The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Viewing 17 posts - 970 through 986 (of 2,437 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Well I kept my 100% record intact anyway! :twisted: Thats all 14 runs I’ve bet against him now and all 14 I failed in! Brilliant stuff from TAPK,only I could do that! :lol: Pleased for connections,King Henry, Prince Khaled, Lord Grim and of course Jonibake.Well done all,

Frankel

was most definately the one that got away for me,there was only ever one good Ante-Post opportunity to nail this fellow and that was the 2010 2000gns,I looked at the 12/1,looked again at 10/1 and ****** up.Well and truly! Onwards and upwards!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

My last wager today is on

Compton

,like I said last night I think this fellow is still on the upgrade over a course and ground that will suit,what price to finish in the places yet again me wonders!

Compton

£100 e/w 14/1 Bet365 Ascot 4,45pm

£9750

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

I cant decide between

Maarek

8/1 and

Sirius Prospect

at 12/1,I’ve bought ‘Society Rock’ this year but at 3/1 I’ll take a chance he throws his dummy out early on.

When there are two horses at those prices where you can’t decide between the two… back ’em both. 8/1 and 12/1 pays just under 9/2. No need to leave the race alone. :wink: 1st and 3rd. :shock:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I cant decide between

Maarek

8/1 and

Sirius Prospect

at 12/1,I’ve bought ‘Society Rock’ this year but at 3/1 I’ll take a chance he throws his dummy out early on.

When there are two horses at those prices where you can’t decide between the two… back ’em both. 8/1 and 12/1 pays just under 9/2. No need to leave the race alone. :wink: 1st and 3rd. :shock:

You dont say Ginge! Just because I didn’t tell you I had a S*it last night doesn’t mean I didn’t have one today! :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

So put the bet up on your thread Gord, don’t keep the winners to yourself. :wink:

Value Is Everything
    • Total Posts 1533

I’m sitting her laughing my head off at you two. :P

Gord say he knows he’s running for 2nd at best and has 150 quid ew on Nathaniel.

Had he been 2nd he would have won 210 quid for 300 invested but had he done the sensible thing his return would have been + 570 quid backing him for a place only.

Of all the horses in the world to oppose Ginge you oppose Frankel and you come on here like you actually know what your doing.

Both of you back in September 2010 suggested opposing him in the Guineas Gordon saying he looked like a square box despite the fact he had backed the same square box at33/1 to win the Derby and Ginge in his wisdom told everyone how good he was then suggested Frankel as a saver and Dream Ahead as the main bet……… :roll: That value is a killer at times

On the same thread my very words were

Sept 2010 Fist said

"This horse IMVHO could topple Sea Bird II as the highest rated horse of all time"

That raised a few laughs but they ain’t laughing now.

You are both good at times sometimes even outstanding although my vote as a good judge would go to Gord who has tipped some amazing winner without backing half the field….but then Ginge never fails to make a few bob but will never be rich whereas Gord is very likely to have a huge lift one day by doubling some of his uncanny selection and cleaning some poor bookie out.

However sometime you both talk so much shyte and make bets that no sane person would ever consider and it’s laughable.

Nice to see we are all getting on a bit better and that you have both accepted I am the Greatest tipster in the world? I did mention that before didn’t I? Can’t have you guys forgetting :mrgreen:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’m sitting her laughing my head off at you two. :P

Gord say he knows he’s running for 2nd at best and has 150 quid ew on Nathaniel.

Had he been 2nd he would have won 210 quid for 300 invested but had he done the sensible thing his return would have been + 570 quid backing him for a place only.

Of all the horses in the world to oppose Ginge you oppose Frankel and you come on here like you actually know what your doing.

Both of you back in September 2010 suggested opposing him in the Guineas Gordon saying he looked like a square box despite the fact he had backed the same square box at33/1 to win the Derby and Ginge in his wisdom told everyone how good he was then suggested Frankel as a saver and Dream Ahead as the main bet……… :roll: That value is a killer at times

On the same thread my very words were

Sept 2010 Fist said

"This horse IMVHO could topple Sea Bird II as the highest rated horse of all time"

That raised a few laughs but they ain’t laughing now.

You are both good at times sometimes even outstanding although my vote as a good judge would go to Gord who has tipped some amazing winner without backing half the field….but then Ginge never fails to make a few bob but will never be rich whereas Gord is very likely to have a huge lift one day by doubling some of his uncanny selection and cleaning some poor bookie out.

However sometime you both talk so much shyte and make bets that no sane person would ever consider and it’s laughable.

