The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Grand National 2015

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Grand National 2015

Viewing 17 posts - 222 through 238 (of 321 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

Nathan, very very sorry to hear that sad news. It will be a very emotional day right enough.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Got

SHUTTHEFRONTDOOR 25/1
    ROYAL KNIGHT 33/1
    GODSMEJUDGE 25/1

Out of 3 i think GODSMEJUDGE got better chance strange i know because got fave in there.He won scottish national
    so proven over 4ms and while no form this season this is time of the year for him.And for bad runs this the day he should peak at.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Not much sign of Shutthefrontdoor going off that short yet. Will need to be a fair old surge of cash.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6320

have got Balthazar King with Miss Crick and Fanciful Angel in three doubles and an each way treble Fanciful has won so thanks to Steve have got a thrill on the other two!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

Steve, I got that badly wrong, by the look of it. Clan Royal 5s. Shutthefrontdoor 8s….WTF?

Looks value now to win it

Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

Did Balthazar get back up?

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

Just said he got back up…….phew!

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 2993

Hooray – he’s up and ok apparently Nathan.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16968

Nathan..I’m doing a jig in my car I’m so happy he got up..I walked out the betting shop when he fell and lay on the floor longer than he should (got a few funny looks). Said a little prayer and it’s been answered…. Drew a complete blank.but this news is worth so much more…hope all the others were okay too..
    Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13253

I’m glad he was ok Nathan, I was thinking of you when he wen’t down. I’m still trying to find out what was 6th?

Participant
    • Total Posts 817

Great performance from Many Clouds. Thank god he came through the post race concerns. Must be one hell of a horse to carry all that weight.

Two incredibly hard races now, and he must be the most honest horse in training. I hope he can come back and win a couple more. I know the Gold Cup will be tempting but I think they should just train him for this from now on.

Bit annoyed with Andrew Lynch on Rubi Light – the horse had serious stamina concerns and yet he positions him in the front rank and asks for a big one at the first open ditch, deservedly being deposited. Not a jockey I have a lot of time for, often tactically found out and clearly had no idea what he was doing today. Little wonder the Potts sacked him. Pocket talk I know, but at least expected a run for my hard earned!

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

I’d thought him a good thing in the Gold Cup. Good to know, in a way, he did not run his race there

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

I’m glad he was ok Nathan, I was thinking of you when he wen’t down. I’m still trying to find out what was 6th?

Royale Knight was 6th Big G.

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2904

A class horse shows up today. He obviously doesn’t know when to give in and just hope he recovers OK afterwards along with Balthazar King. Well done to those who backed the winner B-)

Participant
    • Total Posts 13253

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>BigG wrote:</div>

Royale Knight was 6th Big G.

Thanks Steve, I was happy enough to have Monbeg Dude and Alverado 3rd and 4th, I’m even happier to hear that Royale Knight was 6th, that gives me three e/w’s with Betvictor’s 6 places……God bless him :good:

Emmylou
    Participant
    • Total Posts 52

Wouldn’t have picked out many clouds in a month of sundays.

Delighted to hear that all 39 are up. Hopefully nothing too serious for Balthazar King

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

I always said I thought Many Clouds was more of a National type than a Gold Cup horse and was obviously pleased to see him reward my faith. I said a fair way back in the thread that he was a 16/1 shot in my book and I was actually concerned seeing him sitting at 40/1 last night, pretty much the forgotten horse of the race.

Rocky Creek was disappointing, never travelling with quite the usual zest today. Connections had suggested he’d be ridden with more restraint this year and perhaps that’s not the horse’s natural style. He raced wide for a long way before being brought to the inside and it was puzzling to see him come under the cosh so much earlier than last year. His race was over from a long way out today and I think he’s perhaps one to be wary of going forward.

My third selection Night In Milan realised my feelings after his last run in full today. Like Rocky Creek he managed to complete the course but was never competitive. I thought I had done my 50/1 dough after he ran at Doncaster, as he was both a little disappointing that day, and gave the impression that the National might not suit.

Saint Are gave his supporters a great run and had he been running off 129, as ATR had said in error, he’d surely have won.

I would like to have seen how The Druid’s Nephew would have stayed had he managed to complete the course.

Shutthefrontdoor put up a great show but there came a stage in the race where you could see Many Clouds had more petrol left in his tank than the former Irish National winner. A good way for AP to bow out, though not winning the race.

Cause Of Causes did pretty well for a horse aged 7 and will surely be back with time on his side,

Solid efforts from Alvarado and Monbeg Dude in the money.

As said earlier, First Lieutenant was a crazy price at 14/1, and Lord Windermere looked a bet that would have seen the men in white coats at my door with the straight jacket had I been tempted to back him.

Good news that all the horses came home and the quest now begins to find one to beat early ante-post favourite for next year, Silviniaco Conti, who is 25/1 to swerve the Gold Cup and try his hand at the marathon trip.

Nice moment for Oliver Sherwood who hasn’t had a lot to shout about for a while and good on Trevor Hemmings for having a go when only he seemed to think it was a good idea.

Viewing 17 posts - 222 through 238 (of 321 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.