The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Viewing 17 posts - 953 through 969 (of 2,437 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

And what about the "I am a professional gambler" bit?

You asking for advice now? :roll: Been there,Done it and got the T shirt! :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

And what about the "I am a professional gambler" bit?

You asking for advice now? :roll: Been there,Done it and got the T shirt! :wink:

… In other words…you’re a failed professional gambler Gord…

Which is why you attacked me.
    Because you’d hate to see someone do better than you did.
    You know I am not a "fake, cheat and charletan" Gord, you just couldn’t stand the thought of me doing something you failed at. Because you’re an egotistal King. You’ve got to be the best and need to knock anyone that you see as a potential rival down.

You called me a "fake" less than two hours hours after I wrote about becoming a professional.

So laugh about my mistake with the two threads all you like Gord. You know I am right,

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Wow just been looking at the prices for tomorrows Champion stakes on Betfair and 1/4

Frankel

seems accurate enough but 20’s about

Nathaniel

is just unreal,this is the horse with the action to get through Heavy ground and the stamina to do just the same.Should we see the Champs achilles heel in that ground then at 20’s ‘Nathaniel’ is just way too big! Nervous times!!

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

Wow just been looking at the prices for tomorrows Champion stakes on Betfair and 1/4

Frankel

seems accurate enough but 20’s about

Nathaniel

is just unreal,this is the horse with the action to get through Heavy ground and the stamina to do just the same.Should we see the Champs achilles heel in that ground then at 20’s ‘Nathaniel’ is just way too big! Nervous times!!

I can see the bookmakers taking on Frankel tomorrow. They have more in their favour than anytime since his debut. The betting ring will not be a place for the faint-hearted.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Tomorrows Champions Day card has to be a case of backing the ‘Heavy’ brigade,I wouldn’t give

Ile de Rei

,7/1 a chance against the Gold Cup horses normally but on this ground its a case of Stamina,stamina,stamina and Donald McCains charge has it in abundance,he’ll be galloping on when others cry enough!
    I cant decide between

Maarek

8/1 and

Sirius Prospect

at 12/1,I’ve bought ‘Society Rock’ this year but at 3/1 I’ll take a chance he throws his dummy out early on.

Shirocco Stars

another I’ve bought this year,she deserves a win of this calibre and with Kieran riding the 9/1 with Corals is generous.
    My Banker tomorrow is

Cityscape

,I’m on at 7’s but 5/1 is still worth the taking,I wouldn’t touch 8/11 the fav with bad money,
    ‘Cityscape’ ticks all my boxes,his 3rd place behind ‘Canford cliffs’ and ‘Goldikova’ over the course still reads well imo.
    I’ve already said the 20’s about

Nathaniel

is way too big so for the 14th consecutive time I’ll lose to ‘Frankel’!! :oops:
    In the last I like the look of

Compton

at 14/1,he’s a progresive 3yo well related to the mudlark ‘Efisio’ and has C/D form to boot.Good luck to all and lets hope ‘Frankel’ gets home safe and sound,Win lose or draw,he’s a bit special!

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Gord did you see replay of RULE THE WORLD yet

Any thoughts on Cheltenham today what you think of the novice chasers from Giggistown stud this year

And what you think of the 2yos from O’Brein yard that be middle distance horses next year. i know you think Bolger win derby.But i think O’Brein will have quite a few horses who be top class next year listed below

MARS
    KINGSBARNS
    BATTLE OF MARENGO
    KINGDOM
    EYE OF THE STORM
    MAGICIAN
    RULER OF THE WORLD
    FINN MCCOOL

The bottom 2 not run yet but i think both be decent horses next year

And last question and any bets at Cheltenham tomorrow.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

You missed the best of ’em Darren :wink:

Dedigout

He be a good horse mate but will he be in same class as SDC,
    Last Instalement i don’t think he will.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Of course he’s no Sir Des Champs Darren, I think we’re in agreement about that :P

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord did you see replay of RULE THE WORLD yet

Any thoughts on Cheltenham today what you think of the novice chasers from Giggistown stud this year

And what you think of the 2yos from O’Brein yard that be middle distance horses next year. i know you think Bolger win derby.But i think O’Brein will have quite a few horses who be top class next year listed below

MARS
    KINGSBARNS
    BATTLE OF MARENGO
    KINGDOM
    EYE OF THE STORM
    MAGICIAN
    RULER OF THE WORLD
    FINN MCCOOL

I watched the replay earlier Darren and my first thoughts were…’He’s the new

Sir des Champs

!! :wink:
    Tomorrow,I’ll be betting the aptly named

Mad Moose

……In running though! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Tomorrows Champions Day card has to be a case of backing the ‘Heavy’ brigade,I wouldn’t give

Ile de Rei

,7/1 a chance against the Gold Cup horses normally but on this ground its a case of Stamina,stamina,stamina and Donald McCains charge has it in abundance,he’ll be galloping on when others cry enough!
    I cant decide between

Maarek

8/1 and

Sirius Prospect

at 12/1,I’ve bought ‘Society Rock’ this year but at 3/1 I’ll take a chance he throws his dummy out early on.

