2yo summary thread 2019

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks 2yo summary thread 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 108 total)
  • Author
    Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16078

Not the biggest shock to see Ropey Guest well beaten yesterday, but very definitely one to keep in mind for next year.

Cherokee Trail was very impressive, and he’ll surely develop into a smart horse.

TheBluesBrotherTheBluesBrother
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1072

Cherokee Trail was very impressive, and he’ll surely develop into a smart horse.

On the speed figure front, Cherokee Trail earned a figure of 45 with Ropey Guest a pitiful figure of 37.

For the full list download and use the filters.

Flat AW2018_2019: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DDkTSTVlFh3qbylKq8bYYx7ZycOZNoQ8

Jumps NH2018_2019: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1r1FcjEUEFRXIlojKmtcyGH6NIv9nbBdr

Mike.

KevMcKevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1109

Mike, i notice you don’t have figures for the debut wins of Cape Palace & Palace Pier, any figs for those?

Participant
    • Total Posts 1072

Mike, i notice you don’t have figures for the debut wins of Cape Palace & Palace Pier, any figs for those?

There is a known bug in excel where some lines go out of sync when you sort which I had noticed recently, it’s very strange that the 2 horses you mentioned were trained by John Gosden!

Cape Palace – 48
    Palace Pier – 54

Mike.

KevMcKevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1109

I did try the find function also and it didn’t flag up the two of them :unsure: Thanks Mike.

tbracingtbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1342

Enemy of John Gosden looks a smart one, beat a decent Godolphin type at Ascot with the pair coming well clear. Wasn’t given a hard time to win it very much given an experience not going all out. Has Derby entry, possibly a little lofty but he looks smart. The Stoute horse back in 3rd Crystal Pegasus also made a pleasing debut, will come on hugely for a run, Stoute’s debut 2yo’s only strike at 10.89% for debut jumping to 24.89% for having had one run and will be a 3yo project to do much better over further next season.

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16078

I’ve really liked the look of Molatham the last twice.

Looks to have a really good attitude, I’ll be interested in him next season definitely.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1072

On my speed figures, at the Curragh yesterday Pinatubo earned a figure of 94, Frankel as a 2yo was 1lb better at 95

The Interesting thing for me was the RPR of 128 awarded to Pinatubo, this equals the 128 RPR awarded to Kingman as a 3yo, for the record, Kingman earned the highest debut speed figure of 85 as a 2yo.

Mike.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1989

Some lovely newcomers out today potentially worth watching out for.

Sandown- Byzantine Empire, well related and blew his start on debut before running a very nice race. Stoute’s and Appleby’s are also worth watching in it. Could be a decent race.

Over in Naas, Sunday Sweet off a layoff will be interesting to watch, considering the form of her debut. Also in that race Elfin Queen cost a small fortune and Love Locket looks well related as well.

Fancy Blue by Deep Impact, Mazara and Brinjal look nice too. Especially love seeing the Juddmonte colours with Ger Lyons and it being a Kingman! :heart:

Then there’s Battle Of Liege and St James Square…wow!

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8730

Few and far between so far this season Darren but one for the list after her win at Newmarket yesterday…
    Queen Daenerys . a Frankel filly out of a Storm Cat mare….
    early days yet but nice to have a good look at her yesterday in tbe pre parade, paddock and she was especially eye catching going to post.

Progressing in the right direction she could well be a Nell Gwyn contender 2020. :good: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5565

Any views on HIGHEST GROUND 50/1 Derby he is took that with power i know you like your Frankel colts trip to

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5565

CRYSTAL PEGASUS was 2nd last night behind a Gosden filly who still in fillies mile doubt run there though any views on race guys and Frankel colt to in previous posts

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8730

Good luck with your 50/1 Highest Ground Darren for the Derby next year. :good:

He certainly won a classy maiden in style blowing away the Godolphin horse Law Of Peace already on his 3rd outing.

Unlike Queen Daenerys I havent seen this horse in the flesh yet and he has done all that has been asked. Would like for him to have one more run this year to assess him better, if he comes out of stalls better next time he could win by even further…best of luck..Jac :good:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5565

Trip what you think of the 2nd and 3rd in maiden of Queen Daenerys think they progress next year

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8730

What a race that was Darren, best fillies 2yo race of the season. :yahoo:
    Frankel,Kingman and Golden Horn all represented here.

Queen Daenerys was always the standout filly in this race from paddock to post. :good: and although Wasaayef looked as though she was coming back at her at the finish Queen Daenerys was always superior at the finish.
    Looking at both horses action again Queen Daenerys comes out on top for me very reminiscent of Frankel flying over the turf with every hoofbeat. Wasaayef had a flatter action so will prefer ground Good/Firm.

Wasaayef
    was stepping up to the mile which she did get but it was a stiff mile with the uphill finish on the Rowley Mile so definitely one who is going to progress well after this, plus she shouldered a 6lb penalty for her last win.

Golden Pass didn’t get the best of starts and ran very green in the race, she will learn from this and gave a very good account of herself and will progress but at a lower level but can’t see her beating either of the two who finished in front of her last week.
    Jac :rose:

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 108 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.