The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

2000 Guineas 2010

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion 2000 Guineas 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 324 through 340 (of 531 total)
  • Author
    Fryern
    • Total Posts 175

Latest from up the hill.

Elusive Pimpernel on course for the 2000 guineas. "Everything has gone well since the Craven" and "He hasn’t missed a days exercise".

He’s 5-1 with Sportingbet, Stan James and Ladbrokes. It’s 1/4 the odds a place. I’m waiting until they go ex anti-post before my next bet. I have enough anti-post.

Interesting raining here at the moment in glorious West Sussex.

:D :D

• Total Posts 223

EP should be 10/1+ imo. Beat nothing in the Craven in a poor time. Decent horse but not a Guineas winner

Fryern
    • Total Posts 175

EP should be 10/1+ imo. Beat nothing in the Craven in a poor time. Decent horse but not a Guineas winner

Well he ain’t 10-1 you could have had 25-1 and loads at 20-1 like me.

Poor time? Looking at a different one to me it was 2.5 seconds faster than the previous race and EP was slowing down like a class horse.

He’s got overdrive and a different animal now. Hates being beaten – a cracking ew bet at 5-1 with a run.

• Total Posts 1046

I’ve seen much more impressive craven winners and at the moment EP doesn’t really do it for me either.

• Total Posts 223

Poor time? Looking at a different one to me it was 2.5 seconds faster than the previous race and EP was slowing down like a class horse.

He’s got overdrive and a different animal now. Hates being beaten – a cracking ew bet at 5-1 with a run.

Best of luck to you. 25/1 and 20/1 is a very nice price.

Don’t get me wrong I like him as a horse but I just don’t see him winning a Guineas. I shouldn’t have said poor time, I mean it wasn’t a top class time

Can’t have any of the top 3 (SNA, EP, Awzaan) in the 2000 market myself. CC hard to beat imo

• Total Posts 1046

I think the winner will be a seasonal debutant.

halfwaytoheaven
    • Total Posts 1387

Also a whole 1.5 seconds SLOWER than Delegator in the same race last year (it was a hotter race in 2009 too).

Can’t have EP

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7872

Ryan Moore will be on Dick Turpin. Come on guys thats an obvious one!

Dick Turpin will not be in the race i think he go for 2000 in Ireland.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7872

ST Nicholas Abbey and Fencing Master are my tips in the race.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32178

Hannon said something along the lines of wanting Dick Turpin to run in the French or Irish Guineas but it could depend on what the owner wants to go for.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

halfwaytoheaven
    • Total Posts 1387

Hannon said something along the lines of wanting Dick Turpin to run in the French or Irish Guineas but it could depend on what the owner wants to go for.

That was last week gents. Since then the stable have said they’ll both be taking their chances. I was a little surprised but thats what I’ve heard.

I’ll try and find a quote later on.

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Fryern, If you look at EP’s tyo races he had that overdrive then. However it did not look so fast when SNA passed him in the Racing Post.The Craven was like his first two races.Very impressive at that level.

Fryern
    • Total Posts 175

Fryern, If you look at EP’s tyo races he had that overdrive then. However it did not look so fast when SNA passed him in the Racing Post.The Craven was like his first two races.Very impressive at that level.

Racing Post, he forgot to go into overdrive and by the time he did SNA was gone. SNA went round the other side. EP has to go at 2.5f as he is slow to change gears. He will have the advantage of a course he knows well, and has an uphill finish.

We know he has improved since a 2yo.

If SNA turns up it will be close. Very interesting to see who rides EP.

Got some 1995 Nyetimber in the cellar ready and waiting. Now that is a local speciality. Only beaten by a 1986 Dom.

PS from John:-
    "There are three things which give him hope: the day he was beaten at Doncaster it was very soft, which didn’t suit him.

"And he does like a strongly-run race, which he didn’t get there.

"Those two factors can be improved on. In addition, he has developed particularly well from two to three.

"He is now a lovely-looking horse and has a marvellous attitude."

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Some would argue that the Doncaster race did not suit SNA either. It was not a good gallop you admit so it developed into a sprint. Now we all know that Montjeu’s have not the speed to do sprint finishes or races short of a mile+. So SNA was caught for foot at the finish of the RP as a Montjeu naturally would.Yet he still won going away.

Fryern
    • Total Posts 175

Yet he still won going away.

Don’t agree with that. SNA opened up a lead and the only horse to stay with it and start to close it was EP. It was a pointless mission.

Wait and see whose actually running and who is riding what, then we will have a clearer picture. We’ll know that next Friday for certain.

• Total Posts 2184

I can see why people want to take on SNA at the current prices but I cannot understand why so many are picking out Elusive Pimpernel as the value against him.

I see no reason why he should turn the Doncaster form around. He may well have improved from 2 to 3 and he would have appreciated a stronger pace in that race. Can those points not apply to SNA too though? He too may have improved for the winter and surely as a Montjeu colt, he too would have been inconvenienced by the sedate pace in the RP Trohpy. He beat Elusive Pimpernel under a hands and heels ride and the only excuse I can put forward for Elusive Pimpernel that day was the ground.

If SNA handles the quicker surface here I think he’ll win this easily.

johnjdonoghue
    • Total Posts 994

I think Fencing Master is open to massive improvement from the Dewhurst, he seemed very green and ran wide throughout the race, I think he is a cracking bet at 16-1.

JohnJ.

Viewing 17 posts - 324 through 340 (of 531 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.