Nice to see we are all getting on a bit better and that you have both accepted I am the Greatest tipster in the world? I did mention that before didn’t I? Can’t have you guys forgetting :mrgreen:

Like myself,you have a wicked sense of humour ‘Fist’ so I’ve learnt over the years to forgive your ‘nonsense’ and respect your judgement.Your high point undoubtedly

Dont push it

winning the Grand National at all those fancy prices is basically what its all about imo.Loved that one mate well done again……..However for your one big moment in time (Whitney) I’ve had at least a dozen! :wink: Now for all Ginges criticism of my threads,(He now realises that Everyone ends in profit)he fails to realise that it only takes One of my legendary Ante-Post coups to come off and there are several on going then surprise surprise its in profit again! My problem with trying to run a topical thread about Horse racing is I dont just discuss the merits of A,B,C etc in a race,I’ll discuss absolutely anything! Now everyone knows (Except the Ginger one) that I dont include my Betfair activity on here as its impossible to say I’m going to lay one in running at 1/3 as it may never touch those odds,just like I said I’ll back ‘Mad Moose’ in running because I knew he’s such a Fruitcake that he may refuse to comply,surprise surprise he did just that! I can take being called all the ‘Aftertiming King’ all day as I only do it to paint a picture of how a race went,yesterdays Cheltenham run of

Galaxy Rock

proves just that,I’d put him up on here as a solid 10/1 chance but because I’d backed him on the machine I never put the bet up but as Ginge says himself he can be a bit of a thinker,I knew that so was well prepared for him kidding us on he was travelling all over everything,AP spent more time looking round than usual which certainly gave me the impression he was going to run away with it but at 2/5 I laid him off to cover my stake so my 10/1 winner still became a 19/2 winner should he prevail,backing him at 5/2 to place only still ensured a profit too.I did exactly the same after putting

Maarek

and

Sirius Prospect

up except on the machine I’d got 10’s and 16’s,2’s and 7/2 to place but because I dont include winners from Betfair they dont get included on here.It only affects the profit/loss of my threads and that at the end of the day is what we get judged on so if by some miracle this one ends up in the Red after its years up its only going to match my face,somehow I just dont see that happening though! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

You are both good at times sometimes even outstanding although my vote as a

Great judge would go to Gord

who has tipped some amazing winners without backing half the field….but then Ginge never fails to make a few bob but will never be rich whereas Gord is very likely to have a huge lift one day by doubling some of his uncanny selection and cleaning some poor bookie out.

I think EVERYONE knows that mate but thanks all the same! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :lol:

• Total Posts 1533

:lol: We all make boobs we don’t like to talk about and I doubt if anyone on here only has they bets they post.

I wanna talk about value do you wanna talk about value? could be interesting :) In fact I here it could be everything

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

:lol: We all make boobs we don’t like to talk about and I doubt if anyone on here only has the bets they post.

I wanna talk about value do you wanna talk about value? could be interesting :) In fact I here it could be everything

‘Value’ is No more than a 5 letter word mate that means only what the user intends it to mean to suit there own agenda! A 25/1 shot backed into 5/1 that runs last is actually No Value not even if you’ve backed it 12 months in advance and dont mention

Dawn Approach

either! :lol: .However a 25/1 shot backed into 5/1 that returns a place profit is Excellent Value,should the horse win then its a Brilliant bit of Foresight that incorporates the Value in the price taken early.The opposite end of the scale shows 1/3 could still be construed as Value to some,those who thought the unbeaten ‘Frankel’ couldn’t lose yesterday could have had £10k in running to win £3k
    and there’s No way anyone can return that sort of profit for 2 mins work,you certainly wouldn’t get it from a Bank after a year! Like I say Value is simply in the eye of the beholder.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I couldn’t help but chuckle to myself as the news of the Dettori/Godolphin split hits the Bookmakers! :roll: Why on earth have they all slashed the Italians odds to become Champion Jockey next year,a title he hasn’t won for about 10 bloody years.He’s 42 yr old next so rest assured Frankie will be winding down not up,he’s got No incentive whatsoever to win another Jockeys Championship,christ he can barely make the effort to come to Nottingham these days! Frankie without doubt is the Ambassador of ambassadors for Racing Worldwide and has been for years but there’s more chance of AP Mccoy losing a Championship race than Frankie winning one and there’s No chance of that! :roll:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Bloody hell I’ve only just noticed

Get me out of here

won a 4 horse race at 2/1 today beating the ‘Over-rated’ 161 ‘Brampour! :twisted: I think those that know me know I’d have lumped on today,particularly knowing Jonjo’s horses are in form! :twisted:

MrUnoHugh
    • Total Posts 146

Bloody hell I’ve only just noticed

Get me out of here

won a 4 horse race at 2/1 today beating the ‘Over-rated’ 161 ‘Brampour! :twisted: I think those that know me know I’d have lumped on today,particularly knowing Jonjo’s horses are in form! :twisted:

Just claim it anyway mate, add it to your portfolio because no one’s really going to notice unless you’re Gingertipster and have 24 hours in your day to scroll through the archives :D

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Like myself,you have a wicked sense of humour ‘Fist’ so I’ve learnt over the years to forgive your ‘nonsense’ and respect your judgement.Your high point undoubtedly

Dont push it

winning the Grand National at all those fancy prices is basically what its all about imo.Loved that one mate well done again……..However for your one big moment in time (Whitney) I’ve had at least a dozen! :wink:

And for every ante-post loser Fist and I have… The King has a hundred.

