The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Viewing 17 posts - 1,004 through 1,020 (of 2,437 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Darren I put up

Dawn Approach

winning the ‘Dewhurst’ straight after his ‘Coventry’ victory! Now if thats not Foresight then what is? I was offered 7/2 by Corals but never took it as I felt it was a little Shy! Hindsight shows I should have! :oops:

Not much "foresight" in not backing a horse Gord.

Where does the 10/1 Colour Sergeant come from too? :?

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

TAPK: I have remained quiet long enough :-)
    Ignoring mruknownowt who doesn’t count I am shocked that you are bothering to get involved in all this tit for tat, surely you can rise above it. For the majority of us we enjoy all your threads as they have differing views and outlooks on a race, obviously we all have our favourites and also those we don’t understand ;-) but at the end of the day we all have one aim – to batter those bookies!!

Can you all not just either get along or agree to either stay off each others threads or merely not antagonise each other constantly!

Heres to positive thinking mate :-)

GDC, Having just read the above post,I agree entirely with you
    BUT, just as I’m about to agree with your every word I see the Ginger haired Stalker has since posted another antaganising post! :roll: I will answer the Ginger haired ones post and rest assured GDC I will leave it at that! Have you noticed how the Ginger haired obsessive has said the same several times himself but has failed to keep his word! :roll: I’ll just show the Ginger haired one where I posted my Ascot Gold cup selection

Colour Vision

at 10/1 and then explain how being the King of foresight saw me backing

Dawn Approach

not for the Dewhurst at a measly 7/2 but for next years 2000gns at 20/1……….There’s definately something not ‘normal’ about this Ginger haired creature!! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Darren I put up

Dawn Approach

winning the ‘Dewhurst’ straight after his ‘Coventry’ victory! Now if thats not Foresight then what is? I was offered 7/2 by Corals but never took it as I felt it was a little Shy! Hindsight shows I should have! :oops:

Not much "foresight" in not backing a horse Gord.

Where does the 10/1 Colour Sergeant come from too? :?

Ginge,you been on the Ginger Beer? Its

Colour Vision

!!! :roll:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I believe this

Colour Vision

will have improved again for his Kempton romp and is certainly a better horse than the one that

Fame and Glory

beat last Autumn,he’s my Gold cup horse.

Well it doesn’t get much clearer than that Ginge! :roll: :roll: but I’ll find more……..Just for you!xx

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

My tips so far for Ascot are below any thoughts?

DIMENSION 12/1 hunt cup

MOONLIGHT CLOUD 10/1 Golden jubillie

CIRRUS DES AIGLES.Prince of wales

SEA MOON.Hardwicke

WIZZ KID King stands

WAFFLE 20/1 Wokingham

FAME AND GLORY 11/4 Gold cup

Oh look Ginger haired Stalking creature,here’s another post proving you are wasting your time trying to make me look the dick you are making yourself look!
    That GDC is my last word on the subject! Scouts honour! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

I believe this

Colour Vision

will have improved again for his Kempton romp and is certainly a better horse than the one that

Fame and Glory

beat last Autumn,he’s my Gold cup horse.

Well it doesn’t get much clearer than that Ginge! :roll: :roll: but I’ll find more……..Just for you!xx

Perfectly clear Gord. Is just mentioning a horse’s name enough now? This could be taken as you are thinking of backing Colour Vision at a later date, not neccessarily backed it before then. ie It could be a bet or not a bet. Indeed 10/1 was

never mantioned

until it had long

disappeared

. Doesn’t stop you claiming credit for 10/1 Colour Vision. It’s called aftertiming.

Value Is Everything
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

I think we might have seen a good horse or two. That

Zeyran

travelled like a good’un before running out of puff and I also liked

Personable

in the first.

First Mohican

must have a squeak if he runs in the Nov handicap and it stays soft. I liked the track too mate!

Judging by that Horris Hill we definitely DID see at least one good one! Tawhid very impressive.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Ok Gord – a new crop, a new battle! Are you ready?!

I don’t think Dawn Approach is a good bet in the Guineas and I don’t much fancy Trading Leather either!

Lets start with the easy one. Trading Leather was not quoted by any of the main firms simply because he beat very little and has a long long way to go before he can even be considered classic material. I watched the race last night and was not as impressed as I thought I might be having read what you wrote. Yes he won by 7 lengths but was quite vigorously ridden to do so. I would have to see him race against better horses before getting excited and would rate him a 50-1 shot (or 48.6-1 if I was to use Ginge’s percentages which I have now studied and learnt :wink: )

There’s the gauntlet my friend!!! :)

33’s available now Gord. Looked a one paced donkey I’m afraid. No X factor I think I said.

Unlike today’s winner hey?! Wouldn’t be surprised to see him have a dash at the Guineas taking down your last hope in the process.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Ok Gord – a new crop, a new battle! Are you ready?!

I don’t think Dawn Approach is a good bet in the Guineas and I don’t much fancy Trading Leather either!

Lets start with the easy one. Trading Leather was not quoted by any of the main firms simply because he beat very little and has a long long way to go before he can even be considered classic material. I watched the race last night and was not as impressed as I thought I might be having read what you wrote. Yes he won by 7 lengths but was quite vigorously ridden to do so. I would have to see him race against better horses before getting excited and would rate him a 50-1 shot (or 48.6-1 if I was to use Ginge’s percentages which I have now studied and learnt :wink: )

There’s the gauntlet my friend!!! :)

33’s available now Gord. Looked a one paced donkey I’m afraid. No X factor I think I said.

Unlike today’s winner hey?! Wouldn’t be surprised to see him have a dash at the Guineas taking down your last hope in the process.

