2yo summary thread 2019

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks 2yo summary thread 2019

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 109 total)
  • Author
    TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8726

What a race that was Darren, best fillies 2yo race of the season. :yahoo:
    Frankel,Kingman and Golden Horn all represented here.

Queen Daenerys was always the standout filly in this race from paddock to post. :good: and although Wasaayef looked as though she was coming back at her at the finish Queen Daenerys was always superior at the finish.
    Looking at both horses action again Queen Daenerys comes out on top for me very reminiscent of Frankel flying over the turf with every hoofbeat. Wasaayef had a flatter action so will prefer ground Good/Firm.

Wasaayef
    was stepping up to the mile which she did get but it was a stiff mile with the uphill finish on the Rowley Mile so definitely one who is going to progress well after this, plus she shouldered a 6lb penalty for her last win.

Golden Pass didn’t get the best of starts and ran very green in the race, she will learn from this and gave a very good account of herself and will progress but at a lower level but can’t see her beating either of the two who finished in front of her last week.
    Jac :rose:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16062

In The Middle Park, at 16’s, I have to be with Lope Y Fernandez. Has to step up again from his G3 the last time,but I think he can, and it looks a fair EW Price.

KrisKris
    Participant
    • Total Posts 472

There were more questions than answers from The Middle Park, and although the Racing Post had it as the best renewal in a generation, I wouldn’t read too much into their view.

I’ll be more than happy to be proved wrong, I’m certainly no expert, but it didn’t look like a race to get too excited about.

Having said that, and contradictorily, I still think that we have an above average crop this year, and the reappearance Of Pinatubo cannot come quick enough. He is by some stretch the most important 2yo I’ve ever seen.

KrisKris
    Participant
    • Total Posts 472

I should also give a mention to Glasvegas again.

For all that it probably wasn’t the type of race that this thread is about, it was nice to see him get his head in front at Hamilton. I hope he continues to improve.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5557

Any views from 2yo races in France while some good races at Newmarket like fillies mile oh sharp stakes with Zetland and Autunm stakes to

tbracingtbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1342

See Convict got his nose in front third time around (saddle slipped 2nd time up), think Haggas might do well by this one next season.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5557

What you guys think of win by KINROSS at Newmarket came home on his own he did

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8726

Hi Darren :bye:
    In answer to your question on Joni’s Thread…I think Kinross is a horse who is going to improve in leaps and bounds over the winter.
    He wasn’t outstanding in the pre parade apart from being very green and neighing all the time ..this was obviously not a negative for him but it put me off backing him :wacko:

One to take out of that race is Aiden O’Briens Vatican City who didnt get the best of runs and has entries in the 2000 Guineas and Derby..

Sorry I don’t really know much more about plans for Kinross next year Darren and hope that helps..Jac :rose:

TheBluesBrotherTheBluesBrother
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1072

Kinross debut speed figure of 62 was very impressive.

There is one 2yo that I am waiting to see run again and that is Roger Varian’s Pierre Lapin, so good do I think that this horse will be in time I will put him up as a group 1 prospect.

Roger Varian didn’t really want to run him at Newbury because he is still on the weak side, his speed figure of 70 certainly made me sit up and take notice.

2018 Flat turf: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Mp22BGgjGZ26nolq0qp91FIs_VWnW_mA

AW2018_2019: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DDkTSTVlFh3qbylKq8bYYx7ZycOZNoQ8

Mike.

KevMcKevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1100

Mike, Any figure for Kinross that bolted up at Newmarket on Saturday? He looks a proper tool to my eye.

EDIT – Just seen you posted about him above haha :good:

robnorthrobnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4244

Tbracing mentioned CONVICT who ran second at York at the weekend. Looks to have some growing to do and should be all the better for another winter behind him. Half-brother to Hamish who has turned into a Pattern class 3yo this term.

ART POWER floated over the soft ground to win at York on Friday. A neat sort who will bulk out a bit for next year and won with any amount in hand.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5557

Trip any views on 2yo races seen at Newmarket last week

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16062

Hong Kong is one I will definitely be interested in next year. I liked the way he did it today at Naas.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1982

Dazza, i didn’t have a huge view on any of the 2yo races from Newmarket.

Iberia this weekend was quite disappointing, i have to admit i was surprised to see him take his chance back over 7f as i thought he was in need of further already. Still a poor race he should’ve been good enough to win IMO.

Some nice races at Newmarket Trip pointed out on Joni’s thread.

Interesting to see Mulryan better known for City Island to have one entered. Also Almighwar is superbly bred!!

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8726

Hi Darren
    Just looking back at the Horris Hill run at Newmarket this year on Saturday 2nd November and have to give a big thumbs up to the winner….
    KENZAI WARRIOR
    who looked amazing in the paddock, you could see your face in his coat a really handsome colt :heart: and going to post he also took the eye.

He won the race in great style in atrocious conditions and is a definite 2000 Guineas contender for Roger Teal.
    Unbeaten this season in two runs Kenzai Warrior had previously beaten another 2yo that must be followed in 2020…
    MAX VEGA easy winner of the Zetland Stakes at Newmarket on 12th October.

Would be interested in TBB’s views on Kenzai Warrior and Max Vega both look to have a great 2020 season ahead of them.
    Jac
    :rose:

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 109 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.