The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Viewing 17 posts - 1,021 through 1,037 (of 2,437 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Seriously impressed with For Non Stop.

Gord a question on Trading Leather – do you think Bolger has over-raced him? Made his debut early September and already having his 4th race, this one coming after a tough battle last week.

Correct Joni,when you saw him walk around at the start today he towered over ‘Kingsbarns’ and it was blatantly obvious he still hasn’t filled his frame so I am surprised he’s had what looked like a rushed 2yo campaign.I can only hope a long winter will let him develop as this fellow has stamina stamina stamina…..You’ll see mate! :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

If I could frame the weights for this years Paddy Power Gold cup at Cheltenham now,’Poquelin’ would carry 11-10 and in what has the potential to be a 2nd season Novices classic he’d have too much weight. ‘Menorah’ would carry 11-4, a weight he’d be a player off but his jumping still needs tidying up. ‘For Non Stop’,Saturdays impressive ‘Old roan’ winner has just handicapped himself right out of the race as he too looked attractive off a weight of 10-9…that was before he routed the very useful ‘Wishful Thinking’ by 23 lengths,he’s going to carry nearer 11-5 after that now. The Grey

Grand Crus

carrying 11-1 is set to match ‘Hunt Ball’ with the same weight and in my opinion the Grey is different Class to the ‘handicapper’ who never stopped improving last year,thankfully I’ve been snaffling all the 6/1 for the past month or so as this fellow will go off 11/4fav on the day and after he wins this comfortably he’ll go and win this years King George too! A word for ‘Walkon’ dropped down to a mark of 143 after contesting the Scottish National,a race that was never going to suit him like 21/2m around Cheltenham will,his form with ‘For Non Stop’ suggests he’s an e/w player at 10/1 imo.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

As much as I see

Grand Crus

as a speed horse and races like the Paddy Power and King George are races that will suit,I see his RSA victor

Bobs Worth

as a staying sort,I wouldn’t give him a chance in a King George but I think he is tailor-made for this years Hennessey Gold cup at Newbury and wouldn’t look past him,I’m expecting 5/1 to be as big as he gets when Bookmakers open the betting for this years Newbury showpiece and again I can see a comfortable victory.He’s the sort who’d be suited to the Welsh National too imo.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Gord quite a few questions for you

Will you have a bet at breeders cup only had 2 so far THE FUGUE at 7/2 and EXCELBRATION 100/30 Mile only did this bet 4 hours before win at Ascot.What chance you give THE FUGUE because a few weeks she was nailed on winner for me but now the Aga Khan have put there best horse in race in RIDASYINA. as you know i felt she gone close in the arc and it sounds like she stay in traning next year too so any thoughts on this race and others at breeders cup.

Any thoughts on grand national if you look at last few winners they been horses who made there debut in the race. horses who get placed and come back the next year have not been winning this race. so i would ignore top half of the market and go for a horse you like a lot last year but was rubbish that horse is MANGAMINITY. i tweeted paddy power they put him in there market at 33 he is much bigger on betfair but i dont bet on there myself what chance you give him.

And i see you talking of the hennessey i not looked at all horses in race yet but looking at FOR NON STOP who franked the SDC form. how about another horse to frank his form that horse is HIDDEN CYCLONE.
    trainer said this race be his target won at 2m today when only 65 percent fit he was getting weight from SDC but failed to beat him and SDC won cosy he did so what you think Gord.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord quite a few questions for you

Will you have a bet at breeders cup only had 2 so far THE FUGUE at 7/2 and EXCELEBRATION 100/30 Mile only did this bet 4 hours before win at Ascot.What chance you give THE FUGUE because a few weeks she was nailed on winner for me but now the Aga Khan have put there best horse in race in RIDASYINA. as you know i felt she gone close in the arc and it sounds like she stay in traning next year too so any thoughts on this race and others at breeders cup.

Any thoughts on grand national if you look at last few winners they been horses who made there debut in the race. horses who get placed and come back the next year have not been winning this race. so i would ignore top half of the market and go for a horse you like a lot last year but was rubbish that horse is MANGAMINITY. i tweeted paddy power they put him in there market at 33 he is much bigger on betfair but i dont bet on there myself what chance you give him.