Trading Leather

hated the ground Joni,he was all at sea and still looked weak imo. You will see a different 3yo over 11/2m on proper summer ground,I’ll be nibbling away at the 33’s over the winter! :wink:

Kingsbarns

definately looks a danger to my

Dawn Approach

in the 2000gns though,its taken all season for a pretender to throw down the gauntlet and the volume of money that has surrounded this fellow recently suggests he’s a serious colt, however his breeding looks more Derby than Guineas but if he turns up at Newmarket in May he’ll be a player.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Interesting Ante-Post markets for both the 2000 guineas and Derby after todays Racing Post trophy,Ladbrokes offer 8/1 about

Kingsbarns

Derby chances,others go as short as 3/1.

Trading Leather

on the other hand is only 12/1 with Ladbrokes but as big as 33/1 elsewhere,over a 11/2m next summer there wont be much between the pair of them.Ladbrokes aren’t offering a price about todays winner for the Guineas but Corals 7/1 looks too big! At last there’s a serious danger to

Dawn Approach

!! :evil:

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Maybe it was just the ground Gord but he looked short of the required class to me. Outpaced early on and was first one beaten. Might make a decent hurdler one day though. :lol:

The winner looks nice and has a touch of class – more so than the laboured Dawn Approach. I can see him quickening clear from the dip just as yours starts to get going. :wink:

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Interesting Ante-Post markets for both the 2000 guineas and Derby after todays Racing Post trophy,Ladbrokes offer 8/1 about

Kingsbarns

Trading Leather

on the other hand is only 12/1 with Ladbrokes but as big as 33/1 elsewhere,over a 11/2m next summer there wont be much between the pair of them.

They hadn’t updated Gord – 20’s now.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Gord i think MARS and TELESCOPE horses to beat at Epsom they are they still see MARS has there number one horse they do.

Any thoughts on the 2nd today for 2000 guineas he flew home today

Any thoughts on FOR NON STOP as you know i got him at 16/1 for paddy power but i don’t think he do the same in a few weeks time i think him winning like that today he may run flat cheltenham.Happy he won today as i got 5/1

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Any thoughts on FOR NON STOP as you know i got him at 16/1 for paddy power but i don’t think he do the same in a few weeks time i think him winning like that today he may run flat cheltenham.Happy he won today as i got 5/1

Superb result today for you darren,as soon as I saw the decs I thought of you and your

For Non Stop

. His victory today was impressive and he has to be a major player in the Paddy Power Gold cup.Trouble is I’m all over

Grand Crus

for the same race and these two have a bit of history………History that favours the Pipe horse and after todays result your fellow wont be getting a pound off mine,both horses trade around the 5/1 mark for Cheltenham in November and even though ‘For Non Stop’ has boosted the ‘Sir Des Champs’ form I’m still of the opinion ‘Grand Crus’ is the Classier of the 2,he’ll win the Paddy Power en route to winning this years King George………No Gold Cup horse though! :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Kingsbarns

Trading Leather

on the other hand is only 12/1 with Ladbrokes but as big as 33/1 elsewhere,over a 11/2m next summer there wont be much between the pair of them.

Joni,I usually let the dust settle before I go jumping in but having stated myself for sometime that

Trading Leather

is very ground dependant it was re-assuring to hear that Jim Bolger says he just didn’t handle todays conditions,No surprise for such a big long striding sort that he is,he points his toe like the winner curls his so I’m not overly dissapointed.Obviously its always nice to have a horse that handles everything as that gets rid of any concerns about what Mother nature will throw at you come the day of reckoning.I’m confident enough to take the 33/1 with Corals about this fellow taking the route to Epsom next year,if he does he will be doing it with the knowledge that his Sire

Teofilo

‘should’ have been doing the same thing 5 yrs ago!
    Joni,if you fancy putting your money where your mouth is I’ll have a private wager with you that

Trading Leather

runs in next years Derby rather than the Triumph hurdle you suggest ‘my donkey’ should run in!! :lol:

Trading Leather

£50 e/w 33/1 Corals Derby 2013

£9850

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Seriously impressed with For Non Stop.

Gord a question on Trading Leather – do you think Bolger has over-raced him? Made his debut early September and already having his 4th race, this one coming after a tough battle last week. I know he does this with all his horses and one or two can handle it but many can’t and some never find their form again. Couldn’t see a Cecil, Stoute or O’Brien Derby horse having this much racing.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Kingsbarns

Trading Leather

Joni,I usually let the dust settle before I go jumping in but having stated myself for sometime that

Trading Leather

is very ground dependant it was re-assuring to hear that Jim Bolger says he just didn’t handle todays conditions,No surprise for such a big long striding sort that he is,he points his toe like the winner curls his so I’m not overly dissapointed.Obviously its always nice to have a horse that handles everything as that gets rid of any concerns about what Mother nature will throw at you come the day of reckoning.I’m confident enough to take the 33/1 with Corals about this fellow taking the route to Epsom next year,if he does he will be doing it with the knowledge that his Sire

Teofilo

‘should’ have been doing the same thing 5 yrs ago!
    Joni,if you fancy putting your money where your mouth is I’ll have a private wager with you that

Trading Leather

runs in next years Derby rather than the Triumph hurdle you suggest ‘my donkey’ should run in!! :lol:

Trading Leather

£50 e/w 33/1 Corals Derby 2013

I won’t take you up on that Gord as I think he WILL run in the Derby………………as Dawn Approach’s pacemaker! :lol:

Viewing 17 posts - 1,004 through 1,020 (of 2,437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.