The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

3 Year Old to watch in 2006?

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks 3 Year Old to watch in 2006?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    IRSHEYEZ
    • Total Posts 223

I know its still early but i was wanderin what 2 year old (now 3) were u really impressed with last year which u think will do very well this season? Don’t post obvious 1s like George Washington Or Flashy WIngs for example.

Michaels Jarvis’s Shelholm really impressed me last year winbning 1st time up, he got himself in alot of trouble in his maiden but still switched wide and won nicely. He looks like a horse who will need a mile and a half but he wont be in the derby as he has benn gelded.<br>Another Horse i am lookin forward to seein is Brian Meehans Judge, he looks like he will come on alot as a 3 year old and wudnt be the worst outsider bet for the derby.

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Nakheel<br>Race for the Stars<br>City of Troy<br>Prince of Light

jackane24
    • Total Posts 444

Sorry – i don’t do horses that aren’t Group 1!!

Nah, joking aside – Eta Draconis. Unraced 3yo by Godolphin tipped to me by somebody and Sheikh Mohammed has said that he is ‘like a machine’ – i’m paraphrasing the last part, but it’s along those lines.

Also, does Pescatorio count as obvious!?!?!

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1877

Two of Elsie’s Classic Punch and Champions Gallery.

Both look like they’ll be useful stayers in time.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Irsh

I really like Shelhom too. Only trouble is he’s joined bin Suroor.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

A few others that probably haven’t appeared on the radar quite as they should have include;

Edaara – W Haggas<br>Arculinge – M Blanshard, looks a well-handicapped sprint prospect<br>Desert D’argent – half-sister to Mana and Winged that showed cracking attitude in nursery at Donny. Still looks well handicapped and should improve upped in trip.<br>River Bravo – Chapple Hyam, reportedly one of his best early season 2-y-o’s didn’t make the track till autumn after the virus held the yard up. Slashed up atWindsor and looks very well treated off 86. <br>Sant Elena G Wragg. well bred filly that easily won her maiden at the second attempt. No luck in running on her debut behind equally promising Queens Pudding (Fanshawe’s reportedly going very well at home). Sant Elena’s BHB mark of 76 grossly underestimates her and I don’t think there is a better thandicapped 3-y-o that raced last year.

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

The big two for me this year are Rumplestiltskin who, going by her performance at Longchamp, will take plenty of beating in the Oaks, and Matuza (Willie Muir). The latter may not be destined for the very top, but he created a big impression when bolstering his debut win with victory at Lingfield and looks a sprinter worth watching.

Shelhom beat a couple of very useful animals in Ordnance Row and Frost Giant, and on ground which was likely to be plenty soft enough (as a son of Green Desert faster ground will surely suit him better). He is definitely one to keep on the right side of.

As is Nakheel. He ran green on debut, when getting the better of Fire Two, before showing a good turn of foot to see off Sir Mark Prescott’s Dream Fantasy (rated 95) in a Listed race at Pontefract. Mark Johnston thinks a hell of a lot of this horse and firmly believes he’ll be competing at the very highest level this season.

The only other three-year-old I’m really looking forward to seeing is Northern Empire (Brian Meehan). He won his maiden by eight lengths or so after a couple of promising runs behind League Champion and Salut D’Amour, and was arguably unlucky when second to Ivan Denisovich in the July Stakes. Jimmy Fortune was at his inept best, reigning Empire back and losing two lengths (each time) in the process.

Just how far a son of Namid will stay I don’t know (seven or eight furlongs doesn’t look too inconceivable), but this one could be a Guineas horse. There’s certainly stamina on the dam’s side anyway, with Rainbow Quest a maternal grand-sire.

(Edited by LetsGetRacing at 1:42 pm on Feb. 28, 2006)

dandan
    • Total Posts 199

Stuart Williams Hogmaneigh, particularly on soft ground ;)

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3185

Your Tent or Mine

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Can’t include american horses. They’ll be crocked after the triple crown.

Salselon
    • Total Posts 883

I’m really looking forward to hopefully seeing Nakheel running in the Guineas.

I didn ‘t fancy George Washington as a type to train on, and rumours are starting to surface about that ( easy to say it now, ;)  )

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Have I converted a few of you closet Nakheel fans?;)

colinf
    • Total Posts 145

Heliostatic of Jim Bolgers.<br>Good second to Horatio Nelson first time and then won a maiden at the Curragh.<br>Will be interested to see where he starts off.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

No sugegstions here that arent obvious…but interesting list DJ

Im wondering which stables will continue to progress too. J Noseda certainly had a year to remember and suspect that that will be built upon

Cheers :)  DJ

IRSHEYEZ
    • Total Posts 223

Probably never see Shelholm again for joining Godolphin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.