The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

2009/10 jumps pattern changes

Home Forums Horse Racing 2009/10 jumps pattern changes

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    runandskip
    • Total Posts 412

the jumps pattern book is now online at the bha site,the main changes are:
    1)the betfair bowl at aintree has at last been made grade one so thats 4 grade ones for the stayers now.
    2)the liverpool hurdle at aintree is also now grade one.
    3)the amlin chase at ascot in november is now a open grade 2 conditions race as opposed to a limited handicap for 2nd season chasers
    4)the 2 mile handicap on the cheltenham open sunday reverts back to the friday to make way for the new 2 mile conditions chase
    5)the lightning novice chase moves from ascot to skybet day at doncaster.
    6)the hennessy gold cup prize money is now 200,000.
    7)despite his threats victor chandler stays with the clarence house chase but its value is cut from 140,000 to 105,000.
    8)the old captain quist hurdle apears to have moved from kempton to the showcase saturday at cheltenham.
    9)all the rht tracks have cuts to prize money including at both cheltenham and aintree festivals. one of the more noticable ones is the boylepoker chase on the cheltenham december friday going from 100,000 to 75,000.
    all in all good news for northern jumping…more grade ones at aintree and doncaster have nicked a race from ascot!

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Shame the Chandler hasn’t reverted to a handicap. :(

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5616

5)the lightning novice chase moves from ascot to skybet day at doncaster.

Presumably that will replace the existing – rather weak – novice chase which has been a low key start to an otherwise fine card: two grade 2 hurdles, two good handicap chases and now a grade 2 novice chase.

Bring it on

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3326

Some other changes at Cheltenham that I’ve noticed.

The Pertemps qualifier has been moved from the December Friday to the October Friday, even though there’s still an identical 3M handicap hurdle on the December card. The October race is to be run over 3M, which suggests they plan to use the temporary start right in front of the stands that was employed on the Old Course after the lost Wednesday.

The 2M conditions hurdle at the October meeting (i.e. the transfered Captain Quist from Kempton) replaces the valuabel 2M novice handicap hurdle that used to be sponsored by Jewsons.

One good move (imo at least!) is that the cross country chase at the December meeting will be run as the first race on the card at 12:05.

AP

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3177

Shame about the XC Chase IMO – it brings some much needed variance to the cards at Cheltenham.

Also good to see the prize money increases at Aintree – I love seeing the clashes at Cheltenham but the jumps calendar is centre far too much around Cheltenham and an increase in prize money will surely help.

Does anyone know off hand what the prize money for the 3m Hurdle at Ascot in December is? (The Long Walk I think).

Have an Ante-Post World Hurdle fancy i’m hoping will contest it.

Silvoir
    Participant
    • Total Posts 270

http://www.britishhorseracing.com/resources/media/JUMP_PATTERN_BOOK_2010.pdf

Long Walk on Page 49

dprp
    • Total Posts 175

…and The Topham Chase (2m5f , national fences, Aintree) gets listed status.

Imperial Call
    • Total Posts 2184

One good move (imo at least!) is that the cross country chase at the December meeting will be run as the first race on the card at 12:05.

:evil: :evil:

Neil Watson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1376

Good to see Doncaster getting a Graded Novice Chase, At last the north is getting more and more added to its quality.

Annoyed at the XC getting a 12.05 start in December, somebody must have done this who has no common sense whatsoever.

Good to see the Bowl being a Grade One race, the quality of horse has improved and for those who win races like a King George or an Aon but do not like Cheltenham this is a very good alternative.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3177

Long Walk on Page 49

Thanks Paul :)

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Long Walk on Page 49

An excellent resource and another example of how the BHA website has improved enormously in the last year or so.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6964

Annoyed at the XC getting a 12.05 start in December

Sing it, brother. I’d venture further that the course is still under-utilised, and that I’d love to see it deployed during at least two other meetings at HQ, but this is doubtless a point I’ve laboured on here several times already.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Never Nearer
    • Total Posts 98

Annoyed at the XC getting a 12.05 start in December, somebody must have done this who has no common sense whatsoever.

Quite. They should have made it the last race so those who care can stay and the rest of us can get off early.

There’s no point in making a change that pleases nobody.

runandskip
    • Total Posts 412

and what happens if theres a hard frost the night before? they cant cover the cross-country course as well as the new course and having the race at midday dosent leave long for any frost to come out.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.