:lol:

Now for all Ginges criticism of my threads,(He now realises that Everyone ends in profit)he fails to realise that it only takes One of my legendary Ante-Post coups to come off and there are several on going then surprise surprise its in profit again!

I do not understand why every punter can’t make a profit in every thread they start. All they have to do is put the odd massive bet on to win the whole lot back. After all, in the vast majority of occasions they’re only playing in mythical money anyway. :wink: Not that I am saying you are doing so Gord.

My problem with trying to run a topical thread about Horse racing is I dont just discuss the merits of A,B,C etc in a race,I’ll discuss absolutely anything! Now everyone knows (Except the Ginger one) that I dont include my Betfair activity on here as its impossible to say I’m going to lay one in running at 1/3 as it may never touch those odds,just like I said I’ll back ‘Mad Moose’ in running because I knew he’s such a Fruitcake that he may refuse to comply,surprise surprise he did just that! I can take being called all the ‘Aftertiming King’ all day as I only do it to paint a picture of how a race went,yesterdays Cheltenham run of

Galaxy Rock

proves just that,I’d put him up on here as a solid 10/1 chance but because I’d backed him on the machine I never put the bet up but as Ginge says himself he can be a bit of a thinker,I knew that

Of course you did Gord.

so was well prepared for him kidding us on he was travelling all over everything,AP spent more time looking round than usual which certainly gave me the impression he was going to run away with it but at 2/5 I laid him off to cover my stake so my 10/1 winner still became a 19/2 winner should he prevail,backing him at 5/2 to place only still ensured a profit too.

Of course you did Gord. But had it come nowhere you could also come on here after the event and told us "I didn’t back Galaxy Rock in the end, because as Ginge says, Galaxy Rock is a thinker". And we wouldn’t know any different.

Definition of Aftertiming – "When a person claims to be on the good side of a bet or prediction after the result without proving any evidence before or during the event".

I’ve got no problem believing you Gord, but look at the definition. Even if you came foreward with proof of your Galaxy Rock lay back bet it would still be aftertiming. Would we have heard you’d thrown away part of your profit had Galaxy Rock won? It’s aftertiming.

I did exactly the same after putting

Maarek

and

Sirius Prospect

up except on the machine I’d got 10’s and 16’s,2’s and 7/2 to place but because I dont include winners from Betfair they dont get included on here.It only affects the profit/loss of my threads and that at the end of the day is what we get judged on so if by some miracle this one ends up in the Red after its years up its only going to match my face,somehow I just dont see that happening though! :lol:

Backed both Maarek and Sirius Prospect, thought you were against backing two in a day of race bet. May be you’re learning Gord? :lol: I’ve got no problem you not including Betfair bets if you don’t want to Gord. What gets me though is coming on here and saying you’ve backed horse "A" some time ago @ blah to blah (on betfair) when you know full well that price is no longer available. Aftertiming! Of course we don’t hear any aftertiming when you’ve backed something that’s since drifted.

Immediately after backing something yourself on betfair – What‘s stopping you from coming on here and quoting the current betfair price? You’re already on, it makes no difference to you if the price shortens from others getting on. What’s the point of keeping it to yourself? You don’t have to say how much money’s on, so there’s no need to include it in any profit/loss. If you did this then nobody could think you were aftertiming.
    At the moment although it doesn’t go to any profit/loss, you’re claiming credit for backing horses at prices no longer available or even after the race.

Of course if you truly don’t want to include betfair bets Gord – then don’t include them. ie If you can’t be bothered to quote current prices then don’t mention them.

You’ve even said that despite this dreadful run of losers, your betfair wagers are keeping you in profit. Yet more aftertiming! Would we hear of it if the opposite were true?

So please quit the aftertiming, you don’t need it Gord.

Value Is Everything
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Gord why do you like FINN MCCOLL breeding so much he was meant to race vs Kingbarns. but Joseph picked other horse instead so may not be forward enough yet.

And gord where do you rate Frankel in terms of being the best horse ever. i been following racing since 2008 so did not see other greats where would you rate FRANKEL in terms of Zarkava and Sea The Stars out of the 3 who is the better horse.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Dont push it

winning the Grand National at all those fancy prices is basically what its all about imo.Loved that one mate well done again……..However for your one big moment in time (Whitney) I’ve had at least a dozen! :wink:

And for every ante-post loser Fist and I have… The King has a hundred.

