The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Viewing 17 posts - 1,038 through 1,054 (of 2,437 total)
  • Author
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Was this the race with a shocking camera angle there was a close finish there today where i am sure one horse was half a lenght winner but judge gave it to other horse i was shocked at the outcome not sure if it was this race

Gord any thoughts on LOCH GORMAN i know you like Bolger horses but he won a maiden well beating a hotpot from coolmoore and now won a group one in france too.Any thoughts on him.

Any bets on the jumping front as well gord i got DIAMOND HARRY 9/1
    BOG WARRIOR 6/4 as well not sure on jwine chase yet.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

The jury was out on whether the step up in trip led to Al Bahathri’s defeats (the firm going at Newmarket certainly saw an improved display against the Cumani filly).

Well spotted ‘Ivanjica’ you are quite right about the trip as

Free Guest

was a 11/4m filly and

Al Bahathri

a miler! 2 crackers in their day though! :)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Battled well for a nice win with the first two pulling well clear :-)

Thats not the race I saw GDC!! :oops:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord any thoughts on LOCH GORMAN i know you like Bolger horses but he won a maiden well beating a hotpot from coolmoore and now won a group one in france too.Any thoughts on him.

Loch Garman

Darren is another ‘Teofilo’ colt and incredibly lands a prestigious Group 1 barely a week after making his debut,he looks every inch the soft ground sort like

Trading Leather

looks the Good Ground type,yet another exciting recruit running in the Mrs Bolger Purple and White silks!No Derby winner though! :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Having seen the re-run of last years JN Wine Champion chase at Down Royal umpteen times now I cant understand how

Quito de la roque

isn’t at least favourite! ‘Sizing Europe’ beaten by the latter trades at 2/1 compared to the 7/2 about last years winner,I cant see any reason why the result wont be the same…….other than next years Gold cup winner (

First Lieutenant

) ‘surprising’ and handling the Soft ground better than at least I expect him too!I’d still like to see a solid performance mind from Mouses charge!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

When I look at todays Ascot United House Gold Cup race and see ‘Poquelin’ giving a stone to the whole field it kind of sums up the opposition! But there’s a horse who can say ‘I’ve taken on the best and lost’ in there and he too is getting a ton of weight from the Grade 2 horse of Paul Nicholls,what makes me feel today could be his day is the fact that

Roberto Goldback

is now with the master Nicky Henderson and this fellow can get one ready for the day.I believe today could be that day for a chaser who’s mixed it with plenty proper Grade 1 horses in his time and has only ran 29 times for a 10yo.Carrying a mere 10-10 and at 9/1 I’m going to give this fellow a chance that the new scenery has sparked some sort of re-kindling of the flame that beat none other than ‘Weapons Amnesty’ in his day! :wink:

Roberto Goldback

£150 e/w 9/1 Bet 365 Ascot 3,10pm

£8163

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

…….other than next years Gold cup winner (

First Lieutenant

) ‘surprising’ and handling the Soft ground better than at least I expect him too!I’d still like to see a solid performance mind from Mouses charge!

Solid Performance from next years Gold Cup winner on ground still too soft and incredibly William Hills have pushed him out from 16/1 to 20/1……….Yeh right!! :roll:

First Lieutenant

£150 e/w 20/1 William Hill, Gold Cup.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

A legendary performance there from one of my all time favs

Tidal Bay

,absolutely different class and again he proves his doubters wrong,my voice is hoarse cheering him home,it doesn’t seem 2 minutes since his hack round Sandown when landing the BetFred Gold Cup last season…….Timeless! :D

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord am sure you agree on this year from a Ante post standpoint i been best member on here you know like bets below :)

Also Joni no wind up as well being serious am comparing him with Zarkava and Sea The Stars

SIR DES CHAMPS 12/1 Jewson
    SIMONSIG 14/1 Neptune
    WAS 25/1 Oaks
    CAMELOT 25/1 Derby

Chuck in the fact i was going on about these horses before SDC jump a fence and Simonsig went over a hurdle. and you said WAS had no chance in the oaks

HRH Darren, the true Ante-Post King! :wink:

Sorry to P*ss on your Fireworks guys but TAPK legendary King of foresight put all these up this year too;- Weeks prior to race stated! :wink:

HEY BIG SPENDER

12/1 Warwick chase 1 week

CALGARY BAY

14/1 Sky bet chase. 4 weeks

SYNCHRONISED

16/1 Gold Cup. 6 weeks

SUNNYHILLBOY

16/1 Kim Muir. 4 weeks

SIR DES CHAMPS

12/1 Jewson. 8 weeks

TIDAL BAY

10/1 Betfred. 1 week

CAMELOT

6/1 2000 gns. 20 weeks

COLOUR VISION

10/1 Gold Cup 5 weeks

DAWN APPROACH

7/2 Dewhurst. 12 weeks

and collected good place money on all these too

First Lieutenant

25/1 RSA. 24 weeks

Get me out of here

16/1 Coral cup. 12 weeks

Darlan

12/1 ‘Supreme’ 4 weeks

Medermit

20/1 Ryanair. 20 weeks.