Shirocco Stars

another I’ve bought this year,she deserves a win of this calibre and with Kieran riding the 9/1 with Corals is generous.
    My Banker tomorrow is

Cityscape

,I’m on at 7’s but 5/1 is still worth the taking,I wouldn’t touch 8/11 the fav with bad money,
    ‘Cityscape’ ticks all my boxes,his 3rd place behind ‘Canford cliffs’ and ‘Goldikova’ over the course still reads well imo.
    I’ve already said the 20’s about

Nathaniel

is way too big so for the 14th consecutive time I’ll lose to ‘Frankel’!! :oops:
    In the last I like the look of

Compton

at 14/1,he’s a progresive 3yo well related to the mudlark ‘Efisio’ and has C/D form to boot.Good luck to all and lets hope ‘Frankel’ gets home safe and sound,Win lose or draw,he’s a bit special!

We do agree on some things then TAK, Nathaniel, Cityscape and Maarek. :o

Good luck.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Good luck.

You taking the ‘P’ out of my name now Ginge? :lol:
    Well I’ve been looking at this 3m chase at Cheltenham today and as competitive as it is I cant get away from

Galaxy Rock

at 10/1,he’s had a Pipeopener and Jonjo likes to have a local winner,he’s won around the course off 135 so off todays 137 he has to be a player imo…..What says you?

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Carruthers at 18/1 is tempting but I’ll let him run first time out. How about Knockara Beau with a new jockey at 20/1 :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Good luck.

You taking the ‘P’ out of my name now Ginge? :lol:
    Well I’ve been looking at this 3m chase at Cheltenham today and as competitive as it is I cant get away from

Galaxy Rock

at 10/1,he’s had a Pipeopener and Jonjo likes to have a local winner,he’s won around the course off 135 so off todays 137 he has to be a player imo…..What says you?

I say I’m still in flat mode, haven’t got the foggiest about what’s value. Galaxy Rock is probably well weighted, but whether this will be too quick for him remains to be seen. That 135 win coming over further. Seems to me as if he’s a bit of a thinker too, as so many stayers are. But as you say Gord, acts well on the course. If everything goes well for him has a chance.

Good luck.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

MARS

KINGSBARNS

BATTLE OF MARENGO

KINGDOM

EYE OF THE STORM

MAGICIAN

RULER OF THE WORLD

FINN MCCOOL

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’ve always been a

Cityscape

fan and I’m sure he thrives on his racing so I’m not one of those who believe his busy year will have taken its toll.I hope ‘Carlton House’ doesn’t bloody do me as I’ve always had a soft spot for him and this drop back to a 1m could be the making of him……..I hope not!’Elusive Kate’ should hopefully set this up for me as she can go a clip.I’m not seeing why the favs Odds on but hey thats me! :lol:

Cityscape

£200 win 5/1 Bet365 Ascot 3,30pm

£9700

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’m not seeing why the favs Odds on but hey thats me! :lol:

Wow that was Impressive! And thats what ‘Frankels’ been doing to him all year,Incredible! :oops:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

A string of 2nd places today! :roll: So I’ll be running for 2nd again no doubt in the Champion stakes but I have to stay loyal to my horse

Nathaniel

,I’ve taken 20’s on the machine but also Ladbrokes 12/1 to 2 places,it should be a great spectacle and hopefully we’ll at least get to see the ‘Mighty one’ battle,we’ll see! Mind you after ‘Excelebrations’ romp I’m P*ssing in the wind!

Nathaniel

£150 e/w 12/1 Ladbrokes to 1/5 2 places.

Im going to watch the race with interest on the machine just to see if anyone spots an ‘Achilles’ heel early or are stupid enough to offer 20’s in running when Tom does get serious……..should he have too! Interesting to say the least!!

£10000

Viewing 17 posts - 953 through 969 (of 2,437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.