And i see you talking of the hennessey i not looked at all horses in race yet but looking at FOR NON STOP who franked the SDC form. how about another horse to frank his form that horse is HIDDEN CYCLONE.
    trainer said this race be his target won at 2m today when only 65 percent fit he was getting weight from SDC but failed to beat him and SDC won cosy he did so what you think Gord.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Gord – I see your mate’s horse runs tomorrow. Remember Zeyran from Nottingham? And the poor owner who you verbally assaulted outside the paddock?

Will go close but has a Gosden hotpot to beat.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord – I see your mate’s horse runs tomorrow. Remember Zeyran from Nottingham? And the poor owner who you verbally assaulted outside the paddock?

Will go close but has a Gosden hotpot to beat.

I saw enough that day to say she’ll win tomorrow mate,I think the all weather surface will suit her better than the ground at Nottingham the other week,she travelled lovely up to the furlong pole and it was the testing ground that beat her………Just like I explained to the owners beautiful daughter! :wink:

GDC
    • Total Posts 939

TAPK: is there a draw bias in 5f sprints on soft at your fav track as I am backing one in the first, cheers

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

TAPK: is there a draw bias in 5f sprints on soft at your fav track as I am backing one in the first, cheers

Sorry GDC been working hard building an extension in the Cold and I’m suffering from yet another B*stard Cold myself or Man-Flu or whatever these Women want to call it! I’m P*ssed off with feeling like s*it the moment,it feels like one after the other! :twisted:
    I’ve never really considered the draw Bias over any trip around Gods Country so I hope your horse won!
    That bloody

Zeyran

ran too badly too be true today particularly when

Albasharah

gave the form an excellent boost,she may well need to be dropped back to a mile imo Joni! :twisted:

GDC
    • Total Posts 939

Funnily enough it was the sprint that let me down in my trixie but horse never had a chance, Millibar at 12s was given an awesome ride and had that with Rakticate at 3s :-)

GDC
    • Total Posts 939

Have taken on Silviano Conti with Weird Al for the Charlie Hall, jumped round my beloved Wetherby beautifully last season

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

GDC i am on DIAMOND HARRY in this race always best time to catch him 1st time out trainer sent out another star to win big race on saturday.Was not good enough last year but can bounce back here

SILVIANIO CONTI a decent horse but i keep hearing people go on about he beat Champion Court further than SDC. that is true but CC had a hard race at Cheltenham and 3m is not his trip.

Participant
    • Total Posts 817

I bet you cant remember the name of the first ‘Fittocks stud’ filly who made a name for herself Darren,she beat a proper Guineas filly in ‘Al Bahathri’in her day!

That’ll be Free Guest (Pat Eddery/Luca Cumani). She won the 1985 renewals of the Nassau Stakes (Al Bahathri 7th, 5/4f) and Sun Chariot Stakes 11/8f (Al Bahathri 4th) – becoming the first to win the latter twice following its opening up to older fillies in 1974.

The jury was out on whether the step up in trip led to Al Bahathri’s defeats (the firm going at Newmarket certainly saw an improved display against the Cumani filly).

Both fillies went to the paddocks at the end of 1985, Free Guest producing Fillies Mile winner and Oaks runner up Shamshir. Al Bahathri’s most notable offspring are 2,000 Guineas/Champion Stakes hero Haafhd; Munir, winner of the the 2001 Greenham and Challenge Stakes; and Hasbah who finished 2nd to Chimes of Freedom in the 1990 Coronation Stakes.

GDC
    • Total Posts 939

Darren: good luck mate, weird al always runs better fresh and has the vital winning course form

GDC
    • Total Posts 939

TAPK: like the look of Ten Fires today at a sodden Stratford, not many like the ground and I can see him going off very close to being fav!! Trainers going well too 11/2 was fair

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

Oh dear; Magnanimity rears his head again I see. Trainer has said he was never himself last year but is back on track now. I also followed the horse over several cliffs last year and don’t want to do a ‘Mon Mome’ with him this year. One of those annoying horses that I’m scared to miss out on the day he actually wins.

GDC
    • Total Posts 939

Battled well for a nice win with the first two pulling well clear :-)

Viewing 17 posts - 1,021 through 1,037 (of 2,437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.