The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

2021 Commonwealth Cup

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot Archive Royal Ascot 2021 2021 Commonwealth Cup

Viewing 8 posts - 52 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    TROY111
    Participant
    • Total Posts 280

Did Dettori stop riding? NOOOOOOOOOOO, they will win the appeal :yahoo: :yahoo:

Participant
    • Total Posts 3442

Murphy’s big mistake was switching his whip to his left hand after already causing interference. Dettori may not have stopped riding but he lost ground by being taken across.
    They would have very little chance at an appeal, be surprised if they make one.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

Cant see how it shouldn’t have been reversed

The interference definitely cost the runner up more than the very small winning distance

As I said before the issue is the other results not being changed not this one being reversed

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7768

The other point to make is that when the Murphy horse veered across the track he also lost ground as the horse isn’t running straight. The veering of the Murphy horse wasn’t deliberate, as horses can run green. Murphy momentarily stopped his horse’s momentum again by changing his whip hand, and Dettori never stop riding at any stage. How the stewards can categorically be certain that if both horses ran in a straight line the Dettori horse would DEFINITELY have won, I have no idea. These sort of mishaps happen often at other tracks and they don’t get changed because there is reasonable doubt. Murphy could’ve changed his whip to the other hand a bit quicker but horses don’t get demoted for that usually in so many cases, the jockey typically gets a ban. Not clear cut enough for me to change it.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

Thats neither here nor there mike and can’t be taken into account

The facts are that campanelle was pushed miles off a straight line by dragon symbol

You cant say well dragon symbol lost himself ground too so its fine, if that’s the logic you’re using you are punishing the horse who got impeded not the horse that did the impeding

Murphy took way too long to change his whip as well

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

I think you can say for definite that if dragon symbol had drifted like he did and campanelle had not been interfered she would’ve won

It definitely cost her more than the short winning distance

If hed won by half a length then it becomes debatable

Devonian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 174

Which was the best horse is not a relevant consideration for the stewards.

All of Wesley Ward’s runners this week have been tying up in the closing stages and I am not convinced Campanelle was going to get home even with a clear run.

All that said there was significant interference here and Oisin did not take the right action.

It was a tough decision but I think the stewards got it right.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6657

Tbf campanelle ran in the mile race at the breeders cup so staying 6f is not a problem

If she was flagging at the end it was likely due it being her first run since November

Hopefully we get to see them clash again

Viewing 8 posts - 52 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.