The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Viewing 17 posts - 987 through 1,003 (of 2,437 total)
  • Author
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

And gord where do you rate Frankel in terms of being the best horse ever. i been following racing since 2008 so did not see other greats where would you rate FRANKEL in terms of Zarkava and Sea The Stars out of the 3 who is the better horse.

Is this question a wind up or have you not been reading this forum for the last 2 years?

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

And gord where do you rate Frankel in terms of being the best horse ever. i been following racing since 2008 so did not see other greats where would you rate FRANKEL in terms of Zarkava and Sea The Stars out of the 3 who is the better horse.

Is this question a wind up or have you not been reading this forum for the last 2 years?

Now then Joni,you know I have a ‘special’ relationship with Darren,I’m quite protective of him you know and wont let Bullies like ‘Ginge’ criticise him,he is actually only 2nd to myself when it comes to ‘Foresight’!! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Its well documented on here that my Derby horse is

Trading Leather

,its also common knowledge that ‘Battle of Marengo’ beat him easily at Leopardstown 7 weeks ago,I hope both take their chance in Saturdays Group 1 Racing Post Trophy as I really cant believe Bookmakers go as short as 7/4 the O’Brien horse,9/2 the Bolger horse,one thing is an absolute certainty over a 11/2m as 3yo’s ‘Trading Leather’ will come out on top so as much as I fancy my fellow on Saturday and winning this prestigous event has a fine Derby stat attached to it,I’ll sleep well over the winter knowing ‘Trading Leather’ has more scope than anything in the race,Soft ground will rule my horse out too so I’ve got to hold fire on unleashing my Guns!

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Now then Joni,you know I have a ‘special’ relationship with Darren,I’m quite protective of him you know and wont let Bullies like ‘Ginge’ criticise him,he is actually only 2nd to myself when it comes to ‘Foresight’!! :lol:

What makes you think you’re in front of Darren. :wink:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

What makes you think you’re in front of Darren. :wink:

On Ante-Post betting alone I’m ahead of Everyone,I think you should spend the next 3 weeks trolling through all my legendary posts on here if you doubt that…….3 weeks might not be long enough when I think about it mind! :wink:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Gord am sure you agree on this year from a Ante post standpoint i been best member on here you know like bets below :)

Also Joni no wind up as well being serious am comparing him with Zarkava and Sea The Stars

SIR DES CHAMPS 12/1 Jewson
    SIMONSIG 14/1 Neptune
    WAS 25/1 Oaks
    CAMELOT 25/1 Derby

Chuck in the fact i was going on about these horses before SDC jump a fence and Simonsig went over a hurdle. and you said WAS had no chance in the oaks

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Gord am sure you agree on this year from a Ante post standpoint i been best member on here you know like bets below :)

Also Joni no wind up as well being serious am comparing him with Zarkava and Sea The Stars

SIMONSIG 14/1 Neptune
    WAS 25/1 Oaks
    CAMELOT 25/1 Derby

Chuck in the fact i was going on about these horses before SDC jump a fence and Simonsig went over a hurdle. and you said WAS had no chance in the oaks

HRH Darren, the true Ante-Post King! :wink:

Value Is Everything
    MrUnoHugh
    • Total Posts 146

I’m beginning to have my suspicions to whether Darren is actually TAPK, this forum does your mental health no good!

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

If you belive that Mr uno then i think your mental health is no good i am Darren

Gord and other members what you guys think of money on KINGSBARNS
    was 6/1 Coral last night now been smashed into as low as 2/1 and 5/2 with Coral.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

SIMONSIG 14/1 Neptune
    WAS 25/1 Oaks
    CAMELOT 25/1 Derby

HRH Darren, the true Ante-Post King! :wink:

Sorry to P*ss on your Fireworks guys but TAPK legendary King of foresight put all these up this year too;- Weeks prior to race stated! :wink:

HEY BIG SPENDER

12/1 Warwick chase 1 week

CALGARY BAY

14/1 Sky bet chase. 4 weeks

SYNCHRONISED

16/1 Gold Cup. 6 weeks

SUNNYHILLBOY

16/1 Kim Muir. 4 weeks

SIR DES CHAMPS

12/1 Jewson. 8 weeks

CAMELOT

6/1 2000 gns. 20 weeks

COLOUR VISION

10/1 Gold Cup 5 weeks

DAWN APPROACH

7/2 Dewhurst. 12 weeks

and collected good place money on all these too

First Lieutenant

25/1 RSA. 24 weeks

Get me out of here

16/1 Coral cup. 12 weeks

Darlan

12/1 ‘Supreme’ 4 weeks

Medermit

20/1 Ryanair. 20 weeks.