Kumbeshwar

16/1 Grand annual 8 weeks

Sunnyhill Boy

40/1 Grand National 8 weeks

Fury

20/1 Lincoln 6 weeks

Regal Parade

40/1 Ayr Gold cup 2 weeks

Shirocco Star

66/1 Oaks 40 weeks

Awesome prices at what I do best! :wink:

How did I miss putting the legend that is

Tidal Bay

in my list of Big race winners from this year Darren? :roll: I cant have that when I’ve got a young pretender breathing down my neck eh? :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Picking the bones from todays superb National Hunt racing proves just why its Meat and Wine to me,it also confirms clearly just how the flat season is like a cheap bottle of plonk,I’ve made the transgression from one to the other with Verve for the past 30 yrs however this year I cant wait to see the back of it,its been dire!

Dawn Approach

has been my only real highpoint all year and I look forward to him beating ‘Kingsbarns’ in the Guineas.Todays jumping highlight for me was without doubt the Run from

First Lieutenant

,he ran an absolute blinder jumping for fun all the way round,those who think ‘Kauto Stone’ will out battle him up the Cheltenham hill on Good ground come March are a mile out, that horse wants it up to his knees to have any chance of winning a Gold Cup!
    Whoever William Hills odds compiler is who has pushed Mouses big Chestnut out to 20/1 from 16/1 wants to realise that ‘First Lieutenant’ wore the White Cap today! :roll: So long as they keep offering stupid prices I’m stupid enough to take them……..Its what I do! :wink:

First Lieutenant

£100 e/w 20/1 William Hill Gold Cup.

£8663

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’ve always known

Silviniaco Conti

is the Real deal and the 5/2 about his Charlie Hall victory on Tuesday last now seems generous,trouble is I thought 7/1 about last years 11/8fav

Time for Rupert

was over-priced too!Hindsight is a wonderful thing.What I would say though is I’d tread carefully regarding the Nicholls ‘machines’ Gold Cup chances as the trainer stated last year he felt he needed a flat galloping track! As for the King George….Major danger again to

Grand Crus

around Kempton for sure as the ‘Feltham’ proves,8/1 and 6/1 the pair have it between them imo.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’ve kept a close eye on the 2yo’s this Flat season and obviously the horse who ties in a lot of collateral form through

Dawn Approach

is this

Artigiano

of Godolphins and being stoutly Dirt bred I can see him troubling the big horse ‘Dundonell’ tonight in the Grade 1 juvenile at Santa anita,in fact through the highly regarded ‘Steeler’ there’s only a Gnats cod to seperate them! However the betting shows ‘Artigiano’ to be almost 3 times the price of the Fav ‘Dundonell’!!I’ve taken a chance on Frankies mount!

Artigiano

£100 e/w 8/1 Stan James Breeders Cup Juvenile.

Loser £8863

• Total Posts 15019

Nice win with Roberto today Gord. Had a small bet on him, but main bet was on Nataani, got greedy for the price. :roll:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Nice win with Roberto today Gord. Had a small bet on him, but main bet was on Nataani, got greedy for the price. :roll:

Cheers Bob,keeps Bread on my table! Its gonna be a long winter!! :lol:

GDC
    • Total Posts 939

TAPK: As I said previously let your selections do your talking :-) thanks for Roberta, stupidly I went EW, despite thinking he’d either win or be out with the washing lol great to have ‘proper’ racing back!! I firmly believe Silviniano Conti will make Grand Crus go come Boxing Day mate

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

TAPK: As I said previously let your selections do your talking :-) thanks for Roberta, stupidly I went EW, despite thinking he’d either win or be out with the washing lol great to have ‘proper’ racing back!! I firmly believe Silviniano Conti will make Grand Crus go come Boxing Day mate

Nothing stupid about going e/w GDC,its about protecting your stake mate,I was on at 10’s on the machine and laid him off at 30/100 in running (To protect my stake)just in case he fell at the last!! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

When I look at todays Ascot United House Gold Cup race and see ‘Poquelin’ giving a stone to the whole field it kind of sums up the opposition! But there’s a horse who can say ‘I’ve taken on the best and lost’ in there and he too is getting a ton of weight from the Grade 2 horse of Paul Nicholls,what makes me feel today could be his day is the fact that

Roberto Goldback

is now with the master Nicky Henderson and this fellow can get one ready for the day.I believe today could be that day for a chaser who’s mixed it with plenty proper Grade 1 horses in his time and has only ran 29 times for a 10yo.Carrying a mere 10-10 and at 9/1 I’m going to give this fellow a chance that the new scenery has sparked some sort of re-kindling of the flame that beat none other than ‘Weapons Amnesty’ in his day! :wink:

Roberto Goldback

£150 e/w 9/1 Bet 365 Ascot 3,10pm

Congratulations in snapping the thread’s losing run Gord. Onwards and upwards from now.

Value Is Everything
Viewing 17 posts - 1,038 through 1,054 (of 2,437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.