The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

2000 Guineas 2010

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion 2000 Guineas 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 426 through 442 (of 531 total)
  • Author
    fivelongdays
    Participant
    • Total Posts 693

I still think Awzaan is perhaps a bit too long a price – I’d’ve thought he would be around the 7s mark.

Will be interesting to see whether SNA is all he’s cracked up to be, though.

Twitter=@PGHenn

So don't run, just like the others always do

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

I’ve taken an exchange position at ridiculous figures about Viscount Nelson.

He’s part of my 7 who fit the speed/stamina spread.

The way he’s bred anything he did at two was always going to be a bonus. Despite that his form isn’t bad.

O’Brien warned us his are better for a run.

Fallon seems to have crept up on the beast almost unnoticed by the wider public.

He’s at the top end of the stamina bracket so he needs a strong pace but could kick early, get first run and wear them down from the front. His draw position enables him to lay up just near the shoulder of the flank centre far pinning the field in then bounce and get first run. And if there is any softening of the going I don’t think that harms him.

Stranger things have happened at Sea :)

Imo, Viscount Nelson is simply there to set the pace for SNA, and there’s no finer judge than KF, which is why he’s riding him.
    Still say there up against it though, without help from the weather, and still say with no rain a miler will win it – as they usually do. :D

It’s a theory but with such a big field and several potential non-stayers doubtful there was ever going to be a lack of pace.

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

SNA is a strange one IMO. Favorites have a terrible record in the 2000 guineas. Racing Post trophy winners dont have a great record in the guineas (in recent years at least). Montjeu hasnt had a top class miler. Newmarket is gd-fm which surely wont help him. Everything about him screams derby horse 2 me. But that is what is most strange about him IMO, AO’B never sends horses like him 2 newmarket, they go ballysax derrinstown derby, so aiden must think SNA is a bit special. I’ll avoid him and stick with fencing master, but i think theres obviously a chance we may see something special 2day if he’s right about SNA. The guineas never fails 2 get me excited.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

People are saying SNA will go for the triple crown. If that’s true i’m quite happy for him to win this today. It’d be great for the St Ledger. If he didn’t win today though would he lengthen for the derby? I would definately back him a bit if he did.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I maintain that Dick Turpin is being severely underestimated, but I’m actually considering laying St Nicholas Abbey for a place at this point. Doing so isn’t going to break the bank and I still have a nagging feeling that he was hugely flattered by the apparent ease of his Racing Post Trophy victory. Conditions were very much in his favour and although he seemed to quicken well (perhaps even too well) for a son of Montjeu, I just can’t see a horse who won three times over a mile as a juvenile being quick enough to win a Guineas. Today’s faster ground is also an unknown.

Elusive Pimpernel didn’t beat all that much in the Craven, Awzaan and Canford Cliffs simply won’t stay, Xtension probably ran right up to his best in the Dewhurst (and so shouldn’t beat Fencing Master) and Inler doesn’t appeal having only beaten Halsion Chancer in a gallop.

The race is, in my opinion at least, far more competitive than the market suggests.

doyley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 567

Hello,

A little each way on FAIR TRADE.. 8)

regards,

doyley

• Total Posts 1046

1. Xtension
    2. St Nic
    3. Fencing Master

gl all 8)

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

The most difficult race to win in a triple crown effort is the Guineas according to John Oxx.To be ready for the Guineas and have the speed to win it that is the real challenge for a St Leger horse.

• Total Posts 1511

Wow Odds on in places….

Is turning into a good trade for me because i backed him at 6/4 if i can get any of those odds on backers on Betfair i may trade and just enjoy the race.

Not likely though :wink:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

If he goes odds on at Betfair plenty of laying will be done by me. :D

It’s apt that the last odds on beaten Guineas fave also has a runner engaged. It can’t win either. :P

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

I’m quite happy with my little ew’s on Al Zir, Makfi [my lucky dip horse] and Hearts of Fire, but, as a fully paid up member of the ’tilt at windmills brigade’, along with his trainer, Fair Trade is calling to me. Really looking forward to the race race, though, with no expectations of winning anything.

• Total Posts 1511

38K In between 2.22 and 2.3 on Betfair ready to back. This is going off odds on with the main bookies for sure.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4833

Dick Turpin at 20’s for me.

• Total Posts 1511

St Nicholas Abbey looked a Million Dollars.

His coat was beautiful…. :)

• Total Posts 1982

St Nicholas Abbey looked a Million Dollars.

His coat was beautiful…. :)

Agreed – he looks gorgous and a proper athlete. Appeared very calm in the pre-parade ring, too.

Despite opposing St. Nick, if he does win I hope he does so in the same manner as his Racing Post Trophy success.

Looking at the 13.55, the majority look certain to come down middle, as expected. I expect Frankie to spearhead the pack on Al Zir from his perfect pitch in the middle (10).

This promises to be a cracking contest – the most competitive field I’ve seen in a very long time. Really looking forward to it.

Pat Eddery on C4…there’s no Zafonic in this field, though!

• Total Posts 629

OH LA LA! :lol:

• Total Posts 1982

Well done to those who backed Makfi.

The Hannon pair DID stay. Canford Cliffs ran a cracker considering he didn’t settle early.

Happy with my ante-post result with Dick Turpin.

Viewing 17 posts - 426 through 442 (of 531 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.