2019 Gold Cup

Home Forums Cheltenham 2019 2019 Gold Cup

This topic contains 75 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by peter .h peter .h 2 days, 18 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1067

Very nice price Charlie.
    Yes Ginge, hopefully we have spotted the winner from very early on! He was my idea of the winner last year up until the ground went against him. Agree with your comments on him- i believe he’ll be hard to beat in all the Irish G1s between now + March, only turning 8 as well. While you could argue Might Bite wasn’t suited by the going either, at the price R2R is def the bet.
    If the ground was to show up bad again, Native River would be tought to beat but i just can’t see him being a 2 time GC winner- one thing he does have on his side is he was a fresh horse all last year really, and you’d hope one big performance like that wouldn’t bottom him like it has to some before.

There’s no doubt she’d have to step up but isn’t Shattered Love reasonably big at 33s+25s? Nice reappearance with ground and trip against her- she has course form, and jumps lovely. With the mares allowance, she could spring a surprise or two.

The other i’d love to see turn in to a GC contender is Al Boum Photo- however, he really would need to cut out the jumping errors to have any chance. Even then, he has a fair bit to make up on figs, but i think he’s massively talented.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

charlie87
    charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 719

Cheers lads. Can’t wait to see RTR properly tested

joliff
    joliff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 344

I’ve just bet RTR at 16s with Baron Alco boosting the Plate form yesterday. Think this horse can go all the way to the top, jumps like a stag and has a serious engine.

MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2376

My main concern about RTR would be the jockey.

Flanagan is 1 from 80 in Britain and has a mediocre record in big races. I like the horse but a jockey’s course record is one of the biggest factors for me.

joliff
    joliff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 344

Would there be any possibility Davy Russell would take the ride?!

potato
    Participant
    • Total Posts 128

I would rate Road To Respect as the main danger to Elegant Escape.

Hard to see anything else bar these 2 winning the gold cup.

It remains all about EE though。

charlie87
    charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 719

Elegant Escape isn’t good enough potato, you may as well make your peace with that now.

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5408

Yep, potato, you are frying too high and have had your chips!

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 569

Its not Sean Flanagan’s fault he is stable jockey to Noele Meade whose Cheltenham record in recent years for winners is….. how can I put it……… toilet.

If he was stable jock to Mullins or Elliott the topic unlikely wouldn’t come up.

potato
    Participant
    • Total Posts 128

charlie87

Participant

Total Posts 715

Elegant Escape isn’t good enough potato, you may as well make your peace with that now.

Great point EE isnt good enough :wacko:

Sizing John wasn’t good enough. Only 2nd at his first chelt festival. Got beat in all 3 chases as a novice. Started his gold cup winning season with a rating of 150 (EE started this season off 151 and won twice as a novice).

Sizing John clearly wasn’t good enough to win a gold cup. He didnt even land his first grade 1 chase til 1 month before the big race. :mail:

Kauto Star wasn’t good enough to win a gold cup. Yes he won a class 3 novice chase but then got beat by Mistral De Coer in a 3 runner novice chase at Exeter.

That novice campaign clearly showed us he would never be a gold cup winner.Then got beat off 149 in a handicap before turning up at the festival and not even completing the course in the champion.chase.

Useless or what. Should have been.retired at that point right?

I could go on and on…..

Now back to the real world. No horse is born a gold cup winner they develop into a gold cup winner.

If you are too blind to see that EE is developing into a gold cup winner then keep watching is my advice.

;-)

Only time will tell if EE is good enough but for anyone to suggest the horse isnt good enough as being a fact. You dont have a clue my friends, not a clue。

The EE train remains perfectly on track for gold cup glory. The case is strengthening with every race. B-)

potato
    Participant
    • Total Posts 128

Charlie87 said at 3pm 11th novenber

“Agree Joliff, EE shy of Gold Cup class, hence why he is 40/1 with 18 others ahead in the market. We will have months of potato telling us he is going to win the Gold Cup regardless though”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Charlie87 said at 4:11pm 11th november

“Agree Ginge. Loving my 44’s on RTR”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quality logic. EE isnt good enough to win hence why he is 40/1.

But the guy backed RTR at 44s

Surely RTR couldn’t be good enough hence why he was 44s?

I’m confused here. Someone help me out please. :good:

https://youtu.be/ISy0Hl0SBfg

Vautour
    Vautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 490

Hahahaha. I logged in and saw potato was the last post in the Gold Cup thread and immediately thought; he’s on the wind up again with Elegant Escape and sure enough…

All I can say is nobody saw Lord Windermere winning a Gold Cup but he did.. You keep banging that drum, pal, because in this game absolutely nothing is certain.. :unsure:

BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4740

Actually Vautour I was on Lord Windermere, and put him up here.

I’ve also taken a bigger gamble by putting a few quid e/w on Lord Windermere who is a frustrating horse, good when he’s good and hopeless when he’s not. He’s shown very little in his last three races, but he has shown his liking for Cheltenham when winning the RSA last year. If Cheltenham fires him up again, he is no 33/1 shot.

Which merely adds to your supposition….you just never know in this game :unsure:

atthepost
    Participant
    • Total Posts 169

First bet I have had is BELLSHILL 25/1 EW with bet365

My second one I like at a big price is disko, but will hold off for now until and will back him once he’s declared for a race

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 569

2 words…… Presenting Percy. ;-)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.