Kumbeshwar

16/1 Grand annual 8 weeks

Sunnyhill Boy

40/1 Grand National 8 weeks

Fury

20/1 Lincoln 6 weeks

Regal Parade

40/1 Ayr Gold cup 2 weeks

Shirocco Star

66/1 Oaks 40 weeks

Awesome prices at what I do best! :wink:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Gord there was not a market for dewhurst untill 5days before the race.And i remember you saying you regret not taking a 7/2 price on him winning dewhurst after Ascot Think you posted this after national stakes.

Also ew do not count no credit if a horse comes 2nd all about winners it is. am sure Ginge would agree on this. i did not put
    THE FUGUE at 33/1 as one of my bets has it did not win it was 3rd.

Any thoughts on money for Kingsbarns very rare this lot supplement a 2yo for a group one and been hammerd in price.

Also did you seen any of Paul Nicholls maiden hurdle winners like the 2 today and MR MOLE from yesterday.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord there was not a market for dewhurst untill 5days before the race.And i remember you saying you regret not taking a 7/2 price on him winning dewhurst after Ascot Think you posted this after national stakes.

Also ew do not count no credit if a horse comes 2nd all about winners it is. am sure Ginge would agree on this. i did not put
    THE FUGUE at 33/1 as one of my bets has it did not win it was 3rd.

Any thoughts on money for Kingsbarns very rare this lot supplement a 2yo for a group one and been hammerd in price.

Also did you seen any of Paul Nicholls maiden hurdle winners like the 2 today and MR MOLE from yesterday.

Darren I put up

Dawn Approach

winning the ‘Dewhurst’ straight after his ‘Coventry’ victory! Now if thats not Foresight then what is? I was offered 7/2 by Corals but never took it as I felt it was a little Shy! Hindsight shows I should have! :oops: Its not ‘all’ about Winners though is it? If you are collecting from a 66/1 shot being placed then I’m happy,not as happy as I would be if it had won but still happy that I had made a profit and actually happy it even ran. I haven’t seen any racing today as I’ve been re-furbishing an outside toilet for a Customer,I took the old one out and incredibly dropped my bloody Mobile phone down the ‘Poo-Pipe’ going underground,We opened the nearest Manhole and blasted the Pipe with a Power Washer to encourage my ‘Empire’ to come out the other end…….Alas No such luck,Sh*t everywhere and I mean everywhere,of course had my phone popped out the other end instead of a ‘Turd battalion’ I would have been happy.Now I’m phoneless! :twisted:

• Total Posts 1533

Gord why do you like FINN MCCOLL breeding so much he was meant to race vs Kingbarns. but Joseph picked other horse instead so may not be forward enough yet.

At this stage of an unraced 2yo’s career the breeding is about all we can gauge their potential from and this

Finn McCool

is bred to be a Derby Horse,his sire won the 2001 Derby and his Dams sire won the 1978 event,his dam herself stayed every yard of 11/2m and having always had a soft spot for the ‘Fittocks stud’fillies then this fellow is for watching imo.I bet you cant remember the name of the first ‘Fittocks stud’ filly who made a name for herself Darren,she beat a proper Guineas filly in ‘Al Bahathri’in her day! :wink:

Frankel

is not the best horse ever,

Dancing Brave

is! :wink: I dont even compare the 3 you name as over 11/2m we really wouldn’t know who’d win as we have nothing to gauge ‘Frankel’ on formlines with,

Sea the stars

and

Zarkava

wouldn’t have half a length seperating them though over that trip imo.

Is this a comedy show? You can’t judge Frankel V Sea the Stars V Zarkava but you can judge Dancing Brave V Frankel :lol: Keep em coming Gord u put em up I’ll shoot em down

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

"Hurdygurdyman":zpf9wq7x wrote:

Is this a comedy show? You can’t judge Frankel V Sea the Stars V Zarkava but you can judge Dancing Brave V Frankel :lol: Keep em coming Gord u put em up I’ll shoot em down

There is an element of Comedy in a lot of my Posts Fisty but when ‘I’m Deadly Serious’ I’m just that!………Aah you remember? :lol:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Gord any thoughts on racingpost trophy and this gamble on KINGSBARNS was 6/1 now 7/4 i got 5/2 i think he will win myself

And you seen any replays of MR MOLE,EASTER SUN yet too.

GDC
    • Total Posts 939

TAPK: I have remained quiet long enough :-)
    Ignoring mruknownowt who doesn’t count I am shocked that you are bothering to get involved in all this tit for tat, surely you can rise above it. For the majority of us we enjoy all your threads as they have differing views and outlooks on a race, obviously we all have our favourites and also those we don’t understand ;-) but at the end of the day we all have one aim – to batter those bookies!!

Can you all not just either get along or agree to either stay off each others threads or merely not antagonise each other constantly!

Heres to positive thinking mate :-)

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

TAPK: I have remained quiet long enough :-)
    Ignoring mruknownowt who doesn’t count I am shocked that you are bothering to

get involved in all this tit for tat

, surely you can rise above it.

He was the one who started it GDC. :lol:

Value Is Everything
Viewing 17 posts - 987 through 1,003 (of 2,437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.