Betfair Stayers Hurdle 2018

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Betfair Stayers Hurdle 2018

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Krambust 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14345

Entries out for this, what was formerly The Fixed Brush Hurdle.

Usually a very decent fiend for this, and it’s a strong entry….

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/racecards/23/haydock/2018-11-24/714470

Sponsors have been quick to price up….

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/national-hunt/betfair-exchange-stayers-handicap-hurdle/winner

I’m in no rush to play too early on this one, and it does look like one maybe for the five day stage, but there are obviously plenty jumping out, not least the three Pipe/Tisdall contenders.

Others of note….

Aux Ptit Soins
    Calett Mad
    Closing Ceremony
    Holly Bush Henry
    Ramses De Teille
    Shades of Midnight

I’m particularly interested in the last pair named, but happy to wait for now.

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1198

Ground looking likely to be pretty good now.

First Assignment is well in from winning on Saturday impressively. Trainer hasn’t committed to running as he is a fragile horse, but i suspect they might strike while the irons hot. However, as there’s a chance he doesn’t, i think it’s worth having a look for something.

Moon Racer- couldn’t touch him.

Folsom Blue- likes a lot of cut, well handicapped on chase form but as his Punchestown hurdle run shows, that doesn’t always translate..

Aux Ptits Soins- Has some form that would entitle him to win this doing handstands, but he’s been off a long time and it’s hard to know how fit he will be here. Hurdles will probably be his future and he could run well here. Trainer quoted as saying he’d be ready to run in Nov, when the ground breaks…it hasn’t still, so will he run even?

Bobo Mac- Not good enough on the form.

Theo’s Charm- Probably vulnerable for win purposes, but he has course form…Wouldn’t be a bet right now for me, but he’d be of tiny interest.

Monksland- Former good horse, if the RP is correct he still runs here off 143 after another 377days off- clearly fragile. Another i wouldn’t know if runs.

Chef Des Obeaux is another that probably won’t be suited by the ground. He might run though, but at 7/1- no thanks.

Dragon D’Estruval, hard to know, could be chucked in, Jacob said he would prefer softer ground. Couldn’t back him right now, as he’s very unknown.

Captain Cattistock- Unexposed and is a danger, has a run this season + should be fitter. He could well be a danger.

Paisley Park- a horse i really like, so maybe i am biased here a little. He will have to be as good as i think for him to win this off 147. His runs were full of promise last year before top horses, + on hurdle debut beat Vision Des Flos…The main run that caught my eye was Warwick behind Mr Whipped. I get the feeling this guy could follow a similar path to Sam Spinner, in that he could continue to improve greatly this year. He’s jocked up, ground will be fine + trip as well.

13/2 with skybet 1/4 first 4 is a superb bet for me. There are obviously plenty of dangers, but i can’t help but take a chance.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

KevMcAlley
    KevMcAlley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 663

Captain Cattistock 6/1
    Decent re-appearance staying on, step up in trip and coming on for the run will help massively. Nicholls will have him primed for this big pot and he looks fairly handicapped.
    Williams hoss could still be miles ahead of the handicapper but this hoss is the fair each way alternative.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14345

I’ll no doubt buckle, and add Folsom Blue, but Shades of Midnight shaped pretty well last time, and not too concerned with the ground.

Only one of my original shortlist to make it, so kicking myself for not getting the four places. He can really throw in the odd howler, but I think he’s way overpriced here on some runs.

Shades of Midnight 20’s EW

charlie87
    charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 737

Paisley Park @ 4/1. Love this horse. Agree with Jack that he could follow a similar path to Sam Spinner.

Middle_Of_March
    Middle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2120

I like Paisley Park too lads (backed him on his reappearance at Aintree as it goes) but I think the favourite is top class.

Was all over him last week and couldn’t believe the way he travelled. This is obviously tougher but I think he’s a graded horse in the making and should be too good here.

First Assignment @ 7/4

charlie87
    charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 737

First Assignment at 7/4 has to be taken on. Relatively plain form LTO,terrible price

DBRDBR
    DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 237

I think Paisley Park can be a Stayers Hurdle horse. Backed him at 4/1.

MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2435

Captain Cattistock was going to be in my 10 To Follow and I think he might be in the main event come March.
    Could be anything this season but the fav is well in here.

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1198

Happy days Paisley Park, what a finish. Jumps a little big at times, but off that weight, some performance.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 14345

Well played Jack, Mark and Charlie.

Couldn’t bring my self to say well done immediately after the race lol

steeplechasing
    steeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5479

Well done Jack, Mark and Charlie. He’s a bonny big horse with lots of promise. Should make a fine chaser.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

Krambust
    Participant
    • Total Posts 18

Well played backers of Paisley Park. The ground the horse made up was quite impressive. Seemed to jump a bit ‘big’ but was deserved success and Coleman deserves some praise too!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.