA table:

http://www.horseracingintfed.com/resour … TANCES.pdf

Venusian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

as regards testing, according to the IFHA in 2011:

HK tested 11,616 horses for its 759 races

France tested 11,398 horses for its 7,183 races

GB tested 7,619 horses for its 94,786 races

GB has by far the sorriest record of testing in the IFHA table:

http://www.horseracingintfed.com/resour … TANCES.pdf

The figure you’ve quoted for the UK, 94,786, is the total number of

starts

, not races.

The correct figure for number of races is 10,147.

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

If drugs were like a serious crime banning for life should be the correct response.

wit
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2171

starts

, not races.

er….the column in which the 94,786 appears is headed ‘TOTAL NUMBER OF RACES (flat and jumps)’ – page 2.

94,786 / 365 suggests around 250 per day so maybe they do mean starts, but are you saying then that the GB figures are on a different basis to those for the other countries ?

759 for HK for example sounds right for number of races – 18 or 19 a week for around 42 weeks a year

Venusian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

starts

, not races.

er….the column in which the 94,786 appears is headed ‘TOTAL NUMBER OF RACES (flat and jumps)’ – page 2.

94,786 / 365 suggests around 250 per day so maybe they do mean starts, but are you saying then that the GB figures are on a different basis to those for the other countries ?

759 for HK for example sounds right for number of races – 18 or 19 a week for around 42 weeks a year

Look, never mind smart-arsing around with all the "er…" stuff.

If you look at the 2011 numeric stats, you’ll see that

they’ve just copied across the WRONG NUMBER.

Got that?

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

Mt Benbulben, Drone!!!! The horseman rode on all right, and won the darned race.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 540

Cormack, isn’t it time you showed some balls and jettisoned that obnoxious little Aussie from an otherwise harmonious forum. It seems he is allowed to abuse forum members without reproach. If I was in charge, the egregious little, loud mouthed man child would have been turfed out long ago. :roll:

:D Oh dear, you
    call all Australians Kangaroo munchers,recalcitrant,backward,thieves,plus many more besides what you have called me and you scream foul :wink:I have never said such things of your country or people. Sit behind your computer and denigrate the whole counrty you gutless little man :wink:Then you call on Cormack to help you,Cormack allows any attack on Australian people or myself,though if i call you a tosser after you have said Australians are backward or some of your many other insults i get cautioned.You can freely state on here that Moody probably gave Black Caviar steroids or any other Australian for that matter,though if you mention the all powerful MAZ he muzzles people :wink:

Blocked
    • Total Posts 540

Interesting to hear Clare Balding, when interviewing Roger Charlton, that he, via Twitter, he had wondered whether Black Caviar had been given steroids. :shock:

Maybe he’s just another old cynic like me. :wink:

BC has never had juice H, just like all Australian horses who’ve raced here. :wink:

After all, his trainer has said so, so we should believe him.

Roger Charlton has said he wants a "level playing field"! I should shout it from the Beakhampton rooftops if I was you Roger, may be Australia Towers might here you.

Make no mistake, if Australia (and others) do not change their rules quickly – British trainers won’t be welcoming them to Royal Ascot.

The same Roger Charlton who has a positive swab against his name :lol: pot calling the kettle black me thinks :o But as Roger pointed out it was a mistake the wrong bucket :lol: :lol: :lol:

wit
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2171

ah, you mean go looking outside of the Report to try work out what might have happened as between ‘Compiled by the Racing Medication and Testing Consortium http://rmtcnet.com, supervised by the Advisory Council on Prohibited Substances and Practices of the IFHA’ and ‘BHA Contact for this Questionnaire: Director of Equine Science and Welfare, BHA’ ?

on another aspect, there are interesting answers on page 11 in the column headed ‘Is the horse involved systematically disqualified ?’ for a raceday positive.

most jurisdictions respond ‘Yes’.

Italy, Mexico and the USA respond ‘No’ and – coincidentally or otherwise – have high numbers for positives.

