The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Scottish Grand National 2013

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Scottish Grand National 2013

Viewing 11 posts - 35 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Patrick2810
    Participant
    • Total Posts 66

The race is looking interesting.

With some paying 5 places what are some good EW bets?

Also any win bets? (tips to win)

Thanks!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 3442

Doesn’t bother you that only 1 horse in history have won Aintree first then Ayr Grand National in same season, which is of course RED RUM in 1974, which I think was his best year.

How many horses would you have expected to have won both in the same season based on their chance?
    Out of interest as I don’t know the answer, how many horses have actually attempted the double since Red Rum did it?

Participant
    • Total Posts 32993

Doesn’t bother you that only 1 horse in history have won Aintree first then Ayr Grand National in same season, which is of course RED RUM in 1974, which I think was his best year.

How many horses would you have expected to have won both in the same season based on their chance?
    Out of interest as I don’t know the answer, how many horses have actually attempted the double since Red Rum did it?

Excactly Yeats,
    Of course RR it is a concern. But less of a concern with Auroras Encore than it would be with most horses, having often won/run well with just around a 2 weeks turn around. 2nd in this race last year came just 14 days after a win (albeit at 2 1/2 miles), 14 days also for both Uttoxeter and Carlisle wins. Win at this meeting in 2009 came after a 9th at Aintree (16 days break). Second Sedgefield win came just 5 days after being pulled up.

It’s not that there is no concern at all, of course there is after 4m3f of Aintree; it’s that bookmakers have (imo) over-reacted to the possibility of Auroras Encore not recovering in time and Harvey Smith’s moaning at the handicapper. Price makes it worth taking a chance. Value is Everything. :wink:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32993

Rival D’Estruval, Auroras Encore, Godsmejudge (even on this ground), Always Right and Bradley… for me. :lol:

Would have gone for Fill The Power too had I not been put away by the Clerk Of Course. Price has gone now!

How the xxxx can the ground go from heavy to near good in just two days?! :roll:

Value Is Everything
    moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

Been praying for decent weather for months and, just when I want it to pour down the sun appears. Also a bit concerned about Fill the Power now running on more suitable ground after a rubbish season [hmm; sounds familiar]but still quite happy with my main bets of Lively Baron and Neptune Equester. Fear the ground has gone against Rebeccas Choice but he was worth a punt at 25/1 when the ground looked as if it would be heavy. Also ground has gone against Nuts’n’Bolts but think he’s a horse with a future [they thought he still would have beat Special Duty over hurdles when the latter came down]. He’s certainly the horse with the course form. Most important thing for me today is for Auroras Encore to came home safe and sound or, even better [although haven’t backed him] win it and provide a few more good headlines for racing, especially as I think Ryan Mania is a publicist’s dream.

Participant
    • Total Posts 18

My 3 picks are now:

Godsmejudge 16/1 – £5 each-way

Rigadin De Beauchene 28/1 – £5 each way

Rebeccas Choice 28/1 – £5 each-way

Did have King Fontaine but not running. Just a bit of fun really tried to go for bigger odds value but think the ground has gone against a couple of them.

http:///www.grand-national-race.co.uk

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

I went off Nutz and Bolts and onto Rival Destruval. Just a small bet for the sake of watching but by the time they had jumped the second fence he was already beaten. Stoked along and not jumping well, I was surprised it took Simon Holt another seven fences before uttering "I’m not convinced he’s travelling that well" the game was already up when he seemed to go wrong and I hope he’s all right. The winner could be one to keep in mind as he jumped well and kept on well. Aurora’s Encore looked likely to be a no show but he found a burst from somewhere to look promising but it is not without reason that the double National is rarely done. With Moohaajim getting beaten today it was a pretty bad show for me apart from Haaf A Sixpence, who I backed simply because my son was asking me about pre-decimal coins yesterday. Stuff the formbook, pick them by pure coincidence instead.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 18

Godsmejudge @ 16/1 brings up the double this year for Grand National Race.

Winners of both Aintree and Scottish Grand National tipped on my site. :-)

Participant
    • Total Posts 2271

yeah godsmejudge backed him earlier on antepost, makes up for my second in main national, brillant display of jumping he loved it

vf

Participant
    • Total Posts 32993

Only English and Scottish Jim, what happened to the Welsh? :wink:

Well done.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 18

Only English and Scottish Jim, what happened to the Welsh? :wink:

Well done.

Hehe, I only launched the site in mid-February so missed out on the Welsh National this year :-)

Didn’t bother with the Irish as I was too busy filling the site with content for the English. Will try all 4 next season.

Viewing 11 posts - 35 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.