Now for all Ginges criticism of my threads,(He now realises that Everyone ends in profit)he fails to realise that it only takes One of my legendary Ante-Post coups to come off and there are several on going then surprise surprise its in profit again!

I do not understand why every punter can’t make a profit in every thread they start. All they have to do is put the odd massive bet on to win the whole lot back. After all, in the vast majority of occasions they’re only playing in mythical money anyway. :wink: Not that I am saying you are doing so Gord.

My problem with trying to run a topical thread about Horse racing is I dont just discuss the merits of A,B,C etc in a race,I’ll discuss absolutely anything! Now everyone knows (Except the Ginger one) that I dont include my Betfair activity on here as its impossible to say I’m going to lay one in running at 1/3 as it may never touch those odds,just like I said I’ll back ‘Mad Moose’ in running because I knew he’s such a Fruitcake that he may refuse to comply,surprise surprise he did just that! I can take being called all the ‘Aftertiming King’ all day as I only do it to paint a picture of how a race went,yesterdays Cheltenham run of

Galaxy Rock

proves just that,I’d put him up on here as a solid 10/1 chance but because I’d backed him on the machine I never put the bet up but as Ginge says himself he can be a bit of a thinker,I knew that

Of course you did Gord.

so was well prepared for him kidding us on he was travelling all over everything,AP spent more time looking round than usual which certainly gave me the impression he was going to run away with it but at 2/5 I laid him off to cover my stake so my 10/1 winner still became a 19/2 winner should he prevail,backing him at 5/2 to place only still ensured a profit too.

Of course you did Gord. But had it come nowhere you could also come on here after the event and told us "I didn’t back Galaxy Rock in the end, because as Ginge says, Galaxy Rock is a thinker". And we wouldn’t know any different.

Definition of Aftertiming – "When a person claims to be on the good side of a bet or prediction after the result without proving any evidence before or during the event".

I’ve got no problem believing you Gord, but look at the definition. Even if you came foreward with proof of your Galaxy Rock lay back bet it would still be aftertiming. Would we have heard you’d thrown away part of your profit had Galaxy Rock won? It’s aftertiming.

I did exactly the same after putting

Maarek

and

Sirius Prospect

Backed both Maarek and Sirius Prospect, thought you were against backing two in a day of race bet. May be you’re learning Gord? :lol: I’ve got no problem you not including Betfair bets if you don’t want to Gord. What gets me though is coming on here and saying you’ve backed horse "A" some time ago @ blah to blah (on betfair) when you know full well that price is no longer available. Aftertiming! Of course we don’t hear any aftertiming when you’ve backed something that’s since drifted.

Immediately after backing something yourself on betfair – What‘s stopping you from coming on here and quoting the current betfair price? You’re already on, it makes no difference to you if the price shortens from others getting on. What’s the point of keeping it to yourself? You don’t have to say how much money’s on, so there’s no need to include it in any profit/loss. If you did this then nobody could think you were aftertiming.
    At the moment although it doesn’t go to any profit/loss, you’re claiming credit for backing horses at prices no longer available or even after the race.

Of course if you truly don’t want to include betfair bets Gord – then don’t include them. ie If you can’t be bothered to quote current prices then don’t mention them.

You’ve even said that despite this dreadful run of losers, your betfair wagers are keeping you in profit. Yet more aftertiming! Would we hear of it if the opposite were true?

So please quit the aftertiming, you don’t need it Gord.

OK! :oops:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord why do you like FINN MCCOLL breeding so much he was meant to race vs Kingbarns. but Joseph picked other horse instead so may not be forward enough yet.

And gord where do you rate Frankel in terms of being the best horse ever. i been following racing since 2008 so did not see other greats where would you rate FRANKEL in terms of Zarkava and Sea The Stars out of the 3 who is the better horse.

At this stage of an unraced 2yo’s career the breeding is about all we can gauge their potential from and this

Finn McCool

is bred to be a Derby Horse,his sire won the 2001 Derby and his Dams sire won the 1978 event,his dam herself stayed every yard of 11/2m and having always had a soft spot for the ‘Fittocks stud’fillies then this fellow is for watching imo.I bet you cant remember the name of the first ‘Fittocks stud’ filly who made a name for herself Darren,she beat a proper Guineas filly in ‘Al Bahathri’in her day! :wink:

Frankel

is not the best horse ever,

Dancing Brave

is! :wink: I dont even compare the 3 you name as over 11/2m we really wouldn’t know who’d win as we have nothing to gauge ‘Frankel’ on formlines with,

Sea the stars

and

Zarkava

wouldn’t have half a length seperating them though over that trip imo.

Viewing 17 posts - 970 through 986 (of 2,437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.