GB’s answer: ‘No on finding, Yes if confirmed and Disciplinary Panel finds for the Authority ‘.

is automatic disqualification another thing the BHA might look at ?

Blocked
    • Total Posts 540

Australian horses on steroids :shock: Well, I never !!! :wink:

Well at least that explains why

So you think

,great big bull of a horse got beat by Al Zaroonis

Rewilding

,one was going through ‘Cold turkey’ and the other was ‘Buzzin’!! :shock:

UM ok so you know nothing about horses so let me explain,you don’t give entires steroids for muscle growth because….they have their own testosterone and….if you wanted to bulk them up it would make them too top heavy and only increase greatly the chance of breaking down…. :roll: But like you and a few others on here that doesn’t matter you can speak untruths because it is Australian.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 540

Mr. Alderson comes across like a typical chip on the shoulder Aussie who is in denial. The young interviewer was obviously questioning Australia’s racing policy of allowing trainers to administer steroids to their horses, whilst Alderson condoned it, and peddled the same old nonsense about how all races in the UK have small fields. :roll: His justifcation for steroid use seemed to be based on not only medical grounds but more specifically because the amount of times their horses have to race.

Why have to ? :? They race their poor animals more frequently because of downright greed.

It is no surprise to me that Roger Charlton has questioned whether Black Caviar may have been given steroid injections. She is built like an Aberdeen Angus bull.

For Alderson to say that Australian racing is the best in the world is just utter poppycock – and his mealy-mouthed justification for the blanket use of steroids is equally pathetic.

The UK, Ireland and France is where the best horse racing takes place. No recalcitrant Aussie will tell me otherwise.

Yeah you are flying over there aren’t you,huge prizemoney :wink: being kept afloat by an Arab who may just pull the pin,Irelands economy is thriving,thats why so many are over here earning 6 times more which would enable them to afford to race their own horse outright here :wink:

HorseWithNoName
    • Total Posts 51

I don’t see a problem with the current testing rules as they done what the strategy set out to do and that was finding cheats but no one expected to reel in the biggest fish in the sea which pays tremendous compliments to all of those involved in the strategic direction of this testing policy.

My only gripe with the BHA is the atrocious regulatory controls on licences handed to not just new trainers but current trainers. The issue I have in relation to new trainers is it’s too easy to become established, we’re talking animals worth tens of thousands who cost the earth to keep healthy yet all you need is a mickey mouse NVQ and a few years as an assistant to become legitimately accepted among the training ranks.

This has to end here today, we need to put a stop on the easy route into horse racing from trainers, like any other profession a degree should be required at the absolute minimum alongside fit and proper person checks whilst current trainers must sit tests every 18-32 months on physiological, pharmacological and external environmental trends impacting upon their business to ensure they are aware of the dangers.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 540

Leave him be and pat yourself on the back H et al. Resorting to

argumentum ad hominem

is the last resort of one who has lost the argument

I recommend a smug smile

You have a nice little smug group there,so you should know all about being smug :wink:

Blocked
    • Total Posts 540

Ok i would like to request you remove my account you one eyed gutless wonder!

Well at least one good thing has come out of all of this.

Why did you get a testicle implant Joni :shock:? Don’t tell me…there not Frankel’s :shock:

Blocked
    • Total Posts 540

The mere fact that Australian horses have the opportunity of benefiting from training on performance enhancing drugs means British trainers are at a disadvantage.

I ask you again Jollyp, how would you react if the shoe was on the other hoof?

Absolutely spot on GT.

British racing should have a ZERO TOLERANCE approach to substances not allowed here – That should run to banning any horse from a jurisdiction which allows the use of medications/drugs that are banned here from competing in our races.

If the boot was on the other foot (i.e. our horses going to Aus or US with an advantage of any kind) the noise from those countries would be deafening and I’d wager they’d act pretty quickly to eradicate that advantage.

Um i think you may need a rewrite Cormack after the new explosive revelations!

Viewing 17 posts - 205 through 221 (of 279 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.