The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

2019 Gold Cup

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham Archive Cheltenham 2019 2019 Gold Cup

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 621 total)
  • Author
    peter .hpeter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1252

Thistlecrack is my main bet with Elegant Escape as backup and Yala Enki for a bit of fun.

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26576

Strong winds overnight and not much rain. Yesterday only fractionally on the soft side of good-soft, today may well be on the good side of good-soft. Haven’t given up on Native River but his chance is not what I thought it was. Although acts on good-soft, softer obviously brings his abundant stamina more in to play and more against the speed horses like Clan Des Obeaux, Kemboy and to a certain extent Presenting Persy. That said, the former and latter’s prices imo still over-estimate their chances.

I could do with the showers continuing and it’s not forcast to do so. :-(

value is everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26576

…And Sorry Potato, when it’s against Native River it’ll be even more against Elegant Escape.

value is everything
    potato
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 832

It’s not against elegant escape??

Elegant Escape has won 6 races and 3 of those wins were on gd/sft.

His strongest form came last time when beaten by frodon (race run to suit frodon and against the legend) and this was on gd/sft.

This is a great horse, there is absolutely no excuse from me due to ground.

Gd/sft although it’s no problem for the legend himself it does help Clan Des Obeaux bit dont worry my boy is a boss

THE KING WILL BE CROWNED B-)

Wins pulling a cart. Will improve a stone today. :yes: :yes:

I dont think Native River is 100% and believe he isnt the same horse he was. His job today is to set the race up for the champ.

potato
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 832

I have been following racing for 26 years plus and I have NEVER seen a chaser as good as ELEGANT ESCAPE. Dont forget I have seen kauto stars and Denmans careers come and go and make.no mistake about it when it comes to 3m2 1/2 f ran at gold cup pace then the horse who can beat THE GREAT LEGEND HIMSELF has yet to be born.

THE TEAM ARE READY

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Racingorchid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 175

Now the talking has to stop. Will potato be prize champ or chimp ? We are about to find out. A Tizzard 1,2,3 led by Native River would do nicely for me !

befairbefair
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1110

This is it; the peak of NH racing, always love that moment on the back straight 2nd time round when it becomes clearer who is travelling + who isn’t. As a C4 commentator said a few yrs ago, “Now we’re entering the torture chamber.’ Clan des Obeaux has been my nap of the week since Newbury; surprised he isn’t a strong favourite

potato
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 832

Now its game time

Anymore talking is done on.the racecourse.

:yes:

potato
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 832

Oh my goodness

Just look at the condition of the great legend absolutely phenomenal :yes:

befairbefair
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1110

Anibale Fly is eye-catching at 25-1

Participant
    • Total Posts 26576

If you can’t work out that Elegant Escape’s best atribute is stamina, Potato… And good-soft doesn’t play to those strengths as much as soft… then you’re a novice punter no matter how many years you’ve been punting.

You’re a great read, Potato; thanks for that. But to make a profit punters need to look at a race/horse without being so blinkered.

Elegant Escape might (MIGHT) still win on good-soft, but by far his best chance would’ve been on very soft.

value is everything
    Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1524

Rated Al Boum but Ruby didn’t choose him. Wd winners.

befairbefair
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1110

Racing’s ups and downs; Mullins loses 3 on the first circuit, the other wins

clivexx
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1193

Percy needs a new trainer. Or perhaps an actual trainer

MarkTTMarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2698

Crazy early pace set by Nico. Can’t wait to see the sectionals.

Congrats to connections of Al Boum Photo and its backers.

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 621 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.