The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

a few late season possibles!

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks a few late season possibles!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    non vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

here are just a few horses i am looking out for or half looking out for over the next few weeks. i’ve kept the comments very brief and don’t expect them all to win by any means, but they all seem to have something going for them…

QUANTICA (N Tinkler) : 5-6f & rated around 65 – tends to come to form in the autumn, needs soft ground and is on a decent mark now.

SIMPLE IDEALS (Don Enrico Incisa) : 12-16f & rated around 40 – another autumn type almost from the same yard and again on a decent mark. recent runs suggest a gradual return to form and acts on any ground.

ANDY’S ELECTIVE (J Jenkins) : 6-7f & rated around 40 – has struggled to find consistency for most of the past few seasons but looks to be on top of his game now and really ought to win off a very generous looking mark, given going on the fast side of good.

RED MOOR (R Hollinshead) : 8f+ & rated around 50 – unfortunately this 3yo gelding has been off for several weeks now and is probably short of fitness, but has shown plenty of promise in only four starts and currently sits on a low mark from which he ought to be able to win, providing he has matured sufficiently.

that’s all for now i think…

Deany
    • Total Posts 18

NV,

You part of the Quantica plunge today!?!?

Agree might need softer ground!

Writing this before the race, have not backed it, though wouldn’t be laying it, despite the ground!!!<br>

non vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

no, not today deany…

i am pretty much convinced the horse is about 8-10lbs better on ground softer than good.

to be honest, given the number of times it has been pulled out recently, i thought it a probable non-runner!

still interesting if the ground comes up soft but i fear either that isn’t going to happen or if it does the horse has been ear-marked as one with a ‘job’ to do and will start at a silly price!

non vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

slightly bizarrely, following Quantica’s heavily gambled-on second on its first start since i mentioned it, RED MOOR was backed strongly for a low-key handicap at Newmarket (once again none of my money as the horse had been off for far too long) in which it finished well beaten.

no doubt coincidence, but slightly disconcerting none-the-less… are we being watched? the truth is out there (and the truth is probably no)!

just a quick update on the other two, Andy’s Elective has not been entered in anything for a while and seems unlikely to reappear shortly, while Simple Ideals has run a couple of times, performing slightly better than before but not really sparkling (as much as a veteran low-grade staying handicapper could be expected to anyway).

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

Hope u were on Red Moor tonight NV,finally did the biz at 10’s

non vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

eventually – had a couple of quid on it for old times sake, and 50p on the exacta!

the horse is a dog and might improve with experience but has thus far proved horribly inconsistent…

also, Quantica keeps being backed off the boards everytime it runs – or possibly both times it has run – even when clearly not fit as last week. someone somewhere seems certain this is very well in at the moment, so i’m still interested if it manages to turn up fit on soft ground…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.