The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

2000 Guineas 2010

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion 2000 Guineas 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 103 through 119 (of 531 total)
  • Author
    newyork
    • Total Posts 215

Zarkara is right sna will probably pick up some injury,if you remember Ballydoyle/Coolmore retired George Washington after his Irish guineas run and of course Johannesburg picked up that mysterious injury during that winner so he never ran again NOT.Magnier has never gone down that road of what zarkakra is saying and i dont believe they ever would apart from Fasliyev and footstepsinthesand i couldn’t name any other of their top 2 or 3 yrs that have retired though injury and i doubt they will start now

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

When on earth have I said that they’ll retire him? I’ve said that I believe he’ll scope badly or pick up a stone bruise a couple of days before the race, miss it through injury and then run in the Derrinstown. Jesus wept, read the posts before you comment.

p4jos1
    • Total Posts 10

so what’s everyones opinion on Inler, he’s been backed in from 33’s to 20’s today, Mr Findlay must think he’s got a chance. He won well at Newmarket in October although not beating a great deal

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

I believe that Johannesburg was sent to stud in the USA because he had just won the Breeders Cup and there was no future in training him for a grass career He ran miserably at the Curragh when rushed in his preparation hoping to get him ready for the Kentucky Derby. That was the only time they at Ballydoyle tried that and it did not work. They needed a sire that worked the dirt at their stud in the US and he filled the bill perfectly. It is critical to remember that the stud farms pay the bills not the training operations.Mr.Magnier has always been adamant about that.He took HRE out of training without making any excuse because the stud program needed an option for the breeders who had paid for the Mad One.

• Total Posts 1511

I know the breeder’s of Inler the Cantillon’s and they are exceptional horsemen. Obviously he could be very good but i believe this hype is exactly what Findlay wants. He wants to sell this to Godolphin after it hacks up in a egg and spoon race prep and goes to the Guineas. Whether he race in it is a big if but this looks set up for Sheikh Mo to come in with the cheque book.

Kate Miller, spokeswoman for William Hill, said of the gamble: "The whispers are already circulating that John Best’s charge could be something truly special."

Quotes like this :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: .

Hehe

colinf
    • Total Posts 144

Kingsfort ruled out ….. and the obligatory ‘gamble’ story headlining the Rag the week following Cheltenham.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I take it that Inler is by far the best progeny from your friend’s mare so far Wallace? Looks like he beat a bunch of Class5/6 handicapping battlers at Newmarket. An interesting one because he’s miles ahead of his siblings and that always catches my eye. Would need to show a lot more than the bare form to be a Guineas horse.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Inler won well at Newmarket last year, when ‘Arry steamed into it beforehand. The horse looked quite impressive that day.

Whether he is up to winning the 2010 2,000 Guineas is entirely a different matter.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

• Total Posts 1511

Chis

I don’t know anything about this particular mare other than she was sold upwards of 50k. Obviously to be mentioned as a potential Guineas Horse for that sort of purchase means he is far better than siblings and a bit of freak or else he didn’t beat much and been overhyped. I would say he is better than his sibling but as a potential 2000 Guineas winner i don’t believe it.

• Total Posts 1511

Kingsfort Injured….

Are we surprised.

I would be very interested in the specifics of this injury are?…anyone know?

p4jos1
    • Total Posts 10

I think it was an injury to sheikh mo’s cheque book

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

When you look at the market for this years 2000gns,you think,is it worth taking on St Nicholas Abbey? He is an extremely short 2/1 fav! On closer inspection,this years race could be as good as every years!Its still the best race of the year for throwing up future winners!Canford Cliffs,said to be the best horse in 40 years to set foot in Richard Hannons yard! :shock: Arcano and Awzaan,owned by Sheikh Hamden,both Group 1 winners! 2 Dark horses in Inler and Workforce,both exuded Power in winning their maidens. Xtension and Elusive Pimpernel,will both win races!Al Zir could still progress! Its a very wide open contest and 2/1 the fav looks a bit tight!Last year i had a one horse book in Mastercraftsman and he wasn"t fit enough on the day! This year i will have 2 main bets,

Arcano

at 24"s and less if he runs and the horse that has really caught my eye,

Workforce

at 16/1. I have had a £100 e/w at the price! This fellow is a machine! :wink:

• Total Posts 1688

There is no conceivable way SNA will front up @ Newmarket. It would be nice if Coolmore could add another string to Montjeu’s bow (and perhaps SNA’s) but the stats suggest they are risking too much too early in the season.

Steinbeck on the backburners means Aidan O’Brien is a bit low on stocks for the 2,000 Guineas and it wouldn’t surprise me if he was absent a runner in the race.

Fencing Master isn’t all that pacey for mine and would be better off in the Irish 2,000 Guineas if they head that way and if not a Derby trial race of some sort.

Cape Blanco is the #1 candidate for mine.

Gerald

, could you drum up a list of the entries and their dosage figures, please? Yes, that’s right — I said it without gritted teeth or wielding an axe.

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Has Aidan O’Brien declared what will be his first choice for the Guineas? He must have made up his mind by now.I watched a review of the Coventry and was mightily impress by Canford Cliffs but I can’t help thinking will he last the extra two furlongs of the Guineas? This Guineas will surely come down to the wire like it often has and will he be good enough to withstand the Montjues(St Nicholas Abbey,Jan Vermeer) or the Galileos(Cape Blanco,Don Carlos) when push comes to shove in the charge to the wire?Montjues nearly always improves from two to three,likewise with Galileos. Viscount Nelson was last in and first out of Aidans three year olds so he must have been on a fact finding mission at the Leopardstown meeting.The jockey said he was well satisfied with his second to Noll Wallop.What did Aidan learn from such an early start to his season? Nobody knows better than Ben Hannon what it takes to win a Guineas so it will be a monster race.

p4jos1
    • Total Posts 10

The Guineas is getting closer and as usual trainers are be bullish about the chances of their horses, but I think this years Guineas main contenders will not be suited be a mile. Here’s my opinion

St Nick, fencing master and elusive pimernel will need further
    Canford, awzaan and arcano will be better over 6f or 7f
    Inler very very very over rated
    cape blanco looked big and will probably come to hand a bit later in the season
    xtension been taken off his feet in the early stages of his races and been beaten can’t see that changing at newmarket
    workforce a very strong contender if he can get over his inexperiance
    Hearts of fire a true miler and has improved in every race and i think the winner

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7872

Workforce is my tip in 2000 guineas.Also my email got in the racingpost today about Workforce.And the price is plummetting. the bookies must remember me being the 1st person to flag ST Nicholas Abbey in the racing post months before anyone knew of him.

wfordman
    • Total Posts 6

I quiet like SNA, but I’ve been thinking of having a dabble on Steinbeck at nice odds.

Viewing 17 posts - 103 through 119 (of 531 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.