2019 Gold Cup

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2019 2019 Gold Cup

This topic contains 620 replies, has 58 voices, and was last updated by  He Didnt Like Ground 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 621 total)
  • Author
    peter .h
    peter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1146

Thistlecrack is my main bet with Elegant Escape as backup and Yala Enki for a bit of fun.

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26119

Strong winds overnight and not much rain. Yesterday only fractionally on the soft side of good-soft, today may well be on the good side of good-soft. Haven’t given up on Native River but his chance is not what I thought it was. Although acts on good-soft, softer obviously brings his abundant stamina more in to play and more against the speed horses like Clan Des Obeaux, Kemboy and to a certain extent Presenting Persy. That said, the former and latter’s prices imo still over-estimate their chances.

I could do with the showers continuing and it’s not forcast to do so. :-(

value is everything
    Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26119

…And Sorry Potato, when it’s against Native River it’ll be even more against Elegant Escape.

value is everything

potato
    Participant
    • Total Posts 508

It’s not against elegant escape??

Elegant Escape has won 6 races and 3 of those wins were on gd/sft.

His strongest form came last time when beaten by frodon (race run to suit frodon and against the legend) and this was on gd/sft.

This is a great horse, there is absolutely no excuse from me due to ground.

Gd/sft although it’s no problem for the legend himself it does help Clan Des Obeaux bit dont worry my boy is a boss

THE KING WILL BE CROWNED B-)

Wins pulling a cart. Will improve a stone today. :yes: :yes:

I dont think Native River is 100% and believe he isnt the same horse he was. His job today is to set the race up for the champ.

potato
    Participant
    • Total Posts 508

I have been following racing for 26 years plus and I have NEVER seen a chaser as good as ELEGANT ESCAPE. Dont forget I have seen kauto stars and Denmans careers come and go and make.no mistake about it when it comes to 3m2 1/2 f ran at gold cup pace then the horse who can beat THE GREAT LEGEND HIMSELF has yet to be born.

THE TEAM ARE READY

:yes: :yes: :yes:

Racingorchid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 175

Now the talking has to stop. Will potato be prize champ or chimp ? We are about to find out. A Tizzard 1,2,3 led by Native River would do nicely for me !

befair
    befair
    Participant
    • Total Posts 990

This is it; the peak of NH racing, always love that moment on the back straight 2nd time round when it becomes clearer who is travelling + who isn’t. As a C4 commentator said a few yrs ago, “Now we’re entering the torture chamber.’ Clan des Obeaux has been my nap of the week since Newbury; surprised he isn’t a strong favourite

potato
    Participant
    • Total Posts 508

Now its game time

Anymore talking is done on.the racecourse.

:yes:

https://youtu.be/7dDvZ2qZYe8

potato
    Participant
    • Total Posts 508

Oh my goodness

Just look at the condition of the great legend absolutely phenomenal :yes:

befair
    befair
    Participant
    • Total Posts 990

Anibale Fly is eye-catching at 25-1

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26119

If you can’t work out that Elegant Escape’s best atribute is stamina, Potato… And good-soft doesn’t play to those strengths as much as soft… then you’re a novice punter no matter how many years you’ve been punting.

You’re a great read, Potato; thanks for that. But to make a profit punters need to look at a race/horse without being so blinkered.

Elegant Escape might (MIGHT) still win on good-soft, but by far his best chance would’ve been on very soft.

value is everything

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1011

Rated Al Boum but Ruby didn’t choose him. Wd winners.

befair
    befair
    Participant
    • Total Posts 990

Racing’s ups and downs; Mullins loses 3 on the first circuit, the other wins

clivexx
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1132

Percy needs a new trainer. Or perhaps an actual trainer

MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2593

Crazy early pace set by Nico. Can’t wait to see the sectionals.

Congrats to connections of Al Boum Photo and its backers.

